Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Stupid and baseless remark, stop posting your childish rubbish.
    Oh. You know, you sound exactly like LKY at times.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    Oh. You know, you sound exactly like LKY at times.
    and you sound like CSJ.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Ah I think I know the reason why no foreinger rule. Gahmen is experimenting with rules to protect singaporean from the onslaught of foreign talents. In this case specifically on foreign complaint-choir singers. Seems like the public dont like it hor, OK then we keep the market open. :P

  4. #24

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Having a sense of humour and being able to laugh about things is one thing, here, the lyrics are just plain not funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    I watched a bit and dun find the singing any iinteresting.
    The lyrics of the song are not really meant to be funny or interesting. It's basically for Singaporeans to sit up, look and reflect at reality of life we are living here and hopefully, if possible improve it.

    The audio and sound quality might not be as good as some of the other countries complaint choirs not because of the singing but more for the reason that there weren't use of much professional equipment as other countries had and also there is also feedback(echo)experienced.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    ...
    The audio and sound quality might not be as good as some of the other countries complaint choirs not because of the singing but more for the reason that there weren't use of much professional equipment as other countries had and also there is also feedback(echo)experienced.
    Just some technical OT,

    The sound is probably not good because of location where the sound is recorded at, and failure to use the right mic for the right application. Also, on youtube, most sound is compressed (from an already compressed format when it is uploaded), hence a major loss in quality and definition.

    Also, feedback and echo are different. Feedback is also known as signal loop, and echo is, well, echo. Do note that feedback can occur as a result of echo as well, if a mic input's gain is set too high, and it picks up the echo, which would count as a signal loop.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Just some technical OT,

    The sound is probably not good because of location where the sound is recorded at, and failure to use the right mic for the right application. Also, on youtube, most sound is compressed (from an already compressed format when it is uploaded), hence a major loss in quality and definition.

    Also, feedback and echo are different. Feedback is also known as signal loop, and echo is, well, echo. Do note that feedback can occur as a result of echo as well, if a mic input's gain is set too high, and it picks up the echo, which would count as a signal loop.
    Need a Sennheiser MD431 MkII? heheh...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  7. #27

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    The lyrics of the song are not really meant to be funny or interesting. It's basically for Singaporeans to sit up, look and reflect at reality of life we are living here and hopefully, if possible improve it.
    You must be delueded to think that crap like this will lead people to change for the better. I reckon people will be more likely to get turned off listening to junk like this.

    If you are old enough to remember the courtesy campaign, the one that had the smiley face and came along with the somg "courtesy is for free, courtesy is for you and me . . . . " and everybody was kinda like brainwashed at school with skits, songs, video clips etc etc. The message was about being positive, and people respond differently to positive thoughts, they are more likely to be receptive.

    This rubbish you posted is nothing but junk.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    The lyrics of the song are not really meant to be funny or interesting. It's basically for Singaporeans to sit up, look and reflect at reality of life we are living here and hopefully, if possible improve it.

    The audio and sound quality might not be as good as some of the other countries complaint choirs not because of the singing but more for the reason that there weren't use of much professional equipment as other countries had and also there is also feedback(echo)experienced.
    thanks for taking the effort to post it..

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    You must be delueded to think that crap like this will lead people to change for the better. I reckon people will be more likely to get turned off listening to junk like this.

    If you are old enough to remember the courtesy campaign, the one that had the smiley face and came along with the somg "courtesy is for free, courtesy is for you and me . . . . " and everybody was kinda like brainwashed at school with skits, songs, video clips etc etc. The message was about being positive, and people respond differently to positive thoughts, they are more likely to be receptive.

    This rubbish you posted is nothing but junk.
    so in order to improve for the better, there has to be a brainswashing campaign with songs and skits in the schools. but which dept will approve of something like that even if it can improve singapore. hmmm what a paradox.

  10. #30
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    You must be delueded to think that crap like this will lead people to change for the better. I reckon people will be more likely to get turned off listening to junk like this.

    If you are old enough to remember the courtesy campaign, the one that had the smiley face and came along with the somg "courtesy is for free, courtesy is for you and me . . . . " and everybody was kinda like brainwashed at school with skits, songs, video clips etc etc. The message was about being positive, and people respond differently to positive thoughts, they are more likely to be receptive.

    This rubbish you posted is nothing but junk.
    name calling is not good, cease and desist

    refer to the posting guidelines

    1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

    warning given

  11. #31
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

    and this has gone on long enough and cannot lead to anything good
    thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •