Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ClubSNAP Photographer of the Year 2008 Competition

Blog Entries

Default Re: ClubSNAP Photographer of the Year 2008 Competition

Please take note that the 1st Place winner for each bi-monthly theme will receive a Nikon COOLPIX S51c camera.

This is what you will get if you will this bi-monthly competition. (Apart from the grand prize if you continue to participate in every of the themes throughout the year)

Here's a description of the prize:

The COOLPIX S51c teams 8.1 effective megapixels of sharp resolution with a new high-performance digital image processing engine and the precision optics of the built-in “right-angle” optical lens shift VR (Vibration Reduction) 3x Zoom-NIKKOR lens to produce photos with clarity and true-to-life color. Extended light sensitivity as high as ISO 1600 prevents blurred shots when shooting in lower light, or when capturing fast-moving subjects.

Built-in Wi-Fi support brings Internet connectivity to the COOLPIX S51C for even greater fun and freedom. Upload shots directly from the camera to Nikon's my Picturetown server for anytime access using Nikon's Picture Bank function, upload them directly to a blog, or use Picture Mail to trigger an email notification to friends anywhere when new pictures are available to view and download.

Must you participate in *every* theme to qualify for the grand prize?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Must you participate in *every* theme to qualify for the grand prize?
    Not necessary. At the end of the whole series the total points scored will be used to determine the grand winners.

Having said that, members who participated in more series will choked up more points will have a higher chance of winning the grand prizes.

The organiser announce something like "3 weeks to go." Its so confusing ??
    Why don't the organisation just simply indicate the "last date," and it should be clear to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh angle View Post
    The organiser announce something like "3 weeks to go." Its so confusing ??
    Why don't the organisation just simply indicate the "last date," and it should be clear to everyone.
    pls read post #2

Blog Entries

Default Re: Theme 1 : Festivities

It is written loud and clear here in the 2nd post, it is obvious that you (fresh angle) did not read this thread at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    The first bi-monthly theme for the photography competition will be Festivities.

Deadline for submission for entries will be 16th March 2008
    (based on timestamp on Gallery server).

Entries are to be uploaded to the following section on the Gallery server

Theme 1 : Festivities Competition Gallery (click to view)

Remember to login before uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    It is written loud and clear here in the 2nd post, it is obvious that you (fresh angle) did not read this thread at all.
    Apologies, miss the #2.

BTW, the first 3 prizes have an indication "or equivalent". Hmmmm, the sponsor appears undecisive.

Apologies, miss the #2.

BTW, the first 3 prizes have an indication "or equivalent". Hmmmm, the sponsor appears undecisive.
    if by end of the year a D60 is the equivalent to the current D40x...would u prefer them to give u a D40x or D60 if u win...

first u dun read instructions clearly and now...it seems like you have not decided on wanting to take part or not too...rather indecisive too...from the qualities i see from this 2 posts of yours...i think its best u sit on it and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    if by end of the year a D60 is the equivalent to the current D40x...would u prefer them to give u a D40x or D60 if u win...

first u dun read instructions clearly and now...it seems like you have not decided on wanting to take part or not too...rather indecisive too...from the qualities i see from this 2 posts of yours...i think its best u sit on it and do nothing.
    oH YEAH, I stepped on your tail, didn't I. So you think sponsor will auto upgrade the prize? You may have some wishful thinking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Yes this is the case. That is why it is deliberately worded in this manner, to allow the flexibility for upgrade to newer model.

oH YEAH, I stepped on your tail, didn't I. So you think sponsor will auto upgrade the prize? You may have some wishful thinking.
    No it is not wishful thinking.

Now in both your post your tone was both condescending and negative towards the organiser. Please observe the forum rule #1 let this be a warning to you. Thank You

Yes this is the case. That is why it is deliberately worded in this manner, to allow the flexibility for upgrade to newer model.

No it is not wishful thinking.

Now in both your post your tone was both condescending and negative towards the organiser. Please observe the forum rule #1 let this be a warning to you. Thank You
    Dear Mr. Chng,

I didn't knew I have went overboard with my remarks. On hindsight, it really did. My sincere apologies to you and the organisation.

Guys, I just try to upload my photo for this competition with size around 450KB, but it wont go through as my image is exceeding the max size, howz that ??
    or I just submit the 200KB image?
    thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by lukluk View Post
    Guys, I just try to upload my photo for this competition with size around 450KB, but it wont go through as my image is exceeding the max size, howz that ??
    or I just submit the 200KB image?
    thanks,
    For this first round this will be 200kb. Will check with admin to see the possibility of increasing the size for he subsequent rounds.
    guess that answers ur qn?
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

Blog Entries

Dear Mr. Chng,

I didn't knew I have went overboard with my remarks. On hindsight, it really did. My sincere apologies to you and the organisation.
    No worries, it take moral courage to admit one's mistake openly and I respect you for that.

Cheers

Uhm... I got 2 questions:

1. With regards to the EXIF, how is a film entry to go about this? Probably only the scan date can be gotten, which is not be an accurate representation of when the photo was actually taken anyway.

2. And also.. I hate to be an ass since I figure Nikon SG and Clubsnap are actually above doing silly things like using photos without crediting, but I'd just like to enquire on the wording of the para below

The Organizer and Sponsor
    The Sole Sponsor (Nikon Singapore) and Organizer (ClubSNAP) reserve the non-exclusive right, for a limited period ending 31st December 2009, to publish, reproduce, display, distribute and show on screen, any winning image on associated websites, photo exhibitions, tradeshows, prints or any other media which is under the management of the sponsor and organizer. In all cases where such images are used, the sponsor and organizer reserve the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner, and without offering any further compensation of any form. However, where any image is reproduced in print, the photographer will be credited.
    Shouldn't it read "However, where any image is reproduced, the photographer will be credited" ? The preceding portion gives rise to the notion that there is a possibility of images that are reproduced in a form other than print, not being credited. I know it's all english and probably legal mambo-jambo which I cannot come close to claiming any mastery over either, but please do correct me if I am wrong here

PS: Come on everyone and participate! Just under 3 weeks to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Uhm... I got 2 questions:

1. With regards to the EXIF, how is a film entry to go about this? Probably only the scan date can be gotten, which is not be an accurate representation of when the photo was actually taken anyway.

2. And also.. I hate to be an ass since I figure Nikon SG and Clubsnap are actually above doing silly things like using photos without crediting, but I'd just like to enquire on the wording of the para below

Shouldn't it read "However, where any image is reproduced, the photographer will be credited" ? The preceding portion gives rise to the notion that there is a possibility of images that are reproduced in a form other than print, not being credited. I know it's all english and probably legal mambo-jambo which I cannot come close to claiming any mastery over either, but please do correct me if I am wrong here

PS: Come on everyone and participate! Just under 3 weeks to go!
    hmm.. i tink they mean what they state.
    means, if they use ur photo online, on webpages, display on digital screens, etc.. photog need not be credited. however, if they appear on a hardcopy, like magazines, newspapers, letters, flyers, etc, photog will be credited.
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    The first bi-monthly theme for the photography competition will be Festivities.

Deadline for submission for entries will be 16th March 2008
    (based on timestamp on Gallery server).

Entries are to be uploaded to the following section on the Gallery server

Theme 1 : Festivities Competition Gallery (click to view)

Remember to login before uploading.
    Take note of the closing date 2.5 more weeks to go

Hi there, we cant vote the photos in the gallery right?

Fragnatic: Thanks. But let's see the official word from the organisers.

PE: Uhm... no clarification with regards to my qns?

knpan: Uh.. this is not a judge by popular vote contest... so why are you asking about voting?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Fragnatic: Thanks. But let's see the official word from the organisers.

PE: Uhm... no clarification with regards to my qns?

knpan: Uh.. this is not a judge by popular vote contest... so why are you asking about voting?
    <1. With regards to the EXIF, how is a film entry to go about this? Probably only the scan date can be gotten, which is not be an accurate representation of when the photo was actually taken anyway.>
    Contestants need to state the details and we take their words, unless there are compelling or strong reasons to suspect the accuracy of the information.

<2. And also.. Shouldn't it read "However, where any image is reproduced, the photographer will be credited" ? The preceding portion gives rise to the notion that there is a possibility of images that are reproduced in a form other than print, not being credited. I know it's all english and probably legal mambo-jambo which I cannot come close to claiming any mastery over either, but please do correct me if I am wrong here >
    Prints include electronic prints

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast