Thread: Color Calibration for DSLR

Default Color Calibration for DSLR

Hi, anyone knows how I could calibrate the colors of a DSLR to match what I see in my (calibrated) monitor?

Default Re: Color Calibration for DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by ptyap View Post
    Hi, anyone knows how I could calibrate the colors of a DSLR to match what I see in my (calibrated) monitor?
    You mean to calibrate your monitor to look like the LCD on the DSLR? No you can't.... Unless you are using a Leaf Aptus digital camera back.
    Last edited by photobum; 1st February 2008 at 07:30 AM.

No, I mean calibrating the DSLR (via ACR) so that what I see on my monitor matches that of the captured scene. Lee Varis has some discussions about this in his book "Skin" but I don't quite get it.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    You mean to calibrate your monitor to look like the LCD on the DSLR? No you can't.... Unless you are using a Leaf Aptus digital camera back.

You can do that with the latest version of ArcCalibrator for ACR 4.2 and 4.3.1 which you can download from:
    http://www.fors.net/chromoholics/downloads/index.php

You would need the GretagMacbeth ColorChecker or something equivalent to carry out the calibration as well.

Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    You can do that with the latest version of ArcCalibrator for ACR 4.2 and 4.3.1 which you can download from:
    http://www.fors.net/chromoholics/downloads/index.php

You would need the GretagMacbeth ColorChecker or something equivalent to carry out the calibration as well.

another option is the product called ColorEyes Camera, which uses many more colour patches to create profiles... of course, it is pretty expensive and can only work with RAW converters that accept custom profiles (like PhaseOne Capture One but not Photoshop or Lightroom), but it is arguably more accurate in its profiling as more colour patches are used... YMMV