Thread: Question on C730

Question Question on C730

Hi guys

My friend just bought a c730 last week. He is currently having some problems with his macro shots. There seems to be some "dark patches" at the lower left hand corner of his image.

He is pretty sure that none of his fingers is covering the lens or the flash. btw, He shoots at the wide angle with flash.

Sorry, I'm still trying to find a place to upload the pictures.

In the meantime, would appreciate any comments.

thanks in advance.

regards
    fox

Don't worry, there is nothing unusual about it. Its just a shadow casted by your lens adapter.

Only ways to prevent this is to remove the lens adapter when taking those shots or use an external flash.

Originally posted by Acieed
    Don't worry, there is nothing unusual about it. Its just a shadow casted by your lens adapter.

Only ways to prevent this is to remove the lens adapter when taking those shots or use an external flash.
    Thanks Acieed for the reply. My friend did not include any external adapter when he took those shots. Does that mean that it is not possible to shoot macro using flash? Because his super macro shots, without flash does not show the dark patches.

regards
    fox

Originally posted by Foxtrot
    Thanks Acieed for the reply. My friend did not include any external adapter when he took those shots. Does that mean that it is not possible to shoot macro using flash? Because his super macro shots, without flash does not show the dark patches.
    In that case, I would suggest getting an external flash.

Default Flashlight casts shadow over object

I had experience the same problem with C730. The reason why is because the flashlight(top-left hand of dc) casts shadow of the extended lens barrel over the object. Try to adjust the flash to be parallel to the closeup object or turn it off....use other source of light if possible.

I did that successfully after some practise...

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=921153

Thanks Acieed & nosaj for your reply. Will let my friend know.

regards
    fox