View Poll Results: What is your stand on reserving seats using Tissue/belonging in the Food Court etc.

Voters
287. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am OK with it.

76 26.48%
  • No, I do not agree on the pratice

211 73.52%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your stand on reserving seats using using Tissue in the Food Court etc.

Default Re: What is your stand on reserving seats using using Tissue in the Food Court etc.

i wonder if anyone has tried reserving 10 tables with tissues

Default Re: What is your stand on reserving seats using using Tissue in the Food Court etc.

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    If I see a tissue packet on top a table, I'll gladly pick that up and throw it at the nearest bin and there you have it,
    a preppy place to sit in
    that above action is civilised?

the only "civilised" form of reservation I think is by asking someone to seat there. Anythign else, is "cavemen" reservation.
    Then bear with it. That's life. You wait till your turn. The analogy is the same. If you bring someone to a market, you can ask him to queue for you while you pick some things in order to save time. If you are alone, there's no choice but to queue yourself, no such thing as putting a trolly as a form of reserve or anyhting.

Moral of the storey, never live your life alone

well, I don't grab freebies lying around. If it's perfectly clean and unopened, who would mind some tissue spree?
    a single person going alone for a meal has equal right to a seat as a group of diners. unless the group is a mob, bear with it or eat else where.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    and usually nothing can make them change their point of view.

so the conclusion is.....don't waste time debating. just do what you want.
    yeah, by keep telling people don't do it don't do it and he/herself do it.

or say I will sure take the tissue away and actually dare not to touch it....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    a single person going alone for a meal has equal right to a seat as a group of diners. unless the group is a mob, bear with it or eat else where.
    usually there will be empty seats even at tables occupied by a mob. just ask if seat is taken lor.

usually there will be empty seats even at tables occupied by a mob. just ask if seat is taken lor.
    wah, dun wan lor, wait kenna elbow by the mob!

worse wait they leave 1st den flip table! eat oso buay song, wait indigestion ah...

wah, dun wan lor, wait kenna elbow by the mob!

worse wait they leave 1st den flip table! eat oso buay song, wait indigestion ah...
    well..you have your bowl of hot soup. if kena elbow then "oops" and topple the bowl on them lor

well..you have your bowl of hot soup. if kena elbow then "oops" and topple the bowl on them lor
    i was thinking of using a fork...

keke, dun OT liao. every1 enjoy ur lunch!

i was thinking of using a fork...

keke, dun OT liao. every1 enjoy ur lunch!
    *jabs sORe-EyEz with a sharpened fork

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    using tissue paper is not good enough, not pro!

try using this for better result.

may be can print some tissue package with "Reserved" text or image and sell at the cafeteria
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

*jabs sORe-EyEz with a sharpened fork
    i am not part of your lunch...

vince123123
    Guests

You can also view the first act as littering, and the second act as picking up litter and disposing it properly.

Firstly, 2 wrong dosen't make 1 right. The first act merely is a selfish act, the second act (free tissue) can be viewed as stealing. Tho the value of the pack of tissue is "almost" nothing and no one would bring it up... value aside, a wrongful act is still the wrongful act.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    agree... if you eat in a group... one person how?
    Er...easy. One person waits, others go get food. When they get back that one person goes and gets food. How hard is that?
    Cameras: Rollei 35, Rolleiflex-T, FinePix F700, Nikon D60, D300
    Pics: Churchwolf's Album.

i am not part of your lunch...
    but i'm the one with the fork

Quote Originally Posted by Churchwolf View Post
    Er...easy. One person waits, others go get food. When they get back that one person goes and gets food. How hard is that?
    I tokking about 1 person eating leh.

If I go lunch alone and got another "friend" to help me reserve the seat... I tink the whoe food court alreadi nobody liao.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    You can also view the first act as littering, and the second act as picking up litter and disposing it properly.
    You know that this argument holds no water.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I tokking about 1 person eating leh.

If I go lunch alone and got another "friend" to help me reserve the seat... I tink the whoe food court alreadi nobody liao.
    if alone then look for empty seat lor. usually not all tables fully occupied.

if alone then look for empty seat lor. usually not all tables fully occupied.
    some foodcourt layouts do have those long tables that have a space or 2 for individuals to squeeze in.

Others, like Taka one... no chance.

that above action is civilised?

how can throwing an unidentified, unclaimed tissue packet which is lying around uncivilised? we are helping to clean the environment and the attitude of the society. How are you sure that the tissue paper isn't leftover from the previous diners? This is such a confusing national crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchwolf View Post
    Well, not everything in life is simple. Consideration and not being self-centered is essential in harmonious living. Dang, I sound like a diplomat.

how can throwing an unidentified, unclaimed tissue packet which is lying around uncivilised? we are helping to clean the environment and the attitude of the society. How are you sure that the tissue paper isn't leftover from the previous diners? This is such a confusing national crisis.

Well, not everything in life is simple. Consideration and not being self-centered is essential in harmonious living. Dang, I sound like a diplomat.
    you sound like a columbian diplomat

in the 1st place, the tissue left on the seat unlikely a pocket of soiled tissue. if its left behind the previous owner more so you should not have thrown it away. wad if its some other items, would you do the same?

how can throwing stuff away left behind (if its the case) be a civilised act?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast