Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

  1. #1
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Just in case you haven't had enough flash storage for one day, Pretec's making sure you really do get your fill. Announced today at CES, the outfit unveiled a 16GB, 24GB and 48GB CompactFlash card, with the 2GB - 24GB iterations available in 333x flavors (50MB/sec) and the 1GB - 48GB models available in 233x (35MB/sec). Unfortunately, the details we're really after -- you know, price and release dates -- are curiously missing, but hopefully Pretec will toss those tidbits out in the near future.

    http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/07/p...ctflash-cards/

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    muahaha, I can slot the 48GB card in my D2H and seal it up permanently. Built in storage

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    muahaha, I can slot the 48GB card in my D2H and seal it up permanently. Built in storage
    there's sure to be resistance towards higher capacity cards I have no idea why.
    i'm waiting for someone to say "bah, i rather have 32 pieces 512mb cards cos I don't wanna put all my eggs into 1 basket"

    EDIT: maybe 64 pieces of 256mb or 128 pieces of 64mb

    Last edited by yanyewkay; 18th January 2008 at 11:10 AM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  5. #5
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    cool... and i was still thinking whether to invest in an epson p-storage device...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  6. #6
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    there's sure to be resistance towards higher capacity cards I have no idea why.
    i'm waiting for someone to say "bah, i rather have 32 pieces 512mb cards cos I don't wanna put all my eggs into 1 basket"

    EDIT: maybe 64 pieces of 256mb or 128 pieces of 64mb

    This is very funny... the person can haul 32 pcs of CF cards around loh...

  7. #7
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Just in case you haven't had enough flash storage for one day, Pretec's making sure you really do get your fill. Announced today at CES, the outfit unveiled a 16GB, 24GB and 48GB CompactFlash card, with the 2GB - 24GB iterations available in 333x flavors (50MB/sec) and the 1GB - 48GB models available in 233x (35MB/sec). Unfortunately, the details we're really after -- you know, price and release dates -- are curiously missing, but hopefully Pretec will toss those tidbits out in the near future.

    http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/07/p...ctflash-cards/
    Pretec always is one of the first to come out with a capacity that is not seen on other brands yet... but i dun think this brand of cards can be found retailing locally.

  8. #8
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    This is very funny... the person can haul 32 pcs of CF cards around loh...
    now i know why the crumpler brazillion $$ (gad-typo) BAG has 24 memory card slots in the front zip !!! whaah
    Last edited by StrifeYun; 18th January 2008 at 02:45 PM.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    now i know why the crumpler brazillion $$ gad has 24 memory card slots in the front zip !!! whaah
    its for 1 slave to carry all the equipment for the others that is why 24 slots.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    muahaha, I can slot the 48GB card in my D2H and seal it up permanently. Built in storage
    get D3, then can put in 2... 96GB

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pretec intros 16GB / 24GB / 48GB CompactFlash cards

    Sounds so darn cool.. But would probably cost a bazillion dollars?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •