Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

Thread: Singapore's First Cyber Begger

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Eh? I thought you are getting the S2?
    so you and Lil have been talking huh??? Well, i was told by some to wait for the S3..... so i will hang in there for the time being lah. And also i WILL need/want the 14mm if i get a DSLR cos of the FLM....

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by NitroTech
    so you and Lil have been talking huh??? Well, i was told by some to wait for the S3..... so i will hang in there for the time being lah. And also i WILL need/want the 14mm if i get a DSLR cos of the FLM....
    hullo? I din tell him u want S2 leh... I think I said u wanted D100?

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Right ho, before this gets too ugly for anyone or everyone...

    Regarding this "gentleman" who has come up with this way of acquiring what he wants, we can condemn, criticise, praise his innovative-ness or verbally bash him upside down here but i would like to gently remind one and all not to make broad sweeping statements at anyone here or the society in particular.

    All of us have opposable thumbs and all of us will probably never see eye to eye on alot of issues. May that be so, i would still like to think of this as a civilised forum so i would appreciate everyone to turn down the flame throwers a notch or two...

    This person is probably what he is making himself out to be. If you all think he warrants all these attention and all this mutual criticisms towards each other, then by all means, go ahead. He might even get a kick out of reading through these posts and getting a good laugh out of it, seeing what he started sparked this sort of in-fighting.

    In all honesty, lets all just move on.

    He is getting alot of un-necessary attention.

    So, final gentle reminder: Do keep this civilised

    Thank you.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by NitroTech
    so you and Lil have been talking huh??? Well, i was told by some to wait for the S3..... so i will hang in there for the time being lah. And also i WILL need/want the 14mm if i get a DSLR cos of the FLM....
    Why not get the AF-S 12-24mm f/4G?

    Regards
    CK

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    hullo? I din tell him u want S2 leh... I think I said u wanted D100?
    Heheh.. sorry.. my bad.. my brain could be all blurred due to the fact that i hadn't slept the entire night...

    Originally posted by NitroTech
    so you and Lil have been talking huh??? Well, i was told by some to wait for the S3..... so i will hang in there for the time being lah. And also i WILL need/want the 14mm if i get a DSLR cos of the FLM....
    You 2 too fast lah... i barely composed that last post of mine and this 2 additional posts pops up... hehe.. well, either D100 or S2/S3, i hope you get your camera soon.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang

    You 2 too fast lah... i barely composed that last post of mine and this 2 additional posts pops up... hehe.. well, either D100 or S2/S3, i hope you get your camera soon.
    So, when are YOU getting yours?

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Why not get the AF-S 12-24mm f/4G?

    Regards
    CK
    Oh yes please..... that too!!!


    P/s: I just realised I am going off topic.... but then again this is "Kopitiam"...... so where will the mods move this thread to then?

  8. #48

    Default

    Originally posted by NitroTech
    Oh yes please..... that too!!!


    P/s: I just realised I am going off topic.... but then again this is "Kopitiam"...... so where will the mods move this thread to then?
    well I can start a new tread and you all can carry on from there...

    Title : When are we getting S2Pro..... by Wolf & Nitro.

    BLAH BLAH BLAH.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Originally posted by peach
    i cannot understand the vicious attacks made in this forum..

    seriously, why do you guys think that just because someone donates to his laptop means that charity gets less money?? isn't that a pretty narrow view of things? did you mean to say that by not donating to him, you will donate the very same amount to charity?

    i hear nothing but jealousy in your voices..

    very singaporean indeed... sigh..

    Well, judging frm this tone of "Very Singaporean Indeed", goes to say dat u're not a Singaporean? If u're a Singaporean, hold a pink IC with the letter "S" right infront of your 7-digit NRIC number, u're indirectly lumping urself with this "very singaporean" group. Which means to say dat, wad u're saying are indirectly referring to yourself.

    We've got ppl suffering frm SARS in hospital, we've got ppl under home quarantine with no work, no income. I guess this fella's efforts would have been rather commendable if he'd done his begging to satisfy the needs of others. I'll give praise and salute to him.

    Rather, dis guy is begging others shamelessly for self-fulfilment of his personal whimps, fancies and desires. Ultimately, I believe he'll get his 17" AlPBook. But there's absolutely no sense of pride for this pseudo-owner since he'd raised 1/2 of the money thru begging.

    It's like where a famous male prositute sells his butt to a rich old lady in order to get his BMW. However, as he declares himself an owner of the BMW, he'd unwittingly and indirectly put other BMW owners to shame since ppl would stereotype all other BMW car owners to be prositutes....

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by NitroTech
    Oh yes please..... that too!!!


    P/s: I just realised I am going off topic.... but then again this is "Kopitiam"...... so where will the mods move this thread to then?
    Ah.... thats a surprise... But seriously, if this thread goes down flaming, either one of the other mods or myself will simply close the thread although i see no reason for it to come to that. Like i have stated, the majority of the posters here are all civilised people and i am pretty sure they don't want to have what they say reflected in an unfavourable way upon them... but whatever the case may be, don't worry abt it being moved...

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    So, when are YOU getting yours?
    Lilz... all in good time.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike
    well I can start a new tread and you all can carry on from there...

    Title : When are we getting S2Pro..... by Wolf & Nitro.

    BLAH BLAH BLAH.

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    In line with being a civilised forum, I wld suggest that Apple not sell this computer to him, cos it makes Apple a less than dignified brand if u ask me...

    There is a saying, taking skin from the backside and then putting it on the face. No offence to anyone undergone skin graft...

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Does the thought that 'peach' might be related to the cyberbeggar ever crossed anyone's minds? He's a new user with only 1 post.

    Regards
    CK

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Does the thought that 'peach' might be related to the cyberbeggar ever crossed anyone's minds? He's a new user with only 1 post.

    Regards
    CK
    Oh it sure did for me ckiang.

    I've just been to cyberbeggar's page today & he has linked this thread to his blog....... hmmmmmm

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Fellas, the man himself has spoken, this is his response when Iwrote to tell him to "grow up". Wonder what we really should do with pple like that who's ego is taller than Mt Everest! Send him to go see SM Lee?

    hi Jeff,

    thanx for the note.

    whilst i appreciate your honesty and concern, your convenient dismissal of my intentions, the motivation behind the project, and the rude assumptions and application of your tried, tested and by now very tired politically correct views say alot about you.

    i am well-informed about the poverty and the misery around me, and have probably gone thru more in life than you can ever imagine, mister. i am disheartened once again by how people are so eager and ready to make snide comments, sweeping yet baseless opinions when they have not been educated about the situation in full. your frame of reference is too narrow to shed any credibility on your views.

    you probably already know everything about living life, so i shall spare my two cents on you, Mr Almighty.

    birthday wishes accepted tho'.

    cheerios,
    daniel.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Does the thought that 'peach' might be related to the cyberbeggar ever crossed anyone's minds? He's a new user with only 1 post.

    Regards
    CK

    thats what i said in my post...

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by jeff chen
    Fellas, the man himself has spoken, this is his response when Iwrote to tell him to "grow up". Wonder what we really should do with pple like that who's ego is taller than Mt Everest! Send him to go see SM Lee?

    hi Jeff,

    thanx for the note.

    whilst i appreciate your honesty and concern, your convenient dismissal of my intentions, the motivation behind the project, and the rude assumptions and application of your tried, tested and by now very tired politically correct views say alot about you.

    i am well-informed about the poverty and the misery around me, and have probably gone thru more in life than you can ever imagine, mister. i am disheartened once again by how people are so eager and ready to make snide comments, sweeping yet baseless opinions when they have not been educated about the situation in full. your frame of reference is too narrow to shed any credibility on your views.

    you probably already know everything about living life, so i shall spare my two cents on you, Mr Almighty.

    birthday wishes accepted tho'.

    cheerios,
    daniel.
    Good grief - the tone of his reply to you is so so so patronising.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Lav, what to do? He probably won't listen to anyone, not even his parents, so no point "educating" him...but it is sad for some others to approve of his innovativeness...just gives him a false impression that it is "right" to do such things.

    I just hope that this boy will eventually grow up...sigh

    I hope the mods of this forum don't get me wrong, I am not trying to flame anyone, but some views are just completely wrong and they have to be dispelled, put right, so that pple wld not go away thinking that it is acceptable or ok.

    But I guess we shld not spend too much effort is trying to save those that refused to be saved! Rather, spend time and money on saving the kitties!

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by jeff chen
    But I guess we shld not spend too much effort is trying to save those that refused to be saved! Rather, spend time and money on saving the kitties!
    yalor

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Originally posted by jeff chen
    Lav, what to do? He probably won't listen to anyone, not even his parents, so no point "educating" him...but it is sad for some others to approve of his innovativeness...just gives him a false impression that it is "right" to do such things.

    I just hope that this boy will eventually grow up...sigh
    Wadda think?

    Obviously NS hasn't do much good for this fella. Forget it. The country has wasted their resources on this 1 soldier....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •