Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th NAPE

Default Re: 4th NAPE

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    Maybe you can strike a deal: you crop your picture if they agree to crop their name from "Ngee Ann Kongsi" to "Ann Kong".
    ok. They do a good job this year in being abit more strict in choosing the photos. BUT this is not accepting. I am kind of upset about it >_> rawr

My photos were rejected by them thru a phone call. This fella from Ngee Ann called me and ask me to submit another series cos they feel my images are not good but they want every participant to get their images exhibited.

As I was busy then, I told him I will get back to him.

I was thinking, if my images are not good, move on lah. Give the chance to another participant whom you think its good lor. I do not work for them to create a series of photos to their liking. Furthermore, this is an exhibition, not a photo contest. This do not sound and look good on their part. Very unprofessional.

I will miss this event from now on.

Unhappy Re: 4th NAPE

yeah i got that too, had to submit another series of photograph and i have to go back once again to hand over the soft copy. wth la.

Hmm.... Sounds like some very shady stuffs going on there.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Hmm, so far I didn't receive anything like that. But this is definitely the 1st time I heard something like this happen at NAPE. Probably due to new managing committee of NAPE? I mean, it does seem that this year's is quite different from past years'.
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

Hi, sorry to ask such question: What is the theme of the contest? Anyone can join? Closing date?

Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi, sorry to ask such question: What is the theme of the contest? Anyone can join? Closing date?

Thanks alot!
    closed already....amen

Oic, thanks sigg.

Quote Originally Posted by sigg View Post
    closed already....amen

submitted 4 by only 1 gt thru... anyway.. betta then nthing... gt a call frm them too but only asking abt my particulars... o.O

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    Hmm, so far I didn't receive anything like that. But this is definitely the 1st time I heard something like this happen at NAPE. Probably due to new managing committee of NAPE? I mean, it does seem that this year's is quite different from past years'.

The lady that who hander the event left the place about two years ago. I think. This year is new one...

I am still knn about the photo >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Angelus View Post
    The lady that who hander the event left the place about two years ago. I think. This year is new one...

I am still knn about the photo >_>
    hahaha ... feeling unfairly treated ah?
    I am just wondering who are the people behind "judging". Since this is only an photo exhibition, they should let the photographer express their pics as is and not telling you to crop or whatever. After all, these are your works not theirs.If it does not fit their criteria, then just reject the entries altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    hahaha ... feeling unfairly treated ah?
    I am just wondering who are the people behind "judging". Since this is only an photo exhibition, they should let the photographer express their pics as is and not telling you to crop or whatever. After all, these are your works not theirs.If it does not fit their criteria, then just reject the entries altogether.
    Only common sense and basic courtesy. It doesn't bode well for Singapore's cultural development if things like these happen - especially if it involves reputable entities such as Ngee Ann Kongsi. I still find it hard to believe.

I received news that there were more than 500 entries from 160 avid participants. They would like to help all avid photographers to showcase their work, the committee comprises of master photographers. If your images are good, they will buy them for their gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesong View Post
    I received news that there were more than 500 entries from 160 avid participants. They would like to help all avid photographers to showcase their work, the committee comprises of master photographers. If your images are good, they will buy them for their gallery.

"will" not all. :P

darn haven't submit yet jus collected my print yesterday.. whens the deadline huh? can submit to security counter at night yah?

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    darn haven't submit yet jus collected my print yesterday.. whens the deadline huh? can submit to security counter at night yah?
    don't kan cheong... submission date is tomorrow 7th of march. 9am to 7pm.(closed 12pm - 2pm).
    last year i could not make the submission date/time. so i left it at the security counter. not sure if you can do that this year.

hmm yah lor that's what i rem too but my fren said to submit by today... apparently two of my frens submitted already .. hmmm confusing yah?

I'll be calling them later to ask if I can get a slight extension cos I've been really tied down by work, working till past midnight even on some weekends. By the time I finish work on weekdays, none of the labs are open already.
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

can i ask where u guys got yr prints print out at? i tried the normal printing shop and the quality wasnt really good. needa submit by tmr!

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    I'll be calling them later to ask if I can get a slight extension cos I've been really tied down by work, working till past midnight even on some weekends. By the time I finish work on weekdays, none of the labs are open already.
    hey cool.
    can we submit on sat or sun? u have the number to call?

p.s. to abv qn.
    I printed mine at photobugs. its in jurong east tho. but colors were great! service good too.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast