Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eyeing at new Digital Cameras

Heard that Nikon 5700 is battery hungry .. ?? Is that true?? Should I wait for Nikon 5400 ?

Originally posted by majere2sg
    How about fuji S602Z or Sony F717 ?
    Or put in a bit more for Nikon 5700

Originally posted by cwongsm
    Heard that Nikon 5700 is battery hungry .. ?? Is that true?? Should I wait for Nikon 5400 ?
    Yeah the review did said that the battery life for it is average.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

I assume that you have the following points in mind:

- don't mind a slightly bulky camera
    - want more zoom
    - want to use CF as storage
    - budget of $1000-$1500
    - want good picture quality (who doesn't? hehe)
    - good battery life

With the above, I think s602z suits you pretty well. Only at $1000+ now and gives u all the above. Yes, it may be a relatively old model, but it is very capable.

Or else, you can consider the Minolta 7Hi. It may be slightly over your budget so maybe a 2nd hand one.

And or else, wait for the c740uz or c750uz. Gives u whopping 10x zoom on a small body. My old c700uz used to give me noise and CA problems, but now with the new ED lens and different CCD, these problems may not surface anymore. Images are sharp and colour rendition is natural.

Lastly, Nikon CP5700 or CP5400. Seriously, I think the CP5400 looks tempting. Nice form factor with very useful zoom range. Trust me you won't use 10x very much unless u visit the zoo often. One issue is battery life, it uses EN-EL1 battery, so far no review to indicate how long CP5400 can survive on that battery.

Hey majere2sg,

Just viewed your Zoo Photos. U know what ? I was there on 17th to take photos also ... but with my low end Nikon Coolpix 775 ...

Take a look at this pic ... one of the better ones ...

[IMG]D:\Personal\Pictures\Family\Zoo\DSCN2245.JPG[/IMG]

... Anyone know if I can post a Pictures within the message here when I reply ?!?!

Blue ah ... first timer mah

WOW WOW WOW .. Tweek !! U HAVE GREAT PICTURES !!! Makes me speechless indeed !!

... Anyone know if I can post a Pictures within the message here when I reply ?!?!

Blue ah ... first timer mah
    Upload to a website and post the link here ?

Hi Hi ...

My father has a Film SLR Nikon F401S with Nikon AF Nikkor 35-70mm 1:3.3 - 4.5 Lens

Which Digital Camera SLR Body can fit in this Lens ?? So that I can save a bit ?!

Seriously - Anxiouly - waiting for thoughts !!

Thanks a lot !

Anybody knows the performance for G3 (now it's having a promotion @ 1299 comes with a Wideangle lens and adapter)??

Or shall I wait for CP5400 ??

Anybody knows the performance for G3 (now it's having a promotion @ 1299 comes with a Wideangle lens and adapter)??

Or shall I wait for CP5400 ??
    Maybe you might like to go to
    http://www.dpreview.com

click on reviews and find Canon G3 and take a look at the review first ?

I've looked at the review, seems like it's a pretty good camera However, the sample pictures does not show much different from my Nikon 775 ... Why ? Or May be I don't know how to differentiate ?!?!

Deregistered

CP775, 2mp and all, so long as you are happy with the pix, no need to upgrade what. I was using cp950 before. Didn't see need to upgrade... until it's batt compartment got banged out of shape.
    As I've posted in the other thread...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=14701
    I'm happy with what I have. I guess so can you... and save all that $$$

of course if must spend.... then maybe can buy all of us at SEED big buffet dinner bash at Merchant Court or Plaza Cafe...

Love my Nikon 775 ... but need to give it to my sis who is stationed in Us. so am going to look for a more Advance one ..

Anyway, I guess I am still going to buy a nikon since I know most of the functions.

Yesterday, tested out 2 lens from my friend - Fisheye and Tele Converter ... NOT GOOD RESULTS ! Sign ...

Camera too small and the lens actually blocking the lens ... hee hee ... so I guess need an external FLASH for it ...

SO .. in the end decided to buy a better camera instead ...

Anyone selling their old DSLR ?? Nikon is preferred.

Please quote me your price. Thanks

from a 1k budget and small form factor to a DSLR now?

Anyone selling their old DSLR ?? Nikon is preferred.

Please quote me your price. Thanks
    The oldest *Nikon* DSLR would probably be the D1, and I doubt you can get it for under $3k (could very well be wrong) ... it's just built differently to the current crop of "consumer" DSLRs

For your $1.5k budget, I'd advise looking at a used Fuji S1Pro ... that takes Nikon lenses and you can nick them from your dad. And don't pan the "old" technology or "horrible" Nikon F60 body it's based on, the results are amazing. However, check it carefully before you buy, again because of it's build.

However (and it's a big however), as you're used to a Nikon 775, it may be a good idea to stay with that form factor. You're comfortable with it, and more importantly, are used to taking it around ... an SLR-sized model may make you end up leaving it at home a lot. Why not go even smaller, for more portability ?

And don't spend too much ... Moore's law is firmly entrenched here ... cheaper prices with better features by the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12