Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City Mood~

Default Re: City Mood~

nice series.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Hee~ Thanks Cheesecake~~

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Are we revolving around the same old, monotonus things in our life?

Aim high,
    Aim far,
    something that most of us are taught when we were young,
    But how often to we look beyond all this to see the true beauty of high and far?
    the above made me think of this;

a friend of mine in school can be considered to be quite successful in life, her results are good, she's intelligent, her family is rich, and for a first-year she somehow managed to net a lot more than what a usual first-year in london can do (in terms of internships with ibanking companies). surely a life that most singaporeans would love to live.

when i showed her zemotion's pictures she told me she wished she could create stuff like that, and possibly gain a different sort of satisfaction out of life for once.

but we sidetrack. i really love the lacuna shot, and the treatment done to this series. it is indeed, "all about the feel" when it comes to your shots, my friend.

I like pic 1 and 5

Hehe. I think your words add emotion to the pics. Maybe you should publish a photobook and give it to your friends. Yapster, give one to me if you publish one

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the above made me think of this;

a friend of mine in school can be considered to be quite successful in life, her results are good, she's intelligent, her family is rich, and for a first-year she somehow managed to net a lot more than what a usual first-year in london can do (in terms of internships with ibanking companies). surely a life that most singaporeans would love to live.

when i showed her zemotion's pictures she told me she wished she could create stuff like that, and possibly gain a different sort of satisfaction out of life for once.

but we sidetrack. i really love the lacuna shot, and the treatment done to this series. it is indeed, "all about the feel" when it comes to your shots, my friend.
    Hey bro, sorry for the late reply, been kinda busy, so didn't monitor my thread.

Yeap, actually, this is something that most of us, human being, tend to overlook. Sometimes, certain things can be so smooth sailing and easy for some of us that we tend to overlook the real beauty behind the things we are doing or what we really want to do. No one is perfect in my view. Including me.

Seems like a lot of us were taught to Aim High, Climb and Climb blah blah blah. But the question is, From where? To where? Do we even know what we are climbing towards?
    Take one money grabbing couple i knew for example. They are highly paid, own a bungalow and own big cars. However, they are so busy that they don't have kids. All they keep hanging by their mouth is, "oh, i want to earn more so i can retire earlier". I can be kinda frank. I asked them, "So, when you retired, what do you really want to do? Are you sure you are able to let go of the high pay you are holding now to retire?". They couldn't answer.
    One question that i don't dare ask is, "So, when you die, your assets goes to who?" No point grabbing so much money and lost the health and happiness which is equally important.

I guess such thinkings are subjective. But for me, i guess striking a balance is important. A man/woman with a happy spouse and kids and holding a 4-5k salary OR a man with a spouse he seldom meet and no kids with 10k salary. Which will you choose? I will choose the earlier for sure.

Ok, i think i go long winded again. Wahaha, thanks bro for the compliment. Especially from you man~ Seriously, my fav, is "Beyond Everything". haha, i wierd la.

By the way, you coming back for CNY?

Quote Originally Posted by qING View Post
    I like pic 1 and 5

Hehe. I think your words add emotion to the pics. Maybe you should publish a photobook and give it to your friends. Yapster, give one to me if you publish one
    Haha, qING, i'm not to that level la. But sure, if i am qualify to publish one, i will give ya a copy~~

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Seems like a lot of us were taught to Aim High, Climb and Climb blah blah blah. But the question is, From where? To where? Do we even know what we are climbing towards?
    Take one money grabbing couple i knew for example. They are highly paid, own a bungalow and own big cars. However, they are so busy that they don't have kids. All they keep hanging by their mouth is, "oh, i want to earn more so i can retire earlier". I can be kinda frank. I asked them, "So, when you retired, what do you really want to do? Are you sure you are able to let go of the high pay you are holding now to retire?". They couldn't answer.
    One question that i don't dare ask is, "So, when you die, your assets goes to who?" No point grabbing so much money and lost the health and happiness which is equally important.

I guess such thinkings are subjective. But for me, i guess striking a balance is important. A man/woman with a happy spouse and kids and holding a 4-5k salary OR a man with a spouse he seldom meet and no kids with 10k salary. Which will you choose? I will choose the earlier for sure.

Ok, i think i go long winded again. Wahaha, thanks bro for the compliment. Especially from you man~ Seriously, my fav, is "Beyond Everything". haha, i wierd la.

By the way, you coming back for CNY?
    yes - well, i think that is an inherent problem that is emerging in singapore, there is never enough money. everyone wants to be paris hilton when they retire and the question is whether they can even have that amount of energy left after rushing all their lives. it is one thing to have pride in one's career, another thing to have too much pride as well to the point where you lose your dignity. pride and dignity are two very different things altogether, but we seem to be mixing it up.

i agree with your choice - it's one of the reasons why i took the path i took, and neither do i plan to take any steps into the financial world, it's a financially rewarding lifestyle that i suppose i might be able to appreciate, but would never be able to come to terms with. better to have time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life like a good landscape view.

well - beyond everything has a certain mood about it. you're certainly entitled to your own personal likes and dislikes, nothing wrong with that. sometimes i like a photo even though it sucks because i went to great pains to achieve it and learnt something. so i keep it even though it sucks because it reminds me of the time when i was being spastic.

naw, london school term doesn't end until mid march. it doesn't feel like cny at all over here, haha. happy cny by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes - well, i think that is an inherent problem that is emerging in singapore, there is never enough money. everyone wants to be paris hilton when they retire and the question is whether they can even have that amount of energy left after rushing all their lives. it is one thing to have pride in one's career, another thing to have too much pride as well to the point where you lose your dignity. pride and dignity are two very different things altogether, but we seem to be mixing it up.

i agree with your choice - it's one of the reasons why i took the path i took, and neither do i plan to take any steps into the financial world, it's a financially rewarding lifestyle that i suppose i might be able to appreciate, but would never be able to come to terms with. better to have time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life like a good landscape view.

well - beyond everything has a certain mood about it. you're certainly entitled to your own personal likes and dislikes, nothing wrong with that. sometimes i like a photo even though it sucks because i went to great pains to achieve it and learnt something. so i keep it even though it sucks because it reminds me of the time when i was being spastic.

naw, london school term doesn't end until mid march. it doesn't feel like cny at all over here, haha. happy cny by the way.
    Oh, seems like you are taking the path that you are intending to take. for you bro~

Seriously, i am considering my options. But well, i am single, so i can still tahan the frequent travelling (same old place. And it is work, not play) and OT. But i guess, one of these days, i definitely got to make a choice. Haha, meanwhile, earn first and look around. Only concern is, will i look around till 40? haha. Then i will end up like the couple i mentioned earlier.

Yup, i keep every single shots. I dunno why. To me, no matter how it sucks, it reminds me of the "feel" at that particular moment. It's still serve the purpose of capturing moments. Moments i have in my life.

Oh, so i guess exam coming soon before your term break. Try to have a dinner with some friends who celebrate CNY lor. It may be even more fun than in Singapore.

And ya, Happy CNY to you bro~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12