Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Transformers experts, please help...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    UNICRON!!!

    wah all the TF fans reveal themselves here....hehehehehehehe
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  2. #22

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    roy, your son is lucky to have you as a dad. not sure if he is old enough to appreciate who is unicron though haha.. but i am sure he will be thrilled nonetheless.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    roy, your son is lucky to have you as a dad. not sure if he is old enough to appreciate who is unicron though haha.. but i am sure he will be thrilled nonetheless.
    as mentioned b4 they brought unicron back for more recent transformers show. so its not like he's ancient history.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    Hehe...I paid US$50 for 2 big boxes of toys. One box is full of transformers, including this Unicron, and a half-assembled Zoids Gojulas. The other box is full of Bionicles, which I counted more than 30 sets. It was quite a steal if you ask me...
    that's one lucky boy!!!
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    roy, your son is lucky to have you as a dad. not sure if he is old enough to appreciate who is unicron though haha.. but i am sure he will be thrilled nonetheless.
    And I am a lucky dad...now I have an excuse to buy the toys I did not get when i was a kid

    My wife has already asked a few times if the toys I bought are really for myself! I spent a few hours working on the Zoids Gojulas that I got with the transformers lot, not to mention the many hours I spent creating K'nex contraptions that my son only played with for a few minutes...
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    And I am a lucky dad...now I have an excuse to buy the toys I did not get when i was a kid

    My wife has already asked a few times if the toys I bought are really for myself! I spent a few hours working on the Zoids Gojulas that I got with the transformers lot, not to mention the many hours I spent creating K'nex contraptions that my son only played with for a few minutes...
    hope you have plenty of room to display them! post a pic of the zoid le. wanna see

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    hope you have plenty of room to display them! post a pic of the zoid le. wanna see
    My TV top and a few other cabinets are running out of space already...

    The Gojulas is really awesome and fun to build. Unfortunately the fins on its back are missing, so it kind of look more like a real T-rex rather than Godzilla. Here are a few shots:









    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    They look in pretty great condition! No Marks or scatches are obvious. Oh you've got some sensor dust btw, haha, top right (last pic)

  9. #29

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    That's good to know...

    I managed to find the instructions from Hasbro's website and transformed it to a planet:



    Too bad the little "ball" transformer (Dead End mini-con??) is missing...and only one of the 6 missiles are left...
    Nice photos too by the way. How did you manage to suspend Unicron like that?

  10. #30
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Nice photos too by the way. How did you manage to suspend Unicron like that?
    the wonders of PS.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Nice photos too by the way. How did you manage to suspend Unicron like that?
    Thanks!

    Like Cheesecake said, I balanced it on top of a tripod and then cloned the tripod away in Photoshop.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    They look in pretty great condition! No Marks or scatches are obvious. Oh you've got some sensor dust btw, haha, top right (last pic)
    Yes, the Gojulas was only partialy assembled (25%) by the original owner and the rest of the parts were still on the "trees", so it was practically brand new.

    I am not sure if that was sensor dust or a spot on the backgound. There are a couple of spots on the background that I usually heal off if visible. Time to do a sensor check anyway.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    ...
    My wife has already asked a few times if the toys I bought are really for myself! I spent a few hours working on the Zoids Gojulas that I got with the transformers lot, not to mention the many hours I spent creating K'nex contraptions that my son only played with for a few minutes...
    Inside every dad, there is a hidden boy who relives his childhood through his sons' (son 's) childhood.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by skf View Post
    Inside every dad, there is a hidden boy who relives his childhood through his sons' (son 's) childhood.
    Agreed! I nearly wanted to buy the new Optimus Prime and BumbleBee "for my 3 yr old son", who is too young to play them anyway And I was practically drooling at the some of the vintage Transformer toys I saw in a toy shop.

    I recently bought the DVD for the original cartoon Transformer The Movie, where Unicorn and my all time favourite Autobot, Rodimus Prime 1st appeared. Haiz......all the childhood memories
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  15. #35
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Agreed! I nearly wanted to buy the new Optimus Prime and BumbleBee "for my 3 yr old son", who is too young to play them anyway And I was practically drooling at the some of the vintage Transformer toys I saw in a toy shop.

    I recently bought the DVD for the original cartoon Transformer The Movie, where Unicorn and my all time favourite Autobot, Rodimus Prime 1st appeared. Haiz......all the childhood memories
    rodimus prime was Hot Rod before he took over the leadership n the matrix... right???


    classic. the best robot anime ever, along with macross, of cos.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #36

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    rodimus prime was Hot Rod before he took over the leadership n the matrix... right???


    classic. the best robot anime ever, along with macross, of cos.
    yea rodimus was basically hot rod promoted. lol of course nothing can compare to the macross valkyrie why else they use the same mold to make jetfire?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    good one
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    woah... the Gojulas sure looked awesome. the last picture of the series is funny though. really like the setup.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post

    Considering what time this is, this is quite timely to say: Ooooh lunch! (in a french accent)

  20. #40
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Transformers experts, please help...

    Anyone knows where can I get die cast Transformers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •