Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would u still buy Canon 400d ?

Default Re: would u still buy Canon 400d ?

Quote Originally Posted by tensai7 View Post
    oh no. I'm buying the 400D like tmr. does it mean i should wait?
    What i was thinkin is that even if 450D come out, it'll be more exp rite? Or should i wait cuz 400D price will drop. I was given $1190 for the 400D and the normal kit lens (18-55mm, non IS). should i wait?

ps: hope u dun mind me crashing your thread

nah .. dun worry its ok . Since u got a question just ask ! Well .. my fren is bothered cos he feels tat 450d will be packed with more features . However in my own opinion I feel tat 400d is good enough for a beginner . My auntie bought me a set of 400d kit and i am having fun with it . STill learning along the way . However , to each his own . Maybe u can listen to more advise and decide if u shud just buy the camera tomorrow or wait ?

For my opinion, learn your cam's full features,push it to it's limit..and u'll realize that it's not just the camera; Rather it's on the eyes behind it. Take good pictures and not techie features,like live view etc. Its pretty lame to rely on it,better yet,just use a PNS.
    Kidding aside, 400D is a very good cam,a reliable one as long as you know HOW to use it.Maybe instead of buying that 450D,invest on L lense(s) when you can.
    again just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kultchris View Post
    nah .. dun worry its ok . Since u got a question just ask ! Well .. my fren is bothered cos he feels tat 450d will be packed with more features .
    The number of features isn't a very useful gauge. Look for the features that are important to you/your friend. More features sometimes also means that the individual features are not very well thought through, or the user interface gets very cumbersome.

Imagine how the pros do it before with old 3-5 megapixel cameras with shitty features. Their pictures could surely be anything less than intense and powerful. Now you got a 10.1 megapixel camera with useful speed and precision at a price that most people can easily afford with a few months pay.

Thus, get it and do it! You're buying a camera to shoot photos, not solely to enjoy technologic features Remember, features help but its just another step to make you more lazy and learn less.
    Functional disorder

Quote Originally Posted by tensai7 View Post
    oh no. I'm buying the 400D like tmr. does it mean i should wait?
    What i was thinkin is that even if 450D come out, it'll be more exp rite? Or should i wait cuz 400D price will drop. I was given $1190 for the 400D and the normal kit lens (18-55mm, non IS). should i wait?

ps: hope u dun mind me crashing your thread
    i will suggest that you wait if u do not need the camera urgently. Cos price of 400D will most probably drop when the new 450D come out.

why not? 400d is a good cam.....

Even with live view i dont think its really good o keep it on all the time. will kill battery so fast... Also how do you know the 450D wont have any bugs. it may have its own problems.

the 450d is officially out .. with very impressive specs at a supposedly low price

I doubt that the price for 450d will be around 1300. Whe i Got my 400D when it was first launched, cost me 1700 with the 18-55. The 450D should be around that price too.
    Shahrul Esa

Well, with the suggest RP of 799 w/ IS kit lens from our US Counterparts, we shd be working around 799 *1.42 = 1158

However, in view of the poor exchange rates US are having + SG (always pop prices upwards) - Expect it to be around 1400ish

Like all the other " the person behind the viewfinder is wat it matters most " replies, since he already gotten a wonderful body, just shoot and be happy. There is no more point brooding over it liao ( although many of us might share his heartache )

But IMHO, if there is not much of an urgency getting a body and that the launch of the next body being imminent, i would not get an older body. Can always wait for the new pricing and reviews and reconsider the purchase.

Cheers
    Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12