Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomato Flash

Default Re: Tomato Flash

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Saw this brand on web. Also know that a few shops in Sim Lim carrying this brand. The CF is cheap comparing with Sandisk and Lexar for similar read/write speed and capacity. Does anyone know and use this memory card brand? Your feedback would be welcomed. I may buy the 16 GB CF.

Thanks.
    how is its price compared to kingston? since it is a taiwanese brand, maybe compare to the same country of design and manufacture would be better, rather to compare with Sandisk and Lexar.

Hi ..thks for the feedback...
    I'd seen the link before.....didn't say much about the quality of the brand just about the lack of marketing and distribution ........
    lack of marketing/distribution could mean lack of confidence among the retailers..
    which also basically means.. there is no way in hell this brand will overtake the major players in this memory game..

Just an update.

I bought the tomato 16 gb CF. Initial trials with the high speed shots is max up to 15 raw plus fine before the buffer on the D300 is full. So not bad for transfer speed. Not the fastest but reasonable. Looks like a good CF. Will try to max it to 16 gb next to make sure it goes fully to what is advertised.

KP

Just an update.

I bought the tomato 16 gb CF. Initial trials with the high speed shots is max up to 15 raw plus fine before the buffer on the D300 is full. So not bad for transfer speed. Not the fastest but reasonable. Looks like a good CF. Will try to max it to 16 gb next to make sure it goes fully to what is advertised.

KP
    Hi KP. How much did you get the 16GB CF for? Also what is the speed, i.e. 133x?
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

Hi KP. may i know where u bought this from? Do u know who is the distributor of tomato flash in the event i need warranty support for RMA?

btw, i found this

"Tomato Flash is actually owned by LiteOn Group who through their subsidiary Dynacard actually manufacture millions of memory cards under OEM for various other vendors. So Tomato Flash is in effect the ”house brand„ being extablished to compete with their OEM partners."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12