Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colours

read somewhere that a lens is at it's sharpness when it's at 2 or 3 stops lower than it's widest aperture.
    Originally posted by bearycute
    i dun think having a big aperture ie f/2.8 is going to turn the picture bland. I think aperture affects more of DOF instead. But if possible, stop down to have sharper pics.

The bland might be due to the auto WB. Bring a white card with u and set the WB. See whether that helps...

read somewhere that a lens is at it's sharpness when it's at 2 or 3 stops lower than it's widest aperture.
    depends on your lens as well, different lens have different F for sharpness.

Originally posted by silver.wolf
    hmmm ... i'm learning from these people .. good stuffs!

does that mean we have to set white balance every time we go different places to take shots??
    Well, that is the suggested thing to do to render a pic as close as possible to the true colour. And i think it does not take a long time to do it. just a matter of making it as part of your habit before taking a pic. Anyway, just a little suggestion. instead of using a white card, use a red, blue or any colour card (or just use any interesting coloured objects you can find in the scene) to set the WB. U might get quite interesting effect...

cOol!! sounds interesting ... okie, i will give it a try

Originally posted by bearycute
    Well, that is the suggested thing to do to render a pic as close as possible to the true colour. And i think it does not take a long time to do it. just a matter of making it as part of your habit before taking a pic. Anyway, just a little suggestion. instead of using a white card, use a red, blue or any colour card (or just use any interesting coloured objects you can find in the scene) to set the WB. U might get quite interesting effect...
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12