Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faces of Pulau Ubin

Default Faces of Pulau Ubin

Made a trip there last weekend ... would like to share some
    pics for your viewing pleasure .. err i hope

Comments are warmly welcomed.

I only like the 3rd and 4th ones. The 1st two doesn't catch my eyes like the other 2 does.

Originally posted by Bluestrike
    I only like the 3rd and 4th ones. The 1st two doesn't catch my eyes like the other 2 does.
    hehe.. my fav is the 4th one

well the 5th is not bad too... but find that the dunno what thing on the sea surface at the left of the pic is disturbing. The DOF for the 6th pic... is like neither here nor there. maybe a deeper DOF or a shallower DOF might be interesting?

Originally posted by toomz
    hehe.. my fav is the 4th one
    yes that was a good shot. I would love it more if the tree is in teh circumfrence of the quarry. let the blueness of the water bring out the bare branches.

well the 5th is not bad too... but find that the dunno what thing on the sea surface at the left of the pic is disturbing. The DOF for the 6th pic... is like neither here nor there. maybe a deeper DOF or a shallower DOF might be interesting?
    hehe maybe can do some area cleaing first next time.. noted.

as for the 6th pic.. intention was to get a shallower DOF ..
    was using F2.8 and macro mode on my F601z already is there anything else which i can do to get a shallower DOF?
    pardon me ... newbie

yes that was a good shot. I would love it more if the tree is in teh circumfrence of the quarry. let the blueness of the water bring out the bare branches.
    yup agree tat would be great.. but i was restriced by the terrain.. so kinda like bo bian..

Hi, first of all, I would like to say that your shots are well taken. It really brings out the 'wow' factor of Ubin. In fact, I was there last Sat but didnt bring my camera along. I was there just to hike with my friends. Eh, do you have a map of Ubin? Cos last Sat when I was there, I tried to bring my friend to the quarry site but I just couldnt find the place. There was also no directional signs to lead you to the quarry. From jetty to the quarry, how long is the walking distance?

wa! i like the last pic very much! the one with a man standing on the bridge is not bad too, though maybe can make it better... i dunno how la, hahahhahahha

eh, can teach me how you make that border on your photos?

ai ya, i am so blur... didnt see there are two more shots.... not bad!

hehe maybe can do some area cleaing first next time.. noted.

as for the 6th pic.. intention was to get a shallower DOF ..
    was using F2.8 and macro mode on my F601z already is there anything else which i can do to get a shallower DOF?
    pardon me ... newbie
    Sigh... I'm afraid there is nothing much to be done. DC's DOF is very limiting. Carry on shooting and dun let it worry you too much. Enjoy yourself in the procedure.

Originally posted by Pokka
    Hi, first of all, I would like to say that your shots are well taken. It really brings out the 'wow' factor of Ubin. In fact, I was there last Sat but didnt bring my camera along. I was there just to hike with my friends. Eh, do you have a map of Ubin? Cos last Sat when I was there, I tried to bring my friend to the quarry site but I just couldnt find the place. There was also no directional signs to lead you to the quarry. From jetty to the quarry, how long is the walking distance?
    Tks Pokka, u can get a map from any of the bicycle shops ard the jetty ... The nparks info kiosk oso has a more simplified map.
    yup u r right there are no directional signs for quarry .. as most of them are already fenced up.. well at least officially.
    To trek to quarry would be a definite killer becos of the distance (not sure how far, depends on which one u go to i guess), terrain and the HOT sun. Suggest u rent a bike.

Sigh... I'm afraid there is nothing much to be done. DC's DOF is very limiting. Carry on shooting and dun let it worry you too much. Enjoy yourself in the procedure.
    geez.. tats kinda sad... but bo bian i guess..
    Still learning and enjoying it though ... tks

Thanks! I'll be goin to Ubin again (this time a pure photographic expedition). I'll be getting the maps from the bicycle shop, hopefully they will obliged. I can't rent a bicycle because I have friends who can't cycle and so we have to walk. Will the shop owners still give us maps even though we are not renting bicycles from them?

Thanks! I'll be goin to Ubin again (this time a pure photographic expedition). I'll be getting the maps from the bicycle shop, hopefully they will obliged. I can't rent a bicycle because I have friends who can't cycle and so we have to walk. Will the shop owners still give us maps even though we are not renting bicycles from them?
    If I were you, I'll talk to those rent-a-van services over there. Ask them to provide a, say 5hrs plus, ride at a price shared by your group. I think it might be cheaper then renting bicycles.

Walk..... sigh........
    AG........ let take a van next time.....

Ok.. before I go OT, let get back to the main topic.

Originally posted by beivied
    wa! i like the last pic very much! the one with a man standing on the bridge is not bad too, though maybe can make it better... i dunno how la, hahahhahahha

eh, can teach me how you make that border on your photos?
    Hmm... at first i tried to do a b/w of the man standing on the small "bridge" but figured tat not so good so i decided on the color version.

Check ur PM

HI BS, how much will it cost to rent it hourly? If we are to trekked up the hill, will they wait for us at the roadside there?

I'm sure they'll still give u a map.. no worries.
    Maybe u can try bluestrike's idea of renting a van.
    I've not tried that before hehe..

Hmm... at first i tried to do a b/w of the man standing on the small "bridge" but figured tat not so good so i decided on the color version.

Check ur PM
    black and white sounds not bad, but i think for this one colour will be nicer... hmmm.... maybe can try take from the back of the man? say, only part of the back of the head of the man (terrible english here) is captured on one corner of the photo? just a suggestion, hehe.... nah, dont think it will work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast