Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is NOT a spoiler BUT CLOVERFIELD is an 1 h 20min video clip ?

Default Re: This is NOT a spoiler BUT CLOVERFIELD is an 1 h 20min video clip ?

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    my thoughts about the movie, apart from leaving the cinema going "wtf", was about the camera....anybody wondered what brand it is? lol..super solid sial...no scratches and still working fine despite going through the ordeal that killed the rest of the people..and the battery and tape just goes on forever... i would say the movie was a pretty good advert for the camera, if we only knew what brand it is..haha
    Since the quality is movie HD quality maybe they could be using the famous hand held RED ONE camera heheh..... But in the real world, how many average people would buy or can afford one that I am not sure lah but maybe the movie just took it that someone bought it and use in at the party scene...eg hahahah..

An excellent camera ( a beautiful looking one too) by the way if you are into HD video recording. Own by the company that gave you Oakley sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    wah lau... 4th row from the front??? damn... don't think you can cover the entire screen without having eye-ball exercising.

i watched American Gangster 6th row from the front... gotta move my head left and right to see what's going on. damn tired...
    a bit cannot cover, but the fast and shaky action was damn shiok.

cloverfield might be good for its movement. but i agree, not everyone can tahan those movement.

wanted to bring family to watch but when I found that it was Blair Witch style, i gave up.
    Watching BW was a torture (literally) as I nearly threw up. The last time I endured such motion sickness was when I was a kid taking those Tay-koh-yat public buses.....

Anyway, went alone to watch American Gangster instead...worth my $$$ at least.
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

I saw the preview before, and wondering what is that movie.. and had intended to watched. I read this thread but still watched it last night, i am okay with motion sickness. I find it quite interesting, and good that the motion sickness is less except the first 15 minutes..

I think blair witch project is same situation, some ppl claim scary, some ppl claim what a crap.

I watched blair witch project on dvd, i found it so so.. since not a single 'ghost' is being seen.

this cloverfield had some 'monster' caught on video, so it is a plus..

anyway, i think this is better than AVP2 ha..

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Blair Witch was annoying because all I heard was the girl screaming and whining and screaming and whining and people doing stupid stuff like throwing away the map. And in the end, couldn't see sh*t. Just more screaming.

From what I heard, Cloverfield is something like that. Cannot really see monster, one...

I think I will still watch it though. From DVD that I'll get from JB.
    At least, Blair Witch Project was a university class project for a couple of students near here. It wasn't supposed to be a major motion picture, so you can understand why it didn't have higher production values.

I haven't seen Cloverfield but it seems that they show all the good parts in the preview and I don't have to bother going to the cinema.

Is there anything worth watching?

lol, the movie sucks thats why the director did not dare to release a trailer? So is it aliens invasion ?

lol, the movie sucks thats why the director did not dare to release a trailer? So is it aliens invasion ?

Potatong
    Guests

After reading this all the negative things about how other ppl feel about the movie, i feel that i had to write mine.

I really enjoyed Cloverfield. From the 'invasion' the suspense never drop and kept going up n down on the high level. I really loved the way its done. The feeling is like you're in the show. That guy holding the cam really spiced things up, like when he says "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT... JESUS OH MY GOD" i think its really good. I really admire the person doing the special effects on the huge camera shake. i wonder how they do the camera matching. (the part when they are very close to the tanks)

5/5 for me. really enjoyed it.

my bro went to watch with is wife n some of their frens. some guys ended up puking after watching

hmm, does it look like playing FPS? lol...

i know some ppl can puke watching me play FPS game... probably they can make a FPS game based on tis.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

guys, the great thing is monster is caught on the video! you know the feeling like they are trying all mimicks to show you something, yet you only see a tail or shadow...

it is not the greatest movie, but if movie like AVP2 can pass as a okay entertaining movie, then cloverfield should be credited ha..

anyway, try to sit as far seat as you can..

well, this can say that not everyone can tahan shaky film like this. I was able to enjoy it only after I started photography, was able to focus on the image without much problem.

quite good actually, bought my 5 year kid actually and saw him peeping between his fingers. You may like this if you're into organic food, sort of gives you the firsthand experience

i like the show , it gives me those real-time feeling , but there is no explanation about on why there is such a big monster..(i think the monster is quite solid)really an big big ass.. much bigger than godzilla i think. but me and my friend really want to vomit after the show.
    saw 1 guy walk out within the first 20 mins of the show

At first, when the show ended I went "WTF?!". However, after getting out of the theater, I found myself still thinking about that show. It is really quite different, and worth it. The only bad part was the abrupt ending.

Part 2 is planning ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Just want to mention 1 misconception about the battery life of the vcam in the movie. Since everyone of my friends were telling me that the battery of the cam seems to last forever.

Well, if u noticed, it only lasted 1hr 20mins, which is the length of the movie. NOT 7 hours, which is duration of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    Huh the trailer had been out for quite a while.

I found the movie all right. I looked away from the screen when things got too jerky.

It might be a 80 minute video clip, but it's a 80 minute video clip with a $20 million special efx budget. The only thing driving the movie was what the monster looked like, and the whole love-story angle was pretty flimsy. I cared little about the characters in the movie, and the whole setup was quite excruciating. Nevertheless, it's one of those movies that have relied on their hype to score a bundle at the box office.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12