Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Are We Guilty???

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Are We Guilty???

    as we all know, we are always encouraged to use bio-degradable products so as not to kill the earth. people are encouraged to bring their own shopping bags, use recycled materials, conserve energy, etc.

    let's say we go to food outlet and tah-pau makan back. our food will be packed in styrofoam containers. after we consumed our makan, we will simply throw these containers away.

    so as consumers, are we guilty of contributing to the earth's demise?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    we are wat we are today because since the stone age and ice age period, people are fed up with their lives, thus slowly they invented plastic and all kinds of non-biodegredable stuffs, to make their lives better, but slowly later ppl start to complain that these things are harmful to the environment and want to cut down on these non bio degradable stuffs.

    we are just walking in a circle everyday. Isnt it nice that we all just sit back and relax, and dont work and do nothing, so that our world will not change, and things will be the best forever?

    stone age, ice age (no aircon = very hot, no car = walk very far, no factory = make clothes and food slowly), modern age (got aircon = spoil ozone, got car = pollute air, got factory = tonnes of air pollution)

    so wat the heck does human want? is life better than or now?
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    so digital camera is more environment friendly than film since film got negative containers.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    as we all know, we are always encouraged to use bio-degradable products so as not to kill the earth. people are encouraged to bring their own shopping bags, use recycled materials, conserve energy, etc.

    let's say we go to food outlet and tah-pau makan back. our food will be packed in styrofoam containers. after we consumed our makan, we will simply throw these containers away.

    so as consumers, are we guilty of contributing to the earth's demise?
    I convert those tah-pau styrofoam containers as pin-hole cameras.

    The world's first environmentally friendly camera.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    so digital camera is more environment friendly than film since film got negative containers.
    Why stop there? Let's go even further. We should all just leave it to the pros to shoot the photos for use to view and buy from them.

    That would elimate many wannabes with their plastic bodied PnS cameras, plastic coated memory cards and the plastic packaging it comes in and those entry level DSLRs and kit lens which has so much more plastic variant bodies/parts unlike pro-DSLRs with metal composite bodies like D2 or D3 or 1D Mark III...etc. heheheheh.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    u know this reminds me of this pos class i had to take in varsity as part of the graduation requirement. 2 hr class every week had to listen to this wannabe hippie blame us and remind us that the planet is in bad shape and its our fault....

  7. #7
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Why stop there? Let's go even further. We should all just leave it to the pros to shoot the photos for use to view and buy from them.

    That would elimate many wannabes with their plastic bodied PnS cameras, plastic coated memory cards and the plastic packaging it comes in and those entry level DSLRs and kit lens which has so much more plastic variant bodies/parts unlike pro-DSLRs with metal composite bodies like D2 or D3 or 1D Mark III...etc. heheheheh.
    that is a good excuse to upgrade

    i am doing it to save GAIA

  8. #8
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    that is a good excuse to upgrade

    i am doing it to save GAIA
    Fine fine...just so long as you don't aim a finger in my direction when your Missus asked you why you just go and plop down your kid's future University fee on a new D3 or D4 heheheh

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    so as consumers, are we guilty of contributing to the earth's demise?
    Of course. No consumption = no exploitation of natural resources, and no consumption = no emissions = no pollution.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    as we all know, we are always encouraged to use bio-degradable products so as not to kill the earth. people are encouraged to bring their own shopping bags, use recycled materials, conserve energy, etc.

    let's say we go to food outlet and tah-pau makan back. our food will be packed in styrofoam containers. after we consumed our makan, we will simply throw these containers away.

    so as consumers, are we guilty of contributing to the earth's demise?
    beg to differ,
    earth will be alright regardless of what we do.
    its man who can't take the changes caused by their action.

    earth's demise?
    far from it.
    its man's demise u r talking about.

  11. #11
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Are We Guilty???

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    beg to differ,
    earth will be alright regardless of what we do.
    its man who can't take the changes caused by their action.

    earth's demise?
    far from it.
    its man's demise u r talking about.
    You hit it on the nail man. heheh

    Anyone remember the Dinosaur for example?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •