Thread: Problem with NEXTO OTG

Default Problem with NEXTO OTG

just returned from a shooting field trip and realised my portable harddisk NEXTO OTG is on and spinning when removed from the bag. Kept showing capacity check but problem is I cant cancel by depressing the button.

Last time this happened the capacity check recovered by itself in 5 mins but this time round, the HD have been spinning for more than 2 hrs and still showing capacity check.

Anyway to rescue it froom this limbo state? thought of dismantling the entire case to reset but not sure if sudden batt removal can kill the HD in the process or reduce it's shelf life.

any idea?

thanks

Default Re: Problem with NEXTO OTG

Hi Jeff

I had one similar experience.
    It happened as a result of me inserting an SD card ( with a USB adapter ) that happened to have write protection on ( and it hanged unable to move the data to the harddisk )
    In an attempt to not wait for the battery to run out ( since it is known for the long batt life .. )

I dismantled it and the harddisk shut down. It eventually repowered with no loss of any data
    But i would never want to get into that situation again

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Hi Jeff

I had one similar experience.
    It happened as a result of me inserting an SD card ( with a USB adapter ) that happened to have write protection on ( and it hanged unable to move the data to the harddisk )
    In an attempt to not wait for the battery to run out ( since it is known for the long batt life .. )

I dismantled it and the harddisk shut down. It eventually repowered with no loss of any data
    But i would never want to get into that situation again

Ryan
    thks it self recovered 1/2hr ago next time i will learn to turn it off!

omg, hw old is ur hdd inside?
    i am also usin the same ext hdd
    guess it is time to change

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    omg, hw old is ur hdd inside?
    i am also usin the same ext hdd
    guess it is time to change
    ~2yrs i think. think i was quite rough with the disk thus it always complain.