Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 4th NAPE

Default Re: 4th NAPE

Finally received my invitation card today. no mention on bringing guests.

Yes same, received my invitation card via snail mail today. No mention of guest.
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

Yup, got mine today as well. No mention about guests as well. Maybe somebody can call and ask? Shirley (events exec) said that 2 or 3 guests are fine though (through correspondence on email).
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

2moro is the day....
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

See you guys later today!

Nobody really familiar there, except maybe Songster or Lord_Angelus. I find the event interesting, will be dropping by again to look at the other photos being exhibited
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

the quality of photos this year seems to be up but still can find a few that shldn't be there..

i was there, one observation, if i remember correctly, no malay or indian friends took part?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    i was there, one observation, if i remember correctly, no malay or indian friends took part?
    Well....I did a count. Not too difficult. Only one. Me. Sigh.

Can see the list of names on the back of the CD cover.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    hahah why point this out?
    I wouldn't say there was a bias in the selection, despite ngeeann kongsi being predominantly Chinese culture liking..
    I remember seeing buddhist statues pics together with thaipusam pics...
    I remember Nizam's pic too!

i think you have mis-understand my observation.

in no way am i suggesting that there are any form of bias or unwritten rules or preferrence.

as a committee from another photography event, i had observe that there is a lack of participations from other communities there too. look at any of the outing organize by any of the csers, how often you see all who join are from the same community? i have been putting in more effort to get other communities to join photographic event/activities.

just hope to see and share with other communities thats all. photography is a hobby to most of us and from there we made friends and through friendship comes more understandings. i see nothing wrong with me stating my observation here. like my signature here, photography make one sees thing from all angle. also, a half filled cup can be view as half filled or half empty.

anyway, i had a exchange of views with Nizz via pm last night. he understood where i am coming from.
    Last edited by denniskee; 29th March 2008 at 12:13 PM.

ah I see... well I don't mean any ill intention as well jus warning you before the mods step in. under representation by the minority races is something I never really thought long about cos I always thought its a matter of statistics (I wonder what's the ratio of C I M now.. ) hence I was curious also why you brought it up.

But I was impressed with the organisers for catering Halal food, its something that some ppl constantly forget despite our multi racial heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    ah I see... well I don't mean any ill intention as well jus warning you before the mods step in. under representation by the minority races is something I never really thought long about cos I always thought its a matter of statistics (I wonder what's the ratio of C I M now.. ) hence I was curious also why you brought it up.

But I was impressed with the organisers for catering Halal food, its something that some ppl constantly forget despite our multi racial heritage.
    thanks. i was concern about people mis-interpret my intention. why shy away when we can make it better.

sorry for the OT. lets stop here. anyone who like to go into further discussion pls pm me.

agreed...

hey I was told in previous years the participants were allowed to pay for the mounting and bring your print back as it is mounted. anyone knows if its the same this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexlord View Post
    Nobody really familiar there, except maybe Songster or Lord_Angelus. I find the event interesting, will be dropping by again to look at the other photos being exhibited

Hmm, you were there? If I had known I should have tried to meet up with you. I didn't meet up with any CSers there. Only went with my gf, and 2 close friends who are not from CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    the quality of photos this year seems to be up but still can find a few that shldn't be there..
    Are my 2 entries part of those?

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post

hey I was told in previous years the participants were allowed to pay for the mounting and bring your print back as it is mounted. anyone knows if its the same this year?
    Hmm how much would that cost?

By the way, the organisers tagged one of my photos wrongly. It was mixed up with the 1 beside it. But once I informed them, it was amended promptly, so the damage wasn't that bad I guess..

I went to see the photos and enjoy the food

Good job

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    Are my 2 entries part of those?
    i have no idea whose prints belongs to who on here.. so i better keep quiet..

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    i have no idea whose prints belongs to who on here.. so i better keep quiet..
    My works are entitled "Indulgence" and "Oblivion". Haha, hopefully they are not part of those that should not be there...

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    My works are entitled "Indulgence" and "Oblivion". Haha, hopefully they are not part of those that should not be there...
    don't worry.. i am sure u did very well..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast