Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...8-buy-now.html

    Seems like the lens is already available? Come on Shirio, I want one too!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    That's really fast! Well, I'm sure some here would be happy to have this one, and/or the 300/4 in their collections

    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    If it is available, that means Pentax already start shipping, so it gonna be available world wide soon.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    That is great new. But as one of the post in the pentax forum, comparing 200mm/2.8 prime and and the sigma 70-200mm/2.8, which will you choose?

    on one hand, weather seal and dust proof.
    on the other, flexible zoom and 20mm nearer min focus.
    Last edited by zveron; 2nd February 2008 at 11:39 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    I was deciding between the 200mm and 300mm, but the 200mm seems like the best choice for now!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    Quote Originally Posted by zveron View Post
    That is great new. But as one of the post in the pentax forum, comparing 200mm/2.8 prime and and the sigma 70-200mm/2.8, which will you choose?

    on one hand, weather seal and dust proof.
    on the other, flexible zoom and 20mm nearer min focus.
    ask me of course i would choose the Pentax 200 f/2.8. simply because i already have other lens that cover the 70-200mm range Which lens, that depends on individual lah.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    I was deciding between the 200mm and 300mm, but the 200mm seems like the best choice for now!
    Grab both is the best cure. After grabbing the 200mm isn't it always the case that the mind still tells you "maybe i need the 300mm also".

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    Wow looks like the DA* 200mm is also available in some stores in Japan now! A friend of mine happened to see them well stocked in some of the less popular camera stores!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Wow looks like the DA* 200mm is also available in some stores in Japan now! A friend of mine happened to see them well stocked in some of the less popular camera stores!
    Quick... BBB

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post
    Quick... BBB
    I saw it here.

  11. #11
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    I saw it here.
    Their pricing is on the high side according to my Jap friend. But they do have nice stuff.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Oh my! Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 already available in Europe!

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Their pricing is on the high side according to my Jap friend. But they do have nice stuff.
    I have to agreed with you on the price. They always have those nice stuffs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •