Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advises whether to bring DSLR to Bangkok?

Default Re: Advises whether to bring DSLR to Bangkok?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Wah your Singapore is really small..

Having that 'been there, done that' attitude, no wonder you're bored of shooting in Singapore.
    Perhaps architecture photography's not for him or perhaps he's not looking and thinking hard enuff.

Kinda like..... Travelling. People head to a country, jump straight to the capital, spend a couple of days there and said that they had 'been to this country'.

Blog Entries

if your family is worried about it

tell them your uncle got friends in BKK

and buy travel insurance, sometimes your tripod can come back in 3 pieces

http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=343756

basically, if you want to take photos - bring camera
    if not - don't bring camera

but where got tourist without camera wan

When we photographers travel, we actually feel more inspired to take pictures. Our creative juices start flowing when we see sights and culture that is alien to our Singapore environment. So do bring along your SLR and don't be afraid. There are more dangerous places in the world to bring an expensive SLR... Bangkok is not one of them.

Anyway, if you visit the touristy places in Bangkok e.g. Grand Palace, the Temple tours, Chao Phraya river there are plenty of tourists with their cameras and camcorders. Like I said before, the criminals are not interested in your photographic equipment....they are more interested in what's inside your wallet!

A couple of points to note. A number of the shopping centers the do not allow photography on their premises. I was stopped once by a security guard in Gaysorn Plaza.

Also the cinemas in the Bangkok check your bags before you enter the viewing hall for video and still cameras. I had to surrender my digital compact when I watched a movie there and then collect it back after the movie.

350d user too

anyway, just take good care of your camera and post some photos to share with us when you're back. i don't think you'll be the only one shooting with dslr there

I just came back from a 2 week stay in Thailand. 1 week in Bangkok and 1 week in Koh Samui. my camera went everywhere with me, even on the beaches at Koh Phangnan. needless to say I never left it unattended, and had no major dramas. in fact, I encountered a few people with DSLRs, many of them Canon users with L lenses attached to it.

the only drama I had was when I was on an elephant in Ayutthuya, where a stray hair appeared on my viewfinder. after countless attempts to get it off with what I have *aka a lens pen and the feathered end*, I realised that it was inside the camera, and couldn't get it out without a blower. I stupidly forgot my blower and my lens pen *had to buy one from Fotofile in MBK, but opted out on the blower.*

it didn't appear on any of my images, so I paid not much attention to it.

overall, would I bring my 40D again? yes. would I do anything else different? yeah. I would. my blower, lenspen, and less external flash and 28-105, and to replace my Tokina ATX 20-35 to the Canon EFS 10-22 instead.

YAY.

bringing along.
    its a MUST cos bangkok is sucha beautiful country

thanks to the seniors for all the guidance

Bangkok's the capital my dear, not the country.

alright I'm being anal. hope you have fun. I certainly miss Thailand very much, especially Bangkok and Koh Samui, seeing how these two are like my third home, after Melbourne and Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    Bangkok's the capital my dear, not the country.

alright I'm being anal. hope you have fun. I certainly miss Thailand very much, especially Bangkok and Koh Samui, seeing how these two are like my third home, after Melbourne and Singapore.
    LOL!

ur sure are being anal =S

if u are worried of being robbed, just get those black tapes and paste on the brand name... it helps.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 6th March 2008 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    if u are worried of being robbed, just get those black tapes and paste on the brand name... it helps.
    Like how?

You think a thief will see a dSLR camera and not steal it just because the brand name is covered? If a car thief sees a car left running and unattended, I think he will just kope the car, whether or not it is Honda or Proton Saga.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123