Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ERP rates to go up by S$0.50 at certain gantries from Feb 4

Default Re: ERP rates to go up by S$0.50 at certain gantries from Feb 4

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    1)Singapore has the perfect instrument to reduce overall congestion through the COE. The implementation had been smooth and successful, and the people had accepted it.
    No. The COE is not the perfect instrument. If you count the number of km of roads and the number of cars we have, we can easily sustain good traffic condition PROVIDED THE CARS ARE EQUALLY DISTRIBUTED ALL OVER THE ROADS. By raising COE to curb traffic controls so that certain areas are not congested, you are depriving the lot who don't frequent these congested areas.
    If I stay in Choa Chu Kang and work in Tuas, and the COE is raised so that people using CTE/PIE/ERP won't get congestion, it isn't really fair to me.

It's entertaining seeing the posts in here. shoot here shoot there. I shoot you. You shoot me.

PRACTICALLY there is nil effect on the ERP execution plan - Life still goes on as yesterday (no one goes on strike with banners or protesting around in nude).

Since the points here do not reach the decision maker impacting his/her action? (for better or worst) So at end of this session just don't allow whatever relationship you may have in here worn out by the works of outsiders. We're still a family in clubsnap where photography is number 1. YEAH...
    :blah: D80, Sigma 18-50/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8 (HSM).

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    No. The COE is not the perfect instrument. If you count the number of km of roads and the number of cars we have, we can easily sustain good traffic condition PROVIDED THE CARS ARE EQUALLY DISTRIBUTED ALL OVER THE ROADS. By raising COE to curb traffic controls so that certain areas are not congested, you are depriving the lot who don't frequent these congested areas.
    If I stay in Choa Chu Kang and work in Tuas, and the COE is raised so that people using CTE/PIE/ERP won't get congestion, it isn't really fair to me.
    This is true!

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post

Just now watched future cars. If in the future, most cars don't pollute any more, will the ERP gantry be pull down around those HDB area? Cause the reason of setting up now is air pollution and if future cars don't pollute anymore, what will the reason of having those gantry there?

I recieved an email abt few ERP along a stretch of road and seem to be true in the future. We just need to pay more in the future, that's what I know.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Just now watched future cars. If in the future, most cars don't pollute any more, will the ERP gantry be pull down around those HDB area? Cause the reason of setting up now is air pollution and if future cars don't pollute anymore, what will the reason of having those gantry there?

I recieved an email abt few ERP along a stretch of road and seem to be true in the future. We just need to pay more in the future, that's what I know.

ERP & pollution?

Was pollution given as the main reason for ERP? I thought it was to regulate traffic flow.
    새해 복 많이 받으세요 :lovegrin:

I always joke to friends that every day, the CE of LTA will be watching the sky cam during peak hour and smiling. The money just keep on rolling in like jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    ERP & pollution?

Was pollution given as the main reason for ERP? I thought it was to regulate traffic flow.
    One of the reason given was that air pollution is bad at Toa Payoh, that's why ERP needed!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    they might as well put up gantries on every entrance/exit of parking lots and on the gates of every landed homes.
    That might just come true. Last I heard, the gahmen is planning to implement a GPS-based pay as you use scheme.

So the moment you drive out of your HDB/condo/semi-D/bunglow, *beep*, you pay.
    Last edited by Gunbucker; 20th February 2008 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    One of the reason given was that air pollution is bad at Toa Payoh, that's why ERP needed!
    Very True: exhaust fumes rises VERTICALLY up INTO the sky and will not spread to other areas by winds/moving Air (not even Tornado).
    :blah: D80, Sigma 18-50/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8 (HSM).

wahh... Still on this topic after so many rounds.

An increase of S$0.50 can solve congestion problem?
    By all means, I am willing to pay $1 for that to happen. Hahahaha.

Sell da car.

By 2010, expect to pay even M.O.A.R~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12