View Poll Results: How do you shoot?

Voters
428. You may not vote on this poll
  • With my RIGHT eye

197 46.03%
  • With my LEFT eye

214 50.00%
  • Others (Please explain! eg shoot & review)

17 3.97%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Do you shoot with your left or right eye?

Default Re: Do you shoot with your left or right eye?

Hi,

As for me im a right hander, left master eye cause my right eye is long sighted. (i don't wear glasses or contact)
    Quite comfortable as my cheek/nose resting against thumb/palm area space away from LCD which reduce stain...ha ha!
    As my right eye is block by my right hand, i don' have to close my right eye straining it which shake the cam. breathing is not obstructed, thank God!!

I was right eyed until end of 2008 when I had some problem with the right eye for a few months and started to shoot with the left. Now it's second nature. When I pick up the camera it always goes to the left.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

i have been very reliant on my right eye.. to the extend i can feel strain if i use computer/gaming/shooting for too long...
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    in the army, I aimed with my right eye.

during labs, I looked through the microscope with my right eye *monocule version*

looking through periscopes/telescopes, I use my right eye *monocule version*

but I aim through my dSLR with my left eye *shrugs*
    Me too. I don't know why !!!
    1D Mark IV + 200 f2.0L IS + 300 f4.0L IS + 400 f5.6L
    5D Mark II + 14L + 35L + 85L + 135L

I've a right master eye, but I shoot with my left.

Don't know why, but it seems natural to me especially when my left hand is in front holding the lens

Right eye to shoot photo

Right leg to kick soccer

But .. left hand to shoot and write
    Canon User Since SLR 888
    Owner of 5D mark III

Quote Originally Posted by daniel0ng View Post
    I've a right master eye, but I shoot with my left.

Don't know why, but it seems natural to me especially when my left hand is in front holding the lens
    Quote Originally Posted by vikhoa View Post
    Me too. I don't know why !!!
    Hehe, thats right, didn't occur to me until I went back for range and had a hard time adjusting my right eye for aiming.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

I'm a natural left-hander but got it corrected to right when I was a toddler. However it still feels as if my left hand is stronger than my right hand. My master eye is my left eye, and it is less myopic / astigmatic than my right eye.

In the army I shot my M16 with my right hand / right eye, mainly because I had my doubts if my left hand would feel 'natural' as the trigger hand. Also the deflector that they used for left-handers looked rather dubious. =) I heard that they've corrected that and made the SAR-21 ambidextrous (although I've also heard ominously that the armour plating to protect the shooter in a chamber explosion is meant to protect right-handers only - not sure if it's true or not). Still I've never managed to get anything better than a pass during my ranges because everything looks blurred with my right eye (especially the night shoots).

As for shooting a camera, I've come to a happy compromise of using right-hand (not much choice in there) and left-eye.
    Last edited by zetsubou-san; 26th January 2009 at 02:53 PM.

i am using my left eye. i would then need not have to squint my right eye as the sight of view is somewhat blocked by the camera body (in a way the brain has been accustomed to ignore what the right eye sees, which helped a bit along the way)

Bump to keep this old thread alive.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
    I'm a natural left-hander but got it corrected to right when I was a toddler. However it still feels as if my left hand is stronger than my right hand. My master eye is my left eye, and it is less myopic / astigmatic than my right eye.

In the army I shot my M16 with my right hand / right eye, mainly because I had my doubts if my left hand would feel 'natural' as the trigger hand. Also the deflector that they used for left-handers looked rather dubious. =) I heard that they've corrected that and made the SAR-21 ambidextrous (although I've also heard ominously that the armour plating to protect the shooter in a chamber explosion is meant to protect right-handers only - not sure if it's true or not). Still I've never managed to get anything better than a pass during my ranges because everything looks blurred with my right eye (especially the night shoots).

As for shooting a camera, I've come to a happy compromise of using right-hand (not much choice in there) and left-eye.
    Is it possible to shoot with right-hand and left eye? like uncomfortable nevermind? Sorry, going army soon and my right eye is slightly myopic(like 50-75 degree) while my left is perfect.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567