Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quad Core vs Duo Core Processor

Default Re: Quad Core vs Duo Core Processor

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    There is only ONE model. It's the MacPro.

And it's not $4,000 plus only. That is the based price for a 2.8ghz.

The 3.2ghz will set aside another $3,531 which will by then will be $7,531.

For $7,000 plus you can buy a nearly top of the line PC with 8GB of RAMs.

Forget about the Mac system for now.
    The premium comes from the ability to load Mac OS on the computer.
    Without that ability, the Mac Pro cost only as cheap as the cheapest Dell.

For people going purely after numbers like specs, dollars signs and stuff, Mac will never be a consideration. Time saved is intangible for most to calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by David Chin View Post
    Perhaps I got it wrong. What I meant was which particular configuration as the MacPro comes with so many processor options.

I would be tempted to migrate to MacPro as Windows Vista/XP gives so much problem unlike the Apple OS that I understand from many users is so much more robust and stable. The main consideration is how am I going to use my Windows version of Photoshop etc. on the MacPro. I know it can now run Windows as well but is there any benefit?
    i disagree the point with mac os is more stable then vista/xp

its the sheer number of software and hardware design for windows vs mac. Mac PLC is much much longer then windows.

End of topic or not people will say i trying to rise a mac and win war.

let's just say that a program error will less likely force a mac to restart the OS compared to Windoze.

i find mac slower in response than pc... probably due to my limited mac encounter...

and configurating mac is harder than configurating pc, probably cos i have been using m$ based stuff for 20 years...

a funny thing happened on my gf's mac... i tried installing lightroom and darn frustrated, after installation, when using it, it will show up with error of modules. uninstall, install many times... still the same, versions after versions.

in the end, i created a new account, and i click on lightroom, it works... darn strange... same pc, different account only...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    The base configuration of Quad 2.88ghz is more than powerful enough.

You'll need to buy a version of Photoshop for Mac. I don't know if Adobe allows you to convert your Win version to Mac version or not. You might have to call up and check.

Benefit? Save TIME from troubleshooting. Anything wrong it's always the hardware. For PC, it can be hard/software.
    Yes you can change any of your CS versions from PC to MAC back to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by David Chin View Post
    Perhaps I got it wrong. What I meant was which particular configuration as the MacPro comes with so many processor options.

I would be tempted to migrate to MacPro as Windows Vista/XP gives so much problem unlike the Apple OS that I understand from many users is so much more robust and stable. The main consideration is how am I going to use my Windows version of Photoshop etc. on the MacPro. I know it can now run Windows as well but is there any benefit?
    Well I use Mac and PC. To me, each has it's fair share of problems. No computers is perfect.

You need to program and customised your own settings (PC or MAC) to suit to your needs.

Problems occurs even on the high end PC or MAC. If you are well versed in troubleshooting a PC or a MAC, you should like both systems.

well, thru usage, u will get use to whatever OS..

i use mac, PC and freebsd (via command lines) .. i find that i am able to cope with all... only thing i dislike abt windows is that viruses, trojans are targeted primarily on MS...
    Canonite
    Disciple of the Canonical Order

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Well I use Mac and PC. To me, each has it's fair share of problems. No computers is perfect.

You need to program and customised your own settings (PC or MAC) to suit to your needs.

Problems occurs even on the high end PC or MAC. If you are well versed in troubleshooting a PC or a MAC, you should like both systems.
    Yeap.Troubleshooting is the key.I prefer PC due to customization,the stable XP.TO be frank,PC is good enough and have better software support.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123