Thread: Help pls! ColorEye Display Pro .....

Default Help pls! ColorEye Display Pro .....

Background info

1) Philips 170B LCD working perfectly

2) ATI Radeon 9600 Series working fine

3) Spyder colorimeter working fine.

4) ColorEye Display Pro Demo Version just downloaded.

Before calibration, my screen is very bright at 100%. I chosen "utitlize DDC" setting in the Coloreye software before calibration. After calibration, my whole LCD become very very very dim even though its 100%. Theres no instruction in the software that mentioned reverting back to default settings.

I have tried to uninstall my ATI Radeon Drivers and reinstall it. Still the same problem...

I have tried to recalibrate at least 10 times with different settings including unchecking "utilize DDC" but the dim still persist. OMG

I have removed the ColorEye Calibrated profile from my color management in control panel. Still the same problem. Please help. My dad is going to kill me.
    Having expensive gears do not make you a better photographer. Period.

Default Re: Help pls! ColorEye Display Pro .....

Please help

Why are you fooling with your father's monitor anyway?

Ok.... I am not your mom so I can't really tell you what you shouldn't do. Are you using a Mac or PC?

If it is a PC, try removing the color profile not from the control panel but from the color folder and see what happens. This may help.
    Last edited by photobum; 26th January 2008 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Why are you fooling with your father's monitor anyway?

Ok.... I am not your mom so I can't really tell you what you shouldn't do. Are you using a Mac or PC?

If it is a PC, try removing the color profile not from the control panel but from the color folder and see what happens. This may help.
    I have done that...no use...LCD is like 22cd/m2 at 100%. Im not fooling my fathers monitor, he asked me to calibrate it....

did you uninstall the Spyder's software before you use ColorEyes?... as well, go to \WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color and remove any offending profiles...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    did you uninstall the Spyder's software before you use ColorEyes?... as well, go to \WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color and remove any offending profiles...
    Spyder was not installed in the first place. The system is clean of calibration software. Eyeone was the first I use on the desktop

Your dad is trying all kinds of calibration devices and yet still cannot decide which one to use?

Since you are using i1 display, why not install i1 Color Match and recalibrate the monitor again. Let's not use ColorEye Display Pro anymore.

Always use the product's native software. I never trust those third party softwares that claims to be better than the device's own.

ATi's Catalyst have an issue with all calibration software. Check it up on the DataColor website and see what recommendation they have for you.

What I think you need to do is to uninstall the Catalyst programme but retain use of the graphics driver. Factory reset your monitor and recalibrate again.

With regards to calibration software, do try out ColorEyes Display Pro cause I've used it before and the results with my Spyder2 colorimeter gave very good colors.
    Last edited by YogiBear; 30th January 2008 at 04:45 PM.
    search me on Google "simonKLgoh"

Quote Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
    ATi's Catalyst have an issue with all calibration software. Check it up on the DataColor website and see what recommendation they have for you.

What I think you need to do is to uninstall the Catalyst programme but retain use of the graphics driver. Factory reset your monitor and recalibrate again.

With regards to calibration software, do try out ColorEyes Display Pro cause I've used it before and the results with my Spyder2 colorimeter gave very good colors.
    Problem solved. I managed to set my LCD to default as the menu button was faulty. Did not choose utilise DDC instead chosen LCD brightness and gain option. Recalibrate again. Outstanding colors rendition and i love the Luminance measurement.