Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie here!Got my first dslr!

Default Re: Newbie here!Got my first dslr!

Quote Originally Posted by dorts View Post
    Congrats on your purchase! The E-300 is old, but still lovely to use.

Lenses? The kit lens should be more than enough to start you off. Hopefully, you have the 40-150mm kit lens as well, for telephoto reach.

For landscape, the ZD 11-22mm is a wonderful lens, if you have the budget. Or else, your 14-45mm kit lens will do just fine.

For portraits, the ZD 50mm f/2 Macro is a nice lens, with wonderful bokeh. Yes, macro lens. It's slow, but it's a superb portrait lens. Look around in the Four Thirds forum for pictures.

Enjoy your camera, and start shooting!
    If E-300 is old,what is the E-1?lol,well,i think Dorts have just about explain all,i agree with him that the 2 kit lens are great for beginers

Quote Originally Posted by man415 View Post
    Thanks dorts!

Because yesterday while taking shot at one of the churches in cityhall area, I noticed a small balck shadow like at the edge left topmost area of the image.I removed the lens hood and it's gone.

Thanks for the advice on the CF card.Good thing I inquire first because for the price of 1 g HS CF you can buy a 2 g of regular speed CF.That's true I'm not yet into highspeed shooting that's why I might as well settle for a regular CF card first then buy a highspeed later on.

One more thing is about the storage.I want a storage for my dvd cam as well( which I rarely use ) The dry box at carrefour is a bit small for the 2 equipment.The electronic dry cabinet is a bit high for me. Would an airtight container will do?I have a lot of silica gel in packets (my wife is working in an apparel shop)Will placing it in the air tight with silica gel packets do?
    Thanks!
    I use an air tight container with silica gel,so far,been using it for years,no prob

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    I would suggest that you shoot with the kit lens for the time being & move on from there. For landscape wise, I think the widest for the E-system is the 11-22mm.
    widest would be 7-14mm,but that is super ex,11-22 is more affordable
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

Thanks for the reply spidey89!

E1 If I'm not mistaken came out first than e300 right? but from what I know e1 is the professional series already, compared with the amateur/entry level model of e300.But I liked the e300 performance at the moment.Solid body and feel of it.

So I might as well buy the airtight box at the moment.

Thanks!

Simply the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by man415 View Post
    Thanks for the reply spidey89!

E1 If I'm not mistaken came out first than e300 right? but from what I know e1 is the professional series already, compared with the amateur/entry level model of e300.But I liked the e300 performance at the moment.Solid body and feel of it.

So I might as well buy the airtight box at the moment.

Thanks!

Simply the Best!
    ha ha ha,you're welcome,yup,E-1 came out first,it goes as follow
    E-1>E-300>E-500>E-330>E-400>E-410/E-510>E-3
    I think i didn't miss anyone out,lol,enjoy shooting
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12