Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Asus EEE PC

Default Re: Asus EEE PC

I just noticed that notebookreview reports that the eeePC's LEDs are for power (green, flashes on standby), battery (red on low battery, orange on AC power), disk access (blue), and Wi-Fi (aqua), in that order.

But my set's disk access LED is in green, same as the power LED. What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by taekimon View Post
    I just noticed that notebookreview reports that the eeePC's LEDs are for power (green, flashes on standby), battery (red on low battery, orange on AC power), disk access (blue), and Wi-Fi (aqua), in that order.

But my set's disk access LED is in green, same as the power LED. What's yours?
    From left to right (rightmost is WiFi LED): green red green blue

Also, if anybody's having issues with "insufficient permissions" to even read plugged in USB drives, thumbdrives, or SD cards, you may need to create a '/media' folder, and give it complete read,write access for everyone (chmod 777 /media). This antagonised me a fair bit, and for some reason was OK in beginning (could easily plug and play USB drives).

anyone tried to setup paid email account (singtel/starhub/etc..) on the eeepc?
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234