Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reasons for quiting

Lets be honest, pple will leave their jobs for many reasons. I think organisations do not have a right to ask even that Q to begin with.

With economic slowdown, bosses who are "dirty" will try to force u to resign so that they can save some retrenchment benefits. So it is ridiculous to ask in the first place!

I mean if you have worked overseas, say in the US etc, u will not likely to find such Questions being asked. Also the Questions on yr state of health is absolutely discriminating!

I tell u, the HR departments in Singapore are way behind in terms of asking these kind of stupid Questions. Better off asking intelligent questions like if we hire you, how would u change the way the organisation works, how can u contribute to company's bottom line etc.

Deregistered

Originally posted by jeff chen
    I tell u, the HR departments in Singapore are way behind in terms of asking these kind of stupid Questions. Better off asking intelligent questions like if we hire you, how would u change the way the organisation works, how can u contribute to company's bottom line etc.
    There are some who do. When I left the Civil Service, my ministry's HR did ask exactly that.

Deregistered

As for reasons, many people (esp younger ones with less than A levels) leave because they are unhappy with the company or the superiors. I've come across a person who quit on the spot simply because he didn't like the external consultant's face!

The older and/or more mature ones tend to be more rational. They leave if there is really a better prospect elsewhere, or are tired and want a sea change, or want to give more time to family...

use this , sure get the job :

Reason: So I can join my dream company... which is yours
    Canon Lover :)

If anyone said that, then we wld probably not have to leave the organisation after...

Originally posted by Klause
    use this , sure get the job :

Reason: So I can join my dream company... which is yours
    ya ... for the next 2 years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12