Thread: Fur Inside ViewFinder

Default Fur Inside ViewFinder

Hi All,

There's a fur inside the viewfinder when i look at it. At first i thought it was dust on the len so i use my lousy blower to blow the dust away but it doesn't work! so i try to blow the sensor part and nothing changes, the Irritating fur was still inside when i look at it! Any advise that i can clean away the fur from my cam? Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Oceanloverm
    Canon EOS 40D + BG-E2N, EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 IS, 70-200L F2.8 USM, 50 F1.4 USM & 580EX

Default Re: Fur Inside ViewFinder

Does it show on your img, it could be in the focusing screen.

Go to CSC they can clean for you.

sorry, forget to mention that when i shoot some photos, it doesnt affect anything as well.... but still irritating when i look into the viewfinder
    Canon EOS 40D + BG-E2N, EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 IS, 70-200L F2.8 USM, 50 F1.4 USM & 580EX

Could be fungus on the focusing screen or mirror.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Fungus????.... i bought my cam for only a month... and i always put in inside my drybox ( with thirsty hippo )....

Your Hippo shed fur?

OK, just kidding. If it's in the wiewfinder area, (or even the focusing screen area), unless you know what you're doing, it's best to bring it down to your service center for assistance. Since your cam is so new, mabbie you can ask nicely and hope they do FOC.

maybe the dust is at the inside-top side of the camera?
    It happened to me once.
    Just used the blower to blow the top mirror and the 'fur' will be gone.
    Just make sure that it doesn't fall into the sensor instead

Ah.. I also almost got a heart attack when I saw a piece of hair last week.

Do you have another lens? Try that. Could be that theres something inside your lens itself..
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Ah.. I also almost got a heart attack when I saw a piece of hair last week.

Do you have another lens? Try that. Could be that theres something inside your lens itself..
    Ya, it gives me a heart attack too when i was going go take a photo of the blue white sky and almost faint... i don't think it's the len, when i unmount the len and i tried to look into the mirror reflection on the cam body itself, i saw a fur there.... i had tried to use a blower to blow that part also but it wouldn't go off, is it because of my blower not strong enough? Blower got 2 kinds from what i heard izit? 1 with metal ball and one without? Thanks for all the replies

Hmm you trued blowing the mirror , focusing screen and viewfinder part and its still there? I guess you might have to lice with it unless you wanna send it down to the CSC.. I get more drool then fur most of the time haha...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet