Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

  1. #1

    Default where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    as above. or any other bags similar to ziploc bags. hopefully it's cheap.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Jason's Supermarket (The Market Place). They carry the larger sizes which can fit in a few pieces shirts or jeans/trousers. They don't come cheap though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    beach road, tons of ziplocks of all sizes.

  4. #4

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Army market. Lots and lots of ziplocs.

  5. #5

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Ha... ha... I totally forgot about army surplus stores. Yes... they have them too but not very waterproof like the original ziplock bags. For me, the press lock seal always come out loose.
    Last edited by photobum; 19th January 2008 at 12:55 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    appreciated all the comments. can those non water poof ziplock bags protect from condensation?

  7. #7

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by vroom1 View Post
    appreciated all the comments. can those non water poof ziplock bags protect from condensation?
    Nope... Not even the normal 'red box' original ziplock bags. You'll need original Ziplock bags for freezer in blue boxes.

  8. #8

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    SKP .. almost everywhere have it
    http://www.skp.com.sg/index_files/index.htm

  9. #9

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    SKP .. almost everywhere have it
    http://www.skp.com.sg/index_files/index.htm
    Their website use the Microsoft Word Rainbow wordart.. lols..

    Actually i never see SKP with big ziplocks before leh

  10. #10

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Beach Rd ... BEHIND the army market there ... a lot of kitchen supplues stores .... there's one or two stores selling all sorts of packaging.

    I used to buy these thick, secure 'ziplock' bags large enough to store over 1 kg of marinated chix wings, and they did not leak, so I assume it also works the othe way round to keep water out. Costed about 10-12 bux per 100 pieces. The lock was strong enough to allow me to transport the foodstuffs with no incident.

    Hope this helps.

  11. #11

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Beach Rd ... BEHIND the army market there ... a lot of kitchen supplues stores .... there's one or two stores selling all sorts of packaging.

    I used to buy these thick, secure 'ziplock' bags large enough to store over 1 kg of marinated chix wings, and they did not leak, so I assume it also works the othe way round to keep water out. Costed about 10-12 bux per 100 pieces. The lock was strong enough to allow me to transport the foodstuffs with no incident.

    Hope this helps.
    dont forget to buy a few rolls of the SAF black tape to tape the sides of the zip locks!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    No need to go so far. NTUC also have. Ziplock jumbo size, with watermelon picture on the box. Largest size. Cheap or not, not sure lah, but I dont have to pay transport and spend time stand + sleeping on the bus.

  13. #13

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Hi guys,

    How about small ziplock bags? I am talking about those like 1 inch x 1 inch kind of size. Anyone knows where to get?

  14. #14

    Default Re: where to get big ziploc bag for my camera and lenses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    Hi guys,

    How about small ziplock bags? I am talking about those like 1 inch x 1 inch kind of size. Anyone knows where to get?
    any of those provision shop would habe. usually.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •