Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pay to shoot

Deregistered

Default Re: pay to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by mtunlinn View Post
    Money is not everything......... I think i'll stop posting in this thread from now on after understanding your situation.
    but most people offering money for the market rates what.
    It pays to offer the market rates first but if they ps,then offering lunch/supper would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    I was referring to the TFCD part
    Ok, let me tell you about what my take on TFCD.

TFCD is a collaboration work between a photographer and model (let leave MUA aside for the discussion).

the products of TFCD is the images and the experience working together, so it is best that both party can gain the two things at the end of session.

if a photographer unable to deliver decent images, should not use these as an exchangable item with a model.

and if a model unable to perform decently, should not being paid, and photographer should decide whether want to invest time on this model.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Ok, let me tell you about what my take on TFCD.

TFCD is a collaboration work between a photographer and model (let leave MUA aside for the discussion).

the products of TFCD is the images and the experience working together, so it is best that both party can gain the two things at the end of session.

if a photographer unable to deliver decent images, should not use these as an exchangable item with a model.

and if a model unable to perform decently, should not being paid, and photographer should decide whether want to invest time on this model.

That's why I rather be offering monies to the model instead of TFCD since i doubt i can deliver good image while in the phase of learning.
    What wrong's with that?
    Offer money and people say rude,offer TFCD yet can't produce image does not come with integrity.
    You telling me to do neither here nor there...-_-
    Last edited by dotaboy; 18th January 2008 at 12:21 AM.

hello dotaboy

you know ar, catchlights and eikin are trying to help you

you seem to take offense at anything and everything - henceforth i'd wager you'd take offense at this post too

relax, not everyone is out to stick a pipe bomb up your crack

welcome to reality - you are not a professional photographer, won't judge if got or not cos don't know. your friend is not a professional model, good or not also don't know. basically what you're suggesting - offering money to shoot people is like.. playing house. you are not in the business, nor is it a business transaction, so why do you want to throw money in the equation especially if your friend never demand it?

giving money to girls hor, must be very careful.. they don't want you still give.. later give the girl and yourself bad name
    Last edited by night86mare; 18th January 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Got money got budget , hire a professional model . It doesnt matter if u are newbie or not it will make yr money more well spend .

I think the logic behind is quite simple ..... but why are u thinking so hard ?
    Last edited by S11loop; 18th January 2008 at 12:29 AM.

since u cant get decent pics
    scared u cant produce decent pics on TFCD

might as well pay for a model who can pose rather than a friend who cant pose
    then the $ is worthwhile ..

my mother always say smart can already. don't act smart.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    hello dotaboy

you know ar, catchlights and eikin are trying to help you

you seem to take offense at anything and everything - henceforth i'd wager you'd take offense at this post too

relax, not everyone is out to stick a pipe bomb up your crack

welcome to reality - you are not a professional photographer, won't judge if got or not cos don't know. your friend is not a professional model, good or not also don't know. basically what you're suggesting - offering money to shoot people is like.. playing house. you are not in the business, nor is it a business transaction, so why do you want to throw money in the equation especially if your friend never demand it?

giving money to girls hor, must be very careful.. they don't want you still give.. later give the girl and yourself bad name

No,i'm not taking any offense and your's is of no offense either.
    It's just that they're shoving me options which are neither here nor there.
    Of course offering meals would be the best but one must know the market rates for "tom,dick,harry,jane,mary".
    I'm no pro but i believe that no matter wheather the other party is a pro model or not,it is basic courtesy to be able to offer them a basic market price should they turn down your request for lunch/dinner.
    just basic courtesy la

Another reason to offer monies is also because since i'm pretty sure i can't produce good shots as yet,it will not be nice to waste his/her time.
    Hence,monies will be good if the initial offer of meal fails.

Why i felt catch was giving mix answers is because he does not encourage paying money but rather,produce good TFCD shots for them and if i can't then don't offer them TFCD[which brings us back to me having to offer them meal or monies]

If girl don't want money then meal loh and if the don't want meal too,good for poor joe like me.
    More money for lenses.
    Shove money to them for what...i'll rather be treating my guy friends.
    Last edited by dotaboy; 18th January 2008 at 12:38 AM.

it's actually very simple, after so many posts, i believe you can make out that there's no such market rate. it's purely between you and your friend, and what the two of you want to make out of it. as such, like i mentioned earlier, you two can discuss over it and decide between yourselves what is the best deal.

you see ar..

tom dick harry jane joseph jordan ar

they are not models, they are not in the market, but you're forcing them to go into the market
    so obviously no one has any idea how much a person who's being asked to model by a friend should be paid
    if girl a want $50, girl c thinks she's worth $10000000 to shoot.. then how?

why not just ask them, if they are willing i think most of them will just agree to do it for free.. or for a drink or something. friend friend candid shot, portrait, why involve money? later you offer too little then what they really want if they enter modelling industry.. they offended.. you offer too much, then they paiseh.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    since u cant get decent pics
    scared u cant produce decent pics on TFCD

might as well pay for a model who can pose rather than a friend who cant pose
    then the $ is worthwhile ..
    but sometimes,u know your friend has a certain personality which is very good to bring out in photos[sporty,fun,etc]

Ask some of the model shoot organisers here... See how much they pay for Xhrs with X numbers of photographers shooting...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

dotaboy,
    Catchlights gave the very best advice...so far
    Unless the model wannabe is drop dead gorgeous, and u badly want to shoot her(but she not really keen)
    so u suggest tfcd[with monetary support]
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

In your situation, there is no such thing as "market rate" coz both of you are not "pro"....
    but if you insist to pay CASH, then by all means pay what YOU think is fair and reasonable. There are also many other ways to repay your "model", such as treating her to a meal, bring her for a shopping spree and pay for her to the amount you are comfortable, pay her with some Shopping Vouchers (Metro, POSB, etc..).
    You will be surprised, that a lot of these "models" will not want to take your monies/payments even if you insist on paying, from my own personal experiences.
    IMO, Catchlights gave you some good advices ....
    Last edited by Canonised; 18th January 2008 at 01:35 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Member/Tangshooter

Wah..an juan ah neh gan kau..just join the model shoot u comfortable in paying lah..

How much u gonna pay me for the suggestion?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12