Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asus EEE PC

Default Re: Asus EEE PC

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    really! gosh! i must go and find Lynnette!

for those who installed nlite - can i ask what files do i have to copy over from my winXP home ed to my SD card? is it the INF folder?
    http://www.nliteos.com/guide/part1.html

follow this guide...

you'll need the whole CD copied on your desktop hard drive in the process

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    http://www.nliteos.com/guide/part1.html

follow this guide...

you'll need the whole CD copied on your desktop hard drive in the process
    danke, stratix! i was trying to figure out the guide when they say copy over files...

that will be my CNY project...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger View Post
    wow, you are tempting me, LW
    Well, buy buy buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    "Hot off the virtual pressrooms and into the 1st Jan fire! Asus reportedly is going to preview its second generation of Eee PCs, the computing solution that took the world by storm, beating other initiatives for low-cost computing by more than 350000 units shipped at the end of December 2007.
    Now, just after winding down New Years celebrations, Asus has released a mysterious press release (in Chinese) which mentions that the second generation Eee will come with an 8.9" screen, among other delightful upgrades such as models with embedded XP , and even WiMAX connectivity .......... "

Should i buy now or wait till May 08?
    after looking at SLS today for the com, i was told if upgrade to XP the warranty will be void, do u guys know about this and still carry on.

Look for May new product.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    yea, and getting a cheap 8GB SDHC (I got a trancend one from Memory World, $75) it's more then enough for all that i'll do on this tiny machine.. =)

Yup. I sold the ext hdd and now looking at 16gb SDcard. So my baggage will be lighter by 100gm.
    After all, my photos might not require 16gb of storage. Beside, I still have two 4gb sdcard.
    Think this is a better choice than the ext hdd (additional weight).

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    after looking at SLS today for the com, i was told if upgrade to XP the warranty will be void, do u guys know about this and still carry on.

There is an image on the cd-rom that came with Eee PC. Can always restore it to factory setup.
    Last edited by LifeWorld; 4th February 2008 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post

That's simply not true

As a matter of fact, the eeePC user manual gives detailed instructions as to how windows xp can be installed onto the eeePC. How can warraty be void??

cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa View Post
    That's simply not true

As a matter of fact, the eeePC user manual gives detailed instructions as to how windows xp can be installed onto the eeePC. How can warraty be void??

cocoa
    that wat the most vendor say if we going to purchase it with a XP version, maybe as what Canonised say wait till May
    My Models

IS the screen resolution large enough to do any useful photo editing?

Competition

MSI Readying Diamondville Low-Cost Laptop
    Micro-Star International is working on an ultra-low cost notebook PC based on Intel's Diamondville microprocessor.
    Dan Nystedt, IDG News Service
    Monday, January 28, 2008 8:00 AM PST

Taiwanese laptop computer maker Micro-Star International (MSI) is already hard at work on an ultra-low cost notebook PC based on Intel's Diamondville microprocessor to compete against rival Asustek Computer's Eee PC.

Asustek created the Eee PC laptop to sell in emerging markets such as India. It carries an Intel Celeron processor, weighs less than a kilogram, has a 7-inch LCD (liquid crystal display) and can connect to the Internet wirelessly. The lowest-priced version costs NT$7,999 (US$248).

MSI is working on a similar device for the ultra-low cost notebook market, using an extremely low voltage, low cost microprocessor from Intel called Diamondville. Intel has said it will formally unveil the chip at the Intel Developer Forum in Shanghai this April.

"When Diamondville is ready, our project will be ready," said an MSI executive, speaking on condition of anonymity. He indicated that MSI plans to launch its ultra-low cost notebook in July or August, but declined to offer further details.

Quote 2:

Everex's CloudBook wannabEee: now February 15th

Everex's site has been updated with a new CloudBook ship date. The little 9-inch, Via-based laptop with 7-inch display, 30GB disk, and 5-hours battery is now expected to pop with a gOS Rocket on Walmart.com and ZaReason.com February 15th. A day earlier would have required a pink version which nobody wants... at least not yet.

Everex Website:

Think CloudBook
    Experience the Ultimate in Mobility

9 Inches, 2 pounds, 5 hours of battery life. Surf, email, blog, IM, Skype, compute. Cloud computing makes it simple and easy for everyone.

Based on the latest gOS Rocket operating system, the ultra-mobile Everex PC comes with popular applications from Google, Mozilla, Skype, OpenOffice.org and more.

Find your $399 CloudBook at Walmart.com and ZaReason.com beginning 2/15/08.

Additional Preinstalled and Linked Software
    Mozilla Firefox, gMail, Meebo, Skype, Wikipedia, GIMP, Blogger, YouTube, Xing Movie Player, RythemBox, Faqly, Facebook and OpenOffice.org 2.3 (includes WRITER, IMPRESS, DRAW, CALC, BASE)

Hardware Specifications
    1.2GHz, VIA C7®-M Processor ULV, 512MB DDR2 533MHz, SDRAM, 30GB Hard Disk Drive, 7" WVGA TFT Display (800 x 480), VIA UniChrome Pro IGP Graphics, VIA High-Definition Audio, 802.11b/g, (1) 10/100 Ethernet Port, (1) DVI-I Port, (2) USB 2.0 Ports, (1) 4-in1 Media Card Reader, (1) .3MP Webcam, (1) Headphone/Line-Out Port, (1) Microphone/Line-In Port, (1) Set of Stereo Speaker, (1) Touchpad, (1) 4-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery

hmmm USS$248 ~S$380 and US$399 ~hey S$598! maybe nothing new, but once more, hmmm.

Cloudbook = EasyNote XS = Nanobook

If the Cloudbook makes it into Singapore, PB will no longer have business. They're selling the EasyNote XS at $1300.

Here are the specifications:
    Nanobook: http://www.umpcportal.com/products/product.php?id=114
    Cloudbook:
    http://www.umpcportal.com/products/product.php?id=167
    EasyNote XS:
    http://www.umpcportal.com/products/product.php?id=122

The only difference is that the EasyNote XS comes with 1GB of RAM.

Quote from Engadget "Eee PC killer coming from Acer?"

Is Acer prepping to go head-to-head with ASUS in the surprisingly hot low-cost laptop market? A Chinese-language Commercial Times report says so. The laptops are expected to carry 8- and 9-inch displays when launched "late in the first quarter or early second quarter" and priced to compete directly with the Eee. Of course, ASUS is planning their own refresh about that time so Acer (and Everex) had better keep on its toes.

omg... wait or buy now?

Only 3 hour bat life...

EasyNote XS20-009 from Packard Bell i saw in some shop is this good?
    http://www.packardbell-asia.com/prod...31SI-1323.html
    My Models

I like its small size though its design not exactly pretty. I saw it the other day at one of the shops.

A nifty little gadget that'll fit well with my need for a portable on-site photo storage, viewer, and for surfing web and editing/reading documents on the go. Managed to get to recognise my FAT32-formatted 2.5" USB HDD so space may not be a problem for storage but I'll probably get a SDHC card as the HDD is not the fastest nor most energy-usage-friendly device to run programs off frequently... LCD is acceptable for viewing photos. Too bad can't colour-calibrate it.

Is the black one available locally?

Quote Originally Posted by lazyeyedpsycho View Post
    Is the black one available locally?
    My 4G is black... just got it today from Best Price Computers SLS... S$585 cash term.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtune View Post
    My 4G is black... just got it today from Best Price Computers SLS... S$585 cash term.

do u know the price for 8G version?

Quote Originally Posted by cjtune View Post
    Gosh.. the temptation~!

Quote Originally Posted by gohaj View Post
    do u know the price for 8G version?
    Sorry, I don´t know. Was asking if they were in stock already, but apparently still not yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast