Thread: Lens Code and shutter count

Default Lens Code and shutter count

Hi guys i got a very newbie question.

ive been checking the lens sold in here and notice the lens code they put for example

Lens code: UU******

how do u know what year is this lens using this no.

and one more how do u know your shutter count?

sorry for the very newbie question, thanks!

Default Re: Lens Code and shutter count

the lens code is just let you know when is the lens manufacture date in japan , only for canon L Lens
    we dun know how old is the lens , the lens can be in the stock for more than 1 to 2 year?

shuttercount is a program to check the no of shoot on the DSLR camera
    Hasselblad H4D-60, H2F,CFV, Leica MP, M9, MP3, M3, M6TTL, Canon NEW F-1, OD F-1, F-1,BICAM

Quote Originally Posted by 2peng View Post
    Hi guys i got a very newbie question.

ive been checking the lens sold in here and notice the lens code they put for example

Lens code: UU******

how do u know what year is this lens using this no.

and one more how do u know your shutter count?

sorry for the very newbie question, thanks!
    as for the shutter count i think it is better for you to ask it depending on what brand.. coz different brand/model different way of checking..

Thanks my camera is 400d,

for the lens code for example Lens code: UU****** how will u know its that year? as what i know lens age's not realy that important its how the owner take care of his/her lens its just that im wondering how you know what this letter represent.

thanks

for shutter count i would use this program called iexif and than take a shot with a camera following by right clicking the image (on the pc)selecting the option view exif information followed by tracing the shutter count from there....need further help kindly pm me ty
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Thanks my camera is 400d,

for the lens code for example Lens code: UU****** how will u know its that year? as what i know lens age's not realy that important its how the owner take care of his/her lens its just that im wondering how you know what this letter represent.

thanks
    This question about Canon lens code has been asked repeatedly in Clubsnap's Canon sub-forum here where there is such a thread recently just a few days ago and you can find the answer there.

Thanks spazzer ill try that, il message u in case got some problem

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/C...ens-Aging.aspx and i manage to find this link regarding the lens code thanks again

click on the image for larger viewing this is where u would see your shutter count hope that helps
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Thanks spazzer ill try that, il message u in case got some problem

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/C...ens-Aging.aspx and i manage to find this link regarding the lens code thanks again
    welcome