Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weird China RF triggers

Default Re: Weird China RF triggers

Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj View Post
    actually I'm abit confused. How does an antenna boost gain without drawing energy from the device?
    is signal gain lah.

Sorry all. I guess I'm abit science stupid. Signal gain or whatever gain, I understand nothing right now at this point in time, even after reading the wikipedia (which is damn cheem in itself)

I add a longer antenna so there is signal gain/antenna gain? So theoretically radiation will decrease in one direction compared to the unmodded trigger? I don't see any such phenomenon. Range seems to have increase in ALL directions.
    Or is my brain just not working tonight?
    Last edited by chanjyj; 25th January 2008 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman View Post
    is signal gain lah.
    The gain is from directivity. Other than that, there is no gain in a passive device if you look at the total radiated power.... just less loss..
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 30th January 2008 at 11:09 AM.

how do you get the right exposure for your flash ? I assume that your flash (RF triggered) is not connected to your camera for TTL flash control ?
    I too have the china made RF trigger, and am in the process of figuring out how to get good accurate flash exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by cimman View Post
    how do you get the right exposure for your flash ? I assume that your flash (RF triggered) is not connected to your camera for TTL flash control ?
    I too have the china made RF trigger, and am in the process of figuring out how to get good accurate flash exposures.
    You heard of something called a flash meter?
    http://www.sekonic.com/products/

Use manual exposure mate.

Anyway, I totally gave up hope with these dodgy triggers. Saving up for something more reliable.

Pure agaration. Let me eyes be the light meter and the LCD be the confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    The gain is from directivity. Other than that, there is no gain in a passive device if you look at the total radiated power.... just less loss..
    I read this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_measurement#Gain
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_gain
    until I blur like sotong.
    Last edited by longkangman; 7th February 2008 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman View Post
    You blur like sotong? Don't talk about me

hi, chanjyj, at 433MHz, 5.5cm is abit too short. try increasing the length to 35cm. thats abt half the wavelength. Hope it helps. Also, coiling the antenna will affect the reception. Can try to let the antenna wire lenghten to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mahojazz View Post
    hi, chanjyj, at 433MHz, 5.5cm is abit too short. try increasing the length to 35cm. thats abt half the wavelength. Hope it helps. Also, coiling the antenna will affect the reception. Can try to let the antenna wire lenghten to see if it works.
    No lah - it's ok for me already. 35cm... I cannot imagine the wire drooping out of my receiver. But thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj View Post
    No lah - it's ok for me already. 35cm... I cannot imagine the wire drooping out of my receiver. But thanks anyway.
    u mod the reciever or transciever ah?
    in page 2 photo, seem you mod the transciever with big antenna..

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    u mod the reciever or transciever ah?
    in page 2 photo, seem you mod the transciever with big antenna..
    typo - mod the transmitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123