Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Thread: putting my PR to use

  1. #81
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Well, I suppose you hope to out-stubborn the guy with greater stubborness, banking on a statistical probability that the other person is less likely to be stubborn than you. You do however, have to take note of your inferior bargaining position, so even someone equal to or slightly less stubborn than yourself, would still have a positional advantage.

    Since views are divided about what is right or wrong about tissue paper reservations, I guess since there is no legislation on this issue, the law of the jungle will prevail. Hence people who agree with tissue paper reservations would continue to do so and hope no one removes them; whilst those against tissue paper reservations will continue to get free tissue paper and/or free seats.

    Maybe you should just tar pao Save a lot of confrontations. It is not uncommon to see fights happen over tissue paper reservations and usually, it is the person who is already seated and has both hands free, who has the positional advantage in any dispute.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Yeah, what you mention about my position is true. But you might be suprised how many people would like to keep their 'face' and avoid such 'contest' ofstubborness.

    As already mentioned by others in this thread, either way also not wrong.

    I don't know those who are against reservation have experience in eating at peak hours everyday. You just can't outrun those who come in group with food in your hand without some compromise to safety. So you still LL have to pick a seat to watch and wait. Not much additionatloss to my time anyway.

    If it wasn't such peak period with many others waiting for seats, I don't think anyone with any semblance of courtesy/gracefulness to jettison another's space.

  2. #82
    Member Papilio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Central Singapore
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    ...and to think that we're planning on cramming 2,000,000 or more people on this tiny red dot in the sun.
    Last edited by Papilio; 22nd January 2008 at 02:32 PM.

  3. #83

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    IT IS TIME TO SET UP A TISSUE FACTORY.

    Imagine the amazing sales you will get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papilio View Post
    ...and to think that we're planning on cramming 2,000,000 or more people on this tiny red dot in the sun.
    Even if I do not agree with you, I will always fight for you to have your say.

  4. #84

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    And how do you arrive at the fact that the majority in Singapore endorse the idea of reserving seats with tissue paper?
    Mmmmm may I ask you back then how DID you arrive at the fact that the majority in Singapore do not endorse the idea of reserving seats with tissue paper?

  5. #85

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Well, I suppose you hope to out-stubborn the guy with greater stubborness, banking on a statistical probability that the other person is less likely to be stubborn than you. You do however, have to take note of your inferior bargaining position, so even someone equal to or slightly less stubborn than yourself, would still have a positional advantage.

    Since views are divided about what is right or wrong about tissue paper reservations, I guess since there is no legislation on this issue, the law of the jungle will prevail. Hence people who agree with tissue paper reservations would continue to do so and hope no one removes them; whilst those against tissue paper reservations will continue to get free tissue paper and/or free seats.

    Maybe you should just tar pao Save a lot of confrontations. It is not uncommon to see fights happen over tissue paper reservations and usually, it is the person who is already seated and has both hands free, who has the positional advantage in any dispute.
    Not really leh, imagine I have my HOT Laksa in my hands Its going to get messy
    Now you know why there is so many people selling tissue in the food courts
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  6. #86

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Mmmmm may I ask you back then how DID you arrive at the fact that the majority in Singapore do not endorse the idea of reserving seats with tissue paper?
    Why not start a poll on that
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  7. #87

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Why not start a poll on that
    Good idea!!!

  8. #88

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Ok done that please vote now

    VOTE
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    unlikely, cuz as mentioned, the practice is to reserve first. So, first come-first reserve, first eat , first bunk off table too.

    The time spent is still similar mentioned earlier, you either wait before ordering, or with your order in your hand. You might have a longer wait in the latter case as you are unlikely out run those waiting without food in hand.
    That is in the point of tissue paper reserve user point of view, and on the condition that s/he come early, where s/he don't need to wait for reserving the table. With less people reserve the tables by tissue paper, there should be more tables readily available, so people just queue for food, then get table or wait a bit for table if really congested, finish and walk off, that should take less waiting time, more tables are seated by patrons rather than tissue paper packs.
    Also if everyone follow the same rules like oversea, then there shouldn't be worry about outrun by those without food in hand.

    Though in Singapore, it's unlikely this will be happening any time soon......
    Last edited by zcf; 22nd January 2008 at 03:28 PM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  10. #90

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Mmmmm cant vote.... cos Im considered new member?? The poll has a msg saying You are not allowed to vote.

  11. #91

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Mmmmm cant vote.... cos Im considered new member?? The poll has a msg saying You are not allowed to vote.
    Hurry post more till 50 post count then can post already liao Posting in Kopitiam don't count ya
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  12. #92
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    since a poll has started and both sides agree to disagree
    i see no point in this thread continuing

    thread closed
    Last edited by ortega; 22nd January 2008 at 03:50 PM.

  13. #93

    Default Re: putting my PR to use

    Wise move !

    Let the poll speak for itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    since a poll has started and both sides agree to disagree
    i see no point in this thread continuing

    thread closed
    Even if I do not agree with you, I will always fight for you to have your say.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •