Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanah Merah to Pasir Ris MRT disruption

Default Re: Tanah Merah to Pasir Ris MRT disruption

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    I'm a strong believer of the metro subway (or MRT) system for cities with sparse road space.

What I don't understand is, for a transport system that claims to be WORLD CLASS, is there any form of SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT in place? A Service Level Agreement (SLA)to the public that is PAYING for it.

For instance:
    * 99% availability = 7.2 hours of service unavailability per month
    * 99.5% availability = 3.6 hours of service unavailability per month
    * 99.9% availability = 0.72 hours of service unavailability per month

For an organization that increases its fares AT WILL, for a VITAL TRANSPORT SERVICE, I'd be mighty surprised if there isn't any form of SLA in place.
    When I lived in Tuen Mun (far away from kowloon) in HK, the smaller trains (kind of bigger LRT, or more like trams) going into the estates from the main station had a small screen inside showing how many percent success rates they had for I think every month.........

HS

got nothing else to say lah. the nation depends on the rail service to move around and like it or not, we will still use it even though it costs us inconveniences at times.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    When I lived in Tuen Mun (far away from kowloon) in HK, the smaller trains (kind of bigger LRT, or more like trams) going into the estates from the main station had a small screen inside showing how many percent success rates they had for I think every month.........

HS
    this is what i call... transparency

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    I'm a strong believer of the metro subway (or MRT) system for cities with sparse road space.

What I don't understand is, for a transport system that claims to be WORLD CLASS, is there any form of SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT in place? A Service Level Agreement (SLA)to the public that is PAYING for it.

For instance:
    * 99% availability = 7.2 hours of service unavailability per month
    * 99.5% availability = 3.6 hours of service unavailability per month
    * 99.9% availability = 0.72 hours of service unavailability per month

For an organization that increases its fares AT WILL, for a VITAL TRANSPORT SERVICE, I'd be mighty surprised if there isn't any form of SLA in place.
    They need to adopt Six Sigma methodology..

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    got nothing else to say lah. the nation depends on the rail service to move around and like it or not, we will still use it even though it costs us inconveniences at times.
    Don't have a choice right? The competition is plying a different route mah..

I wonder what will happen if it happened at central area...

Have we forgotten about Exercise Northstar V?
    SMRT CAN handle 4 stations one... dun worry... that EXERCISE had already proven to us...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter...se_Northstar_V
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

MRT is double track, the train broke down on one track, so what's going on on the other track?

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    MRT is double track, the train broke down on one track, so what's going on on the other track?
    i think the other track was occupied by the people trying to fix the broken train...

CNA says 57,000 people affected.... i wonder how they got that figure?? from the pictures, i think there's a lot more people affected...

Quote Originally Posted by iskofil View Post
    i think the other track was occupied by the people trying to fix the broken train...

CNA says 57,000 people affected.... i wonder how they got that figure?? from the pictures, i think there's a lot more people affected...
    yeah.. even people from Boon Lay were affected cos the MRT were moving very very slow..

The crowd on the platform at Jurong east station were also huge.. like as though a football match has just ended...
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

I think the 57,000 is estimate. It is interm of $$ but there are more lost than that.

MRT excuse is that it is very rare let see about it. It simply can't handle such situation and we count on them to build world class service.

must be doing head-counts from the pictures

Simple. Daily average statistic of people taking the MRT during that period.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Another method is by number of bus loh. One bus take 100 ppls then they provide 70 bus so 70 x 100 x 10 trips.

Smile Re: Tanah Merah to Pasir Ris MRT disruption

what is interesting is the nature of the incident. apparently, it looked like a collision between the maintenance vehicles. smrt not saying anything yet.

the driver must be sleeping and knock the front platform on the track.

local buses will b hard pressed to replace train services considering the capacity of a 6-carriage train w/ approx 5 min interval. i dun even consider tis a major trian disruption.

major disruption would be like City Hall or Raffles Place no train (2 platforms, both ways!) can pass de. thats something our transport planners would sweat like no tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    what is interesting is the nature of the incident. apparently, it looked like a collision between the maintenance vehicles. smrt not saying anything yet.
    Looks like maintenance train was broken down. No collision.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

there was a dent on the front of the maintenance vehicle. residents nearby were reported to have hear a loud sound. these two info do not suggest a breakdown.

"And any penalty to be imposed on SMRT will depend on what LTA finds in its investigations. -CNA/vm"

The MRT fare is going to Upzzz again if they are to be penalize
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

I guess the taxi drivers must be laughing. So many customers. If just only 10% of the affected passangers take a cab yesterday, thats more than 5000 people. and if each trip's fare is average $8 (already on the low side) den that total extra earnings for Taxi drivers plying the area would be more than SGD40K. Thats a lot of $$$$$ .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast