Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! season XIV - goodbye Brokeback Cowboys n see-so-sicko!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! season XIV - goodbye Brokeback Cowboys n see-so-sicko!

Benitez desperate to avoid FA Cup shock

Liverpool face non-league opposition in the FA Cup for the first time in 27 years when Blue Square South side Havant & Waterlooville arrive at Anfield on Saturday.

And it is a measure of the growing despair at Anfield that manager Rafael Benitez wants his side to bag some goals to boost their confidence after a disappointing 2-2 home draw with Aston Villa on Monday.

Benitez said: 'Now we have a cup tie with a non-league team it will be a great occasion for everyone but maybe we can score some goals to give us confidence.'

Steve Finnan, Charles Itandje, Lucas Leiva, Peter Crouch, Xabi Alonso and Ryan Babel could all be involved but full-back Alvaro Arbeloa (abdominal injury) and striker Andriy Voronin (ankle) are both out.

Havant & Waterlooville manager Shaun Gale believes the exploits of his FA Cup minnows have brought some of the magic back to this season's competition.

'If there was any doubting the FA Cup then we have kicked that into touch this season, we've re-ignited it,' said Gale, whose side beat Notts County and Swansea to earn their fairytale fourth round clash.

'For the non-league circuit it's just fantastic. It shows how important the FA Cup is for non-league clubs because these sorts of things can happen.'
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! season XIV - goodbye Brokeback Cowboys n see-so-sicko!

AMERICANS COMPLETE REFINANCING DEAL - REPORTS

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are thought to have completed their refinancing deal to retain control of the club, leaving Rafa Benitez's future at the club uncertain to say the least.

The Americans have reportedly finalised terms on a new 350million loan, news which will come as a blow to Dubai International Capital, who were thought to be preparing a bid to buy the club this month.

It isn't the best news for Benitez either, whose relationship with the Americans has deteriorated rapidly in recent months.

Indeed, it was widely thought that the only chance Benitez had of staying in charge at Anfield in the long term was if DIC were successful in their buy-out of the Americans, who admitted they offered his job to Jurgen Klinsmann earlier this month.

The 350million will be used to repay the money Hicks and Gillett initially borrowed to buy the club last year, as well as purchasing new players like Fernando Torres in the summer.

The remaining 60million will go towards the club's new stadium at Stanley Park, revised plans for which will be unveiled shortly, according to The Times.

The good news for the club and the fans is that not all of the new debt will be placed on the club, as previously thought.

The Guardian reports that 'only' 105million will be saddled on the club, and with 60million of that allocated for new stadium costs, the 'working capital debt' will stand at around 45million, which is 'almost identical to the working debt under (former chairman David) Moores'.

The remaining debt will be spread between Hicks and Gillett's holding company 'Kop Investment', and the Americans themselves.

oh no!!! which dingdong bank lend them the $$$$$$?!?!

haiz... all is lost!!

REDS APPOINT STADIUM BUILDERS

Liverpool have announced that Dallas-based architects HKS have won the battle to build the club's new 300million Stanley Park stadium.

HKS produced the original designs for the 71,000-capacity arena which were rejected by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett late last year when they ran 50million over budget.

But after revising those plans, and beating off Manchester-based AFL's rival bid, the American company will get the contract for the new ground.

Hicks, Gillett and chief executive Rick Parry met in New York earlier this month to study both new designs.

AFL produced the plans originally agreed before the American duo took over the club. They were dropped by Hicks and Gillett and they have again found their revised scheme rejected.

The announcement on Friday over the stadium's future comes ahead of confirmation that the refinancing of the club owners' loan deal has also been agreed.

The refinancing will mean the American duo have a firm stranglehold on the club, despite opposition from fans' groups, and they are likely to sanction the permanent transfer of on-loan Javier Mascherano as soon as the 9million transfer of Mohamed Sissoko to Juventus has been agreed.

Hicks and Gillett are trying to re-establish their fractured relationship with the Anfield support and, by allowing manager Rafael Benitez the funds to buy 17million-rated Mascherano they are also intimating the Spaniard has a long-term future at the club.

However, that situation will not be clear until the summer when this season's performance will be assessed. A top-four position is crucial, plus a decent FA Cup run - Liverpool play none-league Havant and Waterlooville in the fourth round on Saturday.

It is also possible Benitez will have to beat Inter Milan next month in the Champions League to placate the Americans after their public fall-out with the manager.

But for now the stadium decision is the first step towards settling the crisis that has engulfed the club.

Hicks told the club's official website: "HKS has developed a more efficient design that, at the same time, is just as stunning as its original design.

"Liverpool supporters should have high expectations for the future: a premier sporting experience at their new stadium at Stanley Park and a winning club on the pitch for years to come."

Liverpool still insist that the new stadium will open in 2011, and its centrepiece will be an 18,500 new Kop, an increase on the current Kop of 5,000 extra seats.

Laing O'Rourke, the largest privately-owned construction firm in the UK, has also been appointed.

The American owners will now hope that a string of positive decisions on the new stadium, a potential deal for Mascherano and implied confidence in Benitez, will take the sting out of a situation which has seen their standing with the fans severely damaged.

Key to the new moves has been the re-financing deal that has caused the American owners so much trouble in recent months, igniting more moves by Dubai International Capital to buy them out.

Hicks has resisted those moves and it is expected that their 350million re-financing plans will be formally announced shortly.

It is believed the actual breakdown of the deal is 185million to cover the original takeover loan by Hicks and Gillett a year ago, 60million to cover the old debt plus 60million as a start-up for the new stadium.

There is also 45million for signings and working capital, but whether that is for new signings or last summer's spending spree is unclear.

GERRARD WOULD RELISH CAPTAINCY

Steven Gerrard admits he would love to be England captain as new manager Fabio Capello prepares to announce his first squad for next month's game against Switzerland.

Former boss Steve McClaren installed John Terry as skipper after axing David Beckham but the Chelsea defender is by no means assured of retaining the captaincy under the Italian.

Gerrard would be a popular choice to lead the national team but while he admits he would be honoured to take the role, the 27-year-old insisted he was fully behind Terry.

Gerrard said: "If the manager comes and asks you 'do you want to be captain?' then you say 'yes of course'.

"But I don't want to put my name forward because we have our leader in John Terry and we have to show some respect.

"Every England player wants to captain his country.

"But John is our captain at the moment and that hasn't changed as yet.

"So, we have to wait and see what the new manager decides."

Gerrard believes England have underachieved in recent years, illustrated by their failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

McClaren lost his job as a result and Gerrard is now looking forward to starting afresh under Capello, despite the Italian's fearsome reputation for discipline.

"I'm just looking forward to the new regime and looking forward to getting back to winning in an England shirt because it has been a difficult time of late and we have certainly underachieved.

"There is an excitement there and obviously I'm hoping to be involved.

"I'm desperate to be part of the England team going forward because I do believe there are big things we can achieve with this team and with this manager.

"Us players have got to adapt to that (his reputation for discipline).

"He's the boss now so we have to do what he says.

"If he wants to change things we've got to do it."

LIVERPOOL FAIL FOR THEO

You'd think Rafa Benitez would have more important things on his mind than trying bizarre loan bids, but you'd be wrong.

According to The Times, Liverpool have failed in a bid to take Theo Walcott on loan. Curious one that. Quite why they would want him is beyond us, but there you go.

The youngster has apparently attracted a good deal of interest from various Premier League clubs (and Stoke. Snigger), including Man Citeh.

Now there's a slightly more sensible option. However, do people know he's not all that good yet?

Also, The Daily Express reckons that West Ham, Portsmouth and Reading want him too.

Arsenal have rejected an audacious attempt by Liverpool to take Theo Walcott on loan for the rest of the season - but Sven-Goran Eriksson is still hopeful of luring the player to Manchester City. (0810 GMT - The Times)
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 25th January 2008 at 07:55 PM.

Liverpool's American owners are ready to signal their commitment to the club by finally signing Javier Mascherano on a long-term contract for 17m. (Various)

17m pounds for an anchorman. i'm not so sure..

CHIMBONDA: I`M GOING TO TOON

Pascal Chimbonda has stunned Spurs by claiming he's set to join Newastle United.

The controversial French full-back says he's ready to accept a big-money deal to join Kevin Keegan's Tyneside revolution.

Just a couple of days after helping Spurs rout Arsenal to reach the Carling Cup final, Chimbonda claimed he's been offered a lucrative deal by the Toon.

The Sun claims he bragged to friends: "Kevin Keegan has approached me and they've offered me more money.

"I am definitely leaving Spurs. It's all about the money. I don't care about the final, I don't care about the cup."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    CHIMBONDA: I`M GOING TO TOON

Pascal Chimbonda has stunned Spurs by claiming he's set to join Newastle United.

The controversial French full-back says he's ready to accept a big-money deal to join Kevin Keegan's Tyneside revolution.

Just a couple of days after helping Spurs rout Arsenal to reach the Carling Cup final, Chimbonda claimed he's been offered a lucrative deal by the Toon.

The Sun claims he bragged to friends: "Kevin Keegan has approached me and they've offered me more money.

"I am definitely leaving Spurs. It's all about the money. I don't care about the final, I don't care about the cup."
    another good player gona go down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    another good player gona go down the drain.
    want $$ pls go there.

com'on kevin, buy our Dirty Kite, Hurry Getwell n brokenronin.

rinser oso can sell to u.

come come, dun shy!!!

Default who are the waterloo street boys?

read all abt them here!!!

i hate to see us win by only 3goals.

Liverpool v Havant & W'looville

Anfield
    Saturday 26 January
    Fourth Round
    Kick-off: 1500 GMT
    Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)
    Replay: Wed, 13 February, 1945 GMT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...up/7197712.stm

Liverpool team news to follow later.

Minnows Havant & Waterlooville will be without suspended full-backs Justin Gregory and Brett Poate.

Tony Taggart should be fit despite tooth trouble this week, but Gary Elphick, Craig Watkins, Chamel Fenelon and Charlie Henry are cup-tied.

BIG-MATCH FACTS

The romance of the FA Cup is wrapped up in this one tie, as Havant and Waterlooville - the only non-league club still in the competition face the biggest day in their history, away to 18 times League champions, five times European champions and seven times FA Cup winners, Liverpool.

The Hampshire based minnows, play their football five levels lower than their illustrious opponents in the Blue Square League South, and are embarking on their eighth match in the FA Cup this season and seventh round.

Havant have been drawn away in all three rounds since qualifying for the competition proper and are plotting the downfall of Liverpool, having seen off York from the Conference, League Two Notts County, and Swansea, the League One leaders, after a replay.

The League ladder

Liverpool are 123 places higher than Havant in football's pyramid system.

FA CUP RECORDS AND BEST PERFORMANCES

LIVERPOOL

Current form

Unbeaten in eight; won three and drawn five in league and cup since being knocked out of the Carling Cup by Chelsea, 2-0 in the quarter-final at Stamford Bridge on 19 December.

Their last home defeat was 0-1 to Manchester United in the Premier League on 16 December; only their second loss of the season at Anfield.

Recent FA Cup performance

Won the cup once in six years, but already on their best run since that triumph in 2006, having been knocked out in the third round by Arsenal last season.

Altrincham of the Alliance Premier were the last non-league club to be drawn against Liverpool in the Cup; the Merseysiders won the third round tie 4-1 at Anfield on 3 January 1981 with a brace from Kenny Dalglish.

Southern League Worcester City were the last non-leaguers to knock out Liverpool; the Merseysiders, a Second Division club at the time, lost the third round tie 2-1, away, on 15 January 1959.

The Manager

Liverpool's victory on penalties over West Ham two years ago won for Rafa Benitez the only domestic Cup of his managerial career.

FA Cup fact

Required a replay to dismiss a cash-strapped Luton in the third round. The previous time they began their cup run against the Hatters, two years ago, they went on to claim the silverware.

HAVANT & WATERLOOVILLE

Current form

Won the last two; lost one of the last five (all comps).

Recent FA Cup performance

This is the fourth time since Havant Town and Waterlooville merged in 1998 that the Hawks have reached the FA Cup proper and the second in successive seasons. It is the first time they have progressed beyond the first round.

FA Cup fact

Havant forward Rocky Baptiste scored for 10-man Farnborough Town when they lost 1-5 to Arsenal in the fourth round at Highbury on 25 January 2003.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 23 points
    2) roadrunner 16 points
    3) kelccm 14 points
    4) jfoo 14 points
    5) blazer_works 11 points
    6) dfstan 10 points
    7) zhapchit 10 points
    8) airfins 10 points
    9) grumpy 9 points
    10) canew 9 points
    11) roDz 5 points
    12) xen0275 4 points
    13). estronutz 3 points
    14). nemesis32 2 points
    15). mpenza 1 point
    16). dnd 1 point

FA Cup 4th Round

Liverpool vs. Havant & Waterlooville

Saturday.
    Anfield.

1). 7-0 Liverpool Win! (DIRTY KITE!, Getwell) cheesecake

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 23 points
    2) roadrunner 16 points
    3) kelccm 14 points
    4) jfoo 14 points
    5) blazer_works 11 points
    6) dfstan 10 points
    7) zhapchit 10 points
    8) airfins 10 points
    9) grumpy 9 points
    10) canew 9 points
    11) roDz 5 points
    12) xen0275 4 points
    13). estronutz 3 points
    14). nemesis32 2 points
    15). mpenza 1 point
    16). dnd 1 point

FA Cup 4th Round

Liverpool vs. Havant & Waterlooville

Saturday.
    Anfield.

2). 7-0 Liverpool Win! (Torres, Babel) Toress Hat Trick !!! airfins
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

i introduce FHM gals during 1/2 time to dance n serenade the opposition.
    make sure it's in the opposition's dressing room so they lembek when coming out for second half.

make sure it's in the opposition's dressing room so they lembek when coming out for second half.

vomit blood combo, but if can deliver that result, i will find the blood to vomit

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    vomit blood combo, but if can deliver that result, i will find the blood to vomit
    i dun think our hero torres will start.

i dun think gerrard will start.

i dunno who else will actually start!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    zai one.

i oso make sure i install a BAR counter by the opponent's restroom. the bartenders will all be ladies in tight bunny outfit. there'll be the world famous S'pore bar-top dancing!!!

for manu will be 'ladies' from changi V or orchard towers.

zai one. special treatment.

they love our local 'ladies'.
    btw some are imports also
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast