Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital Cameras can't make it?

Originally posted by Scriabinesque
    On the consumer end I suppose there isn't exactly that much that can be done, but on the industrial end, quite a lot can be done with the prints. Somehow it just looks and feels different from Minilab prints. Not referring to any particular photographic medium here, just the output, digital or negatives.
    Actually there's a lot that can be done at the consumer end of the industry to lift it's printing standards, however the investments in technology and more importantly training and staff development, higher wages etc aren't worth the additional returns for most Minilab operators.
    This is particularly the case for those Minilabs that are operating in the major Minilab promotion and quality assurance schemes such as Kodak Q-Labs ,Fuji's Image Plaza etc, as the major Lab chain contracts don't allow the Lab much freedom of choice in developing and printing equipment, paper, chemistry and so on.

A genuine prolab on the other hand has no restictions placed upon it and normally they can source the best technologies, for their operations such as DRGB based video analyzers and printers rather than the more limited CMYD based systems that Minilabs are saddled with. Then there are paper choices, chemistry and so on. All of these factors plus well trained staff make a massive difference to the output quality.

Of particular interest at present are moves amongst the big players to standardise more aspects of printing technology to allow more consistent results from Minilabs worldwide including updated ISO standards for chemistry, paper and backprinting.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

It's at the beginning of the cycle. Which is good, that gives prosumers more options, but also has its fair share of negativeness, because that ruins the market share of professional labs. That's why professional labs cannot compromise on giving that special edge to what's available to the masses. That's also why professional labs still provides better options and results.

velve
    Guests

Default looks like we are flooded with top dogs

haha, looking at the seriousness of this topic i decided to click to see what i can learn.

looks like the first few replies to this thread has been nothing but some egoist trying to flaunt the num of digital cam he has, besides trying to rank himself. Of course if someone were big enough to claim his is within top 100 of some pic net place, i decided to pop by and have a glance at his pic.

and god, was i blown away, looking at the series 'old people'

it is surprising how that individual can persist to fool not us, but himself, that he is in the top league in the mastery of the paint of light, (photography)

may i the ignorant recommmend someone with MORE substance such as learphoto.com , magnumphotos.org .

till then i hope that such egoistic display be restricted to one's own head, haha, top 100, what a gd joke.

Default i've no comment on this

No comments.

I'd recommend Ralph Gibson

erm dumb question but I need an opinion.

is the coolpix5000 and the dimage 7i considered consumer or professional? please don't tell me pro-sumer... that's marketing lingo.. (word doesn't exist and don't mean a thing)

ClubSNAP Admin

Originally posted by phero-man
    erm dumb question but I need an opinion.

is the coolpix5000 and the dimage 7i considered consumer or professional? please don't tell me pro-sumer... that's marketing lingo.. (word doesn't exist and don't mean a thing)
    Consumer Amature Digicam

High end consumer range of goods.

the pen is mightier than the sword... but the tongue pierces the strongest armour.... please be kind with words...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123