Thread: Storage and Maintenance of DSLR

Default Storage and Maintenance of DSLR

hi pple

i understand that the camera needs to be stored properly ..care to share wat kind of dry cabinet u recken...

and for maintenance i understand u need the blower right...
    then i heard need to clean the sensor too huh .

anyway how are things needs to be done for maintenance...

Default Re: Storage and Maintenance of DSLR

To prevent fungus, better to invest in a proper dry cabinet. You can check out Carrefour. The choices and pricing is pretty good. Blower is not very expensive. About $10-20 you can get a very decent one. Try shops like CP, AP, MSC and the usual hunts for one. For sensor wise, there are swaps in the market but I have not used any before. I prefer to send them to the service centre for the cleaning. Afterall Sony only charge me a norminal fee for this.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Default Re: Storage and Maintenance of DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    To prevent fungus, better to invest in a proper dry cabinet. You can check out Carrefour. The choices and pricing is pretty good. Blower is not very expensive. About $10-20 you can get a very decent one. Try shops like CP, AP, MSC and the usual hunts for one. For sensor wise, there are swaps in the market but I have not used any before. I prefer to send them to the service centre for the cleaning. Afterall Sony only charge me a norminal fee for this.
    Ok...wat about ...for Canon.... can anyone explain ..for Canon ...and Nikon too...

Default How do you maintain your DSLR

Hi just wondering ...how each of you guys do maintenance on your dslr... cos dslr is an expensive hobby...so for an entry level person like me ..i would like to know this expect which i believe many never put their focus on. Hope you guys can advice me thanks.

This are some of the concerns.

1) Care to share how you store your camera?
    2) What dry cabinet you using and how much you bought?
    3) What blower you using & how much it cost?
    4) How often you clean it?
    5) Is dry box simliar to dry cabinet? If different what's the difference?
    6) For the lens...how you go about cleaning it?
    7) For serving of dslr...roughly what are the prices.... for Canon, Nikon, Sony and etc.
    8) What are the common problems that you face with your camera? tat maintenance can be done to avoid that pitfall.

Best if you guys have sites to show me .... i also concern on the maintenance of DSLR cos it is pretty ex. so i think maintainace is equally important.

Thanks

Default Re: How do you maintain your DSLR

Please use single instead of multiple threads to discuss same topic, thanks. Thread merged.