Thread: How to check if cam is used or new ?

Default How to check if cam is used or new ?

Companied my fren down to John 3:16 to get his 400d yesterdae . However after he got home , he realised theres some slight abrasions on the grip there . Does this means that the cam has been used before ? He say though the abrasion is small but its visible . As he is not a clubsnapper , I am posting here on his behalf . Just wondering if its normal or if the cam's been used before . Thanks

Default Re: How to check if cam is used or new ?

some other shoppers might have played with the camera before when considering the ones they want to buy. That's normal. BUt if you're not hapy, take it back and talk to them to see if you can get a newer one
    Last edited by shahrulesa; 16th January 2008 at 12:33 PM.
    Shahrul Esa

Quote Originally Posted by shahrulesa View Post
    some other shoppers might have played with the camera before when considering the ones they want to buy. That's normal. BUt if you're not hapy, take it back and talk to them to see if you can get a newer one
    True

One way is to check the shutter count...

I'm not a Canon user... so maybe someone who is can advise how to check shutter count for Canon DSLRs.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

Thanks everyone ! my fren went to check the shuttercount at canon . Its new .. just tat there is some stains or light abrasions at the grip there . Thanks to all who have been helpful