Thread: Advice Required

Default Advice Required

Hi there,

Just got myself a new P5100. Was wondering if there's any specific settings that i could use to start with in order to :-

1) Take CNY Decorations at night... You know those lighting decorations.. etc? Is there any specific mode , (ie.. ISO 100/200... , FLASH AUTO, MODE?) that would make the pictures taken come out to be more nice?

2) Take skyline photos...at night too.. :-) Sometimes in the day..

Any recommendations?

Default Re: Advice Required

There is alot of setting that you can use depending on the effects that you want. A tripod is a must for the slow speed. You can use a flash to act as fill in too.

More readup : http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthrea...=216216&page=2

Night Photography Section : http://forums.clubsnap.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Default Re: Advice Required

Quote Originally Posted by theodore View Post
    Hi there,

Just got myself a new P5100. Was wondering if there's any specific settings that i could use to start with in order to :-

1) Take CNY Decorations at night... You know those lighting decorations.. etc? Is there any specific mode , (ie.. ISO 100/200... , FLASH AUTO, MODE?) that would make the pictures taken come out to be more nice?

2) Take skyline photos...at night too.. :-) Sometimes in the day..

Any recommendations?
    Always use lowest ISO for best quality.

For still life ( object dun move ) , use slow shutter or long exposure to capture the object with ambient lighting. Of course recommend to use a tripod.

For camera settings, use small aperture for wider DOF and shutter release cable or timer mode to prevent unnecessary movement for long exposure.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap