Thread: How do you carry your cam around casually?

Default How do you carry your cam around casually?

I'm thinking how everyone carries their K10Ds, especially with the grip around, without a bag. I feel the strap is too short to carry easily and comfortably and it makes it look like i'm very serious and nerdy ... i also feel too awkward to take my cam outta my small bag so i'm looking of an alternative to carry the cam by hand or something... Any ideas? I heard of hand grips too but i don't know how well they work. Wonder if theres like short straps that can make a handle on top of the camera?
    Functional disorder

Default Re: How do you carry your cam around casually?

this is an alternative, just to show you what it looks like

i prefer it around my neck though. don't need to hold it when walking around, yet it'll be ready whenever i need it

what is more important? looking good with your camera or getting the shot? that is something you should ask yourself, and there is no right or wrong answer actually

For me, sometimes neck sling, side sling and wrap strap around wrist twice and grip hand grip.

well im not just wanting to look good, just feel awkward on my neck cuz the camera bounces on and off my tummy so i have to hold it with my hand... this gesture makes me focus my attention on the cam abit too carefully so i thought a lil strap would be cool like carry it like a bag. Speed doesnt matter too much to me cuz usually i think alot before i shoot and mainly shoot slow things

Where can i find a strap like that anyway?
    Functional disorder

Quote Originally Posted by ilario View Post
    well im not just wanting to look good, just feel awkward on my neck cuz the camera bounces on and off my tummy so i have to hold it with my hand...
    It has become a second natural for me to just put my arm/hand over the camera everytime i neck sling.

i carry it in my sling bag and juz leave it there till when i find that i need to take a shot than i would take it out
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

sorry for hijacking the thread, what bags do you recommend if i want to travel really light with just a k10 mated with 16-50, a spare battery and 2 cards? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eebee View Post
    sorry for hijacking the thread, what bags do you recommend if i want to travel really light with just a k10 mated with 16-50, a spare battery and 2 cards? thanks!
    I think ur looking at holsters... something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-85100-S.../dp/B00005ABE2

im thinking probably a holster may work... anyone knows where can i shop for them?
    Functional disorder

well im not just wanting to look good, just feel awkward on my neck cuz the camera bounces on and off my tummy so i have to hold it with my hand... this gesture makes me focus my attention on the cam abit too carefully so i thought a lil strap would be cool like carry it like a bag. Speed doesnt matter too much to me cuz usually i think alot before i shoot and mainly shoot slow things

Where can i find a strap like that anyway?
    lol, the site i linked you to, is ppcp

a singaporean site! can buy from there

ya, i know what you mean about the bouncing part.. that one lagi boh pian
    sometimes when i have to walk faster then i just shove it a little to the side, won't bounce so much

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lol, the site i linked you to, is ppcp

a singaporean site! can buy from there
    ahh didn't notice... cuz .com hahah
    Functional disorder

I will use my hand to carry it around since K100D is small while I got a big hand.
    Let's get rolling :)

i use matin handstrap. it works fine. i prefer it to the neckstrap.

I think ur looking at holsters... something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-85100-S.../dp/B00005ABE2

im thinking probably a holster may work... anyone knows where can i shop for them?
    The K10D is too big and isn't too balanced for a holster style bag, imo. Get a sling style bag like the Tamrac Velocity 7 or 9, a Domke, Tenba, Crumpler, etc. I feel that no matter what the brand it must allow you to shoot quickly and unobtrusively.

A handstrap is useful if the camera is heavy but it also means you always got to take it out of a bag when you want to shoot if you're not holding it in your hand. I like using a neck strap because it can be used to steady your arm.

Usually strap around my neck with camera pointing to the front if i am taking slow walk and trying to spot something interesting to shoot.
    If walk in crowded places, i will rest my wrist on the lens to minimise my camera from "bouncing" off me and hit the incoming people.
    Else if i am making my way to another location in a pace faster than usual, i simply sling it on my back with my camera "sitting"on my crumpler.
    Find that i can grab my camera faster should i spot anything to shoot.