Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice for cheerleading photoshoot

Default Re: Need advice for cheerleading photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    The best advice from the best person..
    not pro la. just speaking for personal experience
    lens changing (even for the fastest method you know), is usually not fast enough for high pace cheerleading competitions with short routines..

While the no of photos is a personal preference, I'd be overwhelmed by the PP involved in 2000 shots. I'd rather think before shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by conquer500 View Post
    this combo is the best.

both camera set at 5fps or faster. ISO1250~1600.

only this you can capture a lot of facial expression.

be prepare to shoot at least 2000 photo or more. stating this cause i attend a couple of cheerobics as the offical before.

i think they have some kinda rythem try to understand it you probably can predict better when they are posing or flipping

Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    While the no of photos is a personal preference, I'd be overwhelmed by the PP involved in 2000 shots. I'd rather think before shooting.
    nah, i did the PP in less then 3hours, thats why i use LR, sycn all the setting together, only thing that is long to do is to Flag the photo that you need. the routines are very fast pace, you cannot afford to miss anything, i dun think you will have time to think what you want to shoot during the routine.

Some will argue that it is possible to be intimately familiar with the routines to know exactly when to shoot, and some will prefer to spray and pray. To each their own.

Anyway, TS already stopped discussing how to shoot cheerleaders 3 days ago.

I think it is quite impossible to be familiar with all the routine, and certainly not if the TS is shooting a competition. However it is possible to anticipate what stunts will be coming up next cos there will normally be transitions and prep time before different stunts. eg, if you see two bases with interlocking hands facing each other and a flyer standing behind them, with her hands on their shoulder, you know they might be doing a basket toss next and so get ready to shoot the flyer flying...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12