Thread: Help! I have been robbed!

Default Help! I have been robbed!

Need some help here

Left a bag of laptop, camera, lenses, PDA, films in the back of my car in the basement of a shopping centre for library. Got back 30 minutes later, car was opened, bag gone Security says not surveillance camera around the carpark.

Need help in disseminating this information that should anyone spot this serial/body number for:

1. Canon EOS 3 (3000450)
    2. Palm Tungsten W (00RHBCD2906W)
    - IMEI 351092500061017

pls inform me.

Don't know what else I could do other than making a police report, which they too cannot do anything.

Really thank you guys so much

Oh dear! Car burglary....

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Would informing 2nd hand shops help as well?

I am sorry to hear that, but which carpark is that... so that we will not park our cars there, and even we park there, with extra cautious of our belongings leaving in the car...

WestMall shopping centre. I was told by their security people that basement 2 and 3 got no CCTV. Imagine my frustration and helplessness when I heard that

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

yes definitely :| help u guys can help me out here... thanks alot!

tts so sad
    i think they often pound on older cars

Hope that the police will be able to catch the culprits and put them behind bars.

now economy is going from bad to worse, people will become more and more desperate. There'll be more such cases coming up, so all car-owners be extra careful with your belongings!

ouch. my sympathy, brudder.

i'll help keep a lookout if that helps even a little. i'll also volunteer to sit on the [censored] who broke into your car, if they catch him.

Post details of your other stuff like the laptop & lenses also so that we can help keep a lookout.

Default hmmmm....

Hit a jackpot????

Well.....I think someone may have been tracking your activities.....

ANyway......try not to leave your Laptop bag.....in the car......
    In the first place.......try not to use a laptop bag......its just an advert for these robbers....

You can try make a police report ......and also get the service centers of these products to record the number...in case they send it in for some reason.....and help to trace.....

Check the local auction sites for these product...incase thay try to sell off....

Its wise to set password sometimes......incase go into such situation.......

regards,
    me

My sympathy.

Maybe you would like to tell us the lens and any "special marking" on the item. Like a scratch or the filter model or a specail camera strap.

Hope you get your stuffs back.

Good luck.

OMG, You could actually request for a Fingerprint detection by the singapore police force. I remember a friend of mine who had his motorcycle(a $24k one) major spare parts stolen and he did a fingerprint detection on his bike....I forgot the proceedure for the request.... probably you could visit the nearest NPP for details?

Or anyone in CS from the force can confirm this?

Lotsa car robbery cases nowadays eh? My colleague left his laptop in the boot, after class his windows was smashed with his laptop gone. The burglar's face was recorded...but they are unable to see the face clearly....so how to track the guy? there's nothing the police could do (no offence to policemen around in here)

whats the use of the surveillance camera then?

btw...he parked at funan.

Hope they catch the person soon...and put him behind bars!!!
    Last edited by Lindy; 26th May 2003 at 04:35 PM.

Agrieved for your loss.

I would like to volunteer mob-lynching services for the culprit. I might come in useful in extracting information (and teeth).

I guess it would be wiser for everyone else to place their valuables in the car-boot instead. It doesn't make a more appetising target when you don't know what's in the car-boot.

Good luck.

its sad to hear ......

take care robert...

hope u b able to get those things back....if not catch the robber...

Originally posted by tsystem
    OMG, You could actually request for a Fingerprint detection by the singapore police force. I remember a friend of mine who had his motorcycle(a $24k one) major spare parts stolen and he did a fingerprint detection on his bike....I forgot the proceedure for the request.... probably you could visit the nearest NPP for details?

Or anyone in CS from the force can confirm this?
    If he had called the police to the scene of the crime, it should have been part of the standard procedure of investigation by the first police officer at the scene if I'm not wrong.

sorry to hear that .....

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

i could help too