Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Noobish Newbie Noob

Talking New Noobish Newbie Noob

Hi Clubsnappers,

I'm James, 22, residing in Woodlands, and am currently serving NS. I am pleased to join this active community of photographers. I was struck with the 'shutter' bug by my friend who influenced me through his pictures. I currently own a Canon IXUS 70 which was bought in Sep '07. Currently trying to learn and absorb as much I can. After 5 months, I'm now seriously looking at a DSLR camera for more defined shots.

I'm particularly interested in landscape, portrait and studio photography. I'll try and upload some of my noobish works sometime. Hope to learn from you experienced photographers and make new friends along the way. Cheers!!!

Default Re: New Noobish Newbie Noob

Quote Originally Posted by RaDiKaRuGuN View Post
    Hi Clubsnappers,

I'm James, 22, residing in Woodlands, and am currently serving NS. I am pleased to join this active community of photographers. I was struck with the 'shutter' bug by my friend who influenced me through his pictures. I currently own a Canon IXUS 70 which was bought in Sep '07. Currently trying to learn and absorb as much I can. After 5 months, I'm now seriously looking at a DSLR camera for more defined shots.

I'm particularly interested in landscape, portrait and studio photography. I'll try and upload some of my noobish works sometime. Hope to learn from you experienced photographers and make new friends along the way. Cheers!!!
    Welcome Bro..... stay longer here and you will be affected by the "DSLR virus".... Hope you started 'saving'....... hehehehe

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Welcome Bro..... stay longer here and you will be affected by the "DSLR virus".... Hope you started 'saving'....... hehehehe
    Hahaz, i have aledi started saving... about 50% more to go... Currently looking at beginner to intermediate range of DSLR cameras... The likes of a Canon 400D, Nikon 40D...

You have to save more... the virus is very strong here.. haha!
    Sony Alpha

Hahaz, i have aledi started saving... about 50% more to go... Currently looking at beginner to intermediate range of DSLR cameras... The likes of a Canon 400D, Nikon 40D...
    D40 you mean.. the 2 cams you mentioned are sufficient to further your interest.. just don't go around asking which is better..

Welcome...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

@yannh: hahaz, yea i'll definitely save more

@ J-Chan: oh sorry... typo error. Oh yea, I won't go around asking which is better. Just try and see eh...

@ zac08: thank you very much, hope to hear more from ya... good day...

Hi Clubsnappers,

Sorry to hear that... Should name the shop and go to CASE to seek redress..

Hi Clubsnappers,

WELCOME to CS!!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sexalicious/
    Life starts at the speed of 240km/h

@ kitchionh: I bought it during the PC Show 2007 (Sep) from Best Denki. I don't really quite understand the second part. To seek redress for what? To make things clear, I meant that the pictures I took with the Canon IXUS 70 isn't as defined as a DSLR camera. I prefer close-ups/more focus on the object of attention. Don't really quite know how to explain/put it in a clear manner. Just that when I compare with my friend's DSLR camera shots, I feel that it lacks definition.

@ sexalicious: Boy, your nick sure sounds seducing... Thanks very much for the warm welcome. Hope to learn some lessons/tips from you.

@ sexalicious: Boy, your nick sure sounds seducing... Thanks very much for the warm welcome. Hope to learn some lessons/tips from you.
    ahh. don't worry about my nick, i'm still a newbie learning

Welcome bro!

Don't be intoxicated by this site. Slow and steady win the race here. Take your time to save up and decide on what you want, then look around for the best price (where to get best price, etc) and then take the plunge. Don't just jump in without learning how to swim. You'll find your gears landed in the B&S section very quickly if you do that.

Read more, shoot more, post more, learn more. Enjoy your stay!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Welcome to CS
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Weclome to the world of poison
    save more and spend wisely
    24 F1.4L mk2 | 24-105 F4L | 70-200 F2.8L mk1 | 30 F1.4
    5D2 | 40D

@ sexalicious: I see, i guess we'er in the same boat then?

@ Virgo: a'ight, heard ya. Guess i've gotta start reading up...

@ felixcat8888: thanks for the welcome...

@ hengpy: why is CS called world of poison? Your advice is noted...
    "Release the Restrain Device"
    nOOb Canon IXUS 70 photographer

Poison?

why?

simple, it's called the BBB virus. When you see the wonderful gear available, you'd want one eventually...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Welcome. As what we always say here, shoot more post more. Just enjoy photography, but beware of the BBB virus Your Ixus 70 also can get you lots of wonderful photos. Learn to make full use of it.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

@ sexalicious: I see, i guess we'er in the same boat then?
    haha, yeah on the same boat =p

Welcome James. I don't think you'll be satisfied with D40 after 6 months of shooting. haha...

after 2 months....I'm already planning of getting a better lens. $$$ not enuff ah!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast