Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Macbook AIR !!

  1. #21

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    the new mb air can last 5hr of usage wif wifi... somemore on battery

    bad thing too slim no optical drive

  2. #22
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by junniee View Post
    the new mb air can last 5hr of usage wif wifi... somemore on battery

    bad thing too slim no optical drive
    Good for lady carry.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    at 3K, that thing qualifies as a big piece of ****. Too many items that I would prefer to have are removed. stereo sound, USB ports etc

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    I think the price a bit steep.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Actually its price is in line with what sub-notebooks from other manufacturers are going for.

    Like all new Apple gizmos, it pays to wait for at least the second revision of it. I'll probably hold out until the price of the flash drive normalizes. It's still in the novelty stage.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    at 3K, that thing qualifies as a big piece of ****. Too many items that I would prefer to have are removed. stereo sound, USB ports etc
    LCD, keyboard, touch pad, etc as well right? DC power plug too!
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Actually its price is in line with what sub-notebooks from other manufacturers are going for.

    Like all new Apple gizmos, it pays to wait for at least the second revision of it. I'll probably hold out until the price of the flash drive normalizes. It's still in the novelty stage.
    But in term of features like more diskspace, built-in DVD drive, more USB ports, maybe MBA price is more ex?

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    like i said, rumours mar

    price damn high sia for the specs usd$1799
    trust me.. ppl will still flock to it. Everyone needs an ultraslim right?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    trust me.. ppl will still flock to it. Everyone needs an ultraslim right?
    until they realize that the amt of stuff it cant do and amt of care required to take care it.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    its true... not making a judgement on it since it is just introduced, but good or bad, people will flock to it...

  11. #31

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    trust me.. ppl will still flock to it. Everyone needs an ultraslim right?
    i know

    when it was just released and my friend (avid apple fan) told me, i was fooling around the site to try to look at stats for fun.. when i click pre-order button

    the website just hang there for damn long, should be heavy traffic to the pre-order page.

  12. #32
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Actually its price is in line with what sub-notebooks from other manufacturers are going for.

    Like all new Apple gizmos, it pays to wait for at least the second revision of it. I'll probably hold out until the price of the flash drive normalizes. It's still in the novelty stage.
    You got to be kidding right? In line with other sub-notebooks? hehehe You wanna look at Sony Viao Ultra light notebook's specs and then look at the new Macbook..it is like comparing apple to orange ( pardon the pun) This new MacBook is a great "how lian" show boat toy for sure and over sized PDA personally. I would rather stick to the Sony Viao or the Macbook pro leh for that kind of money heh. Before I could think of what I could do with this one...I could think of many things I can't do with it. Yes it is sexy though.... that much I give you.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    no firewire right...and the better specs on cost $5000 plus with a ext drive...so not worth it
    Last edited by Lumiere; 16th January 2008 at 07:04 PM.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You got to be kidding right? In line with other sub-notebooks? hehehe You wanna look at Sony Viao Ultra light notebook's specs and then look at the new Macbook..it is like comparing apple to orange ( pardon the pun) This new MacBook is a great "how lian" show boat toy for sure and over sized PDA personally. I would rather stick to the Sony Viao or the Macbook pro leh for that kind of money heh. Before I could think of what I could do with this one...I could think of many things I can't do with it. Yes it is sexy though.... that much I give you.
    Well, sex sells. Get over it.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Guys, you're missing the point. It's not meant to be a feature-packed, geek-pride gizmo. So if you're into features, firepower, etc, look elsewhere.

    It's targeted squarely at the so-called "lifestyle" crowd, the kind that spends a few thousands on a fashion accessory only to forsake it next season. Cash-rich geeks will buy it too, as I'd be surprised if they don't already own another full-function notebook/desktop to use as the main computing platform. Of course, there'll always be airheads (no pun intended) who view and buy the macbook air as their main ride, can't be helped.

    No money, no honey

  16. #36
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Guys, you're missing the point. It's not meant to be a feature-packed, geek-pride gizmo. So if you're into features, firepower, etc, look elsewhere.

    It's targeted squarely at the so-called "lifestyle" crowd, the kind that spends a few thousands on a fashion accessory only to forsake it next season. Cash-rich geeks will buy it too, as I'd be surprised if they don't already own another full-function notebook/desktop to use as the main computing platform. Of course, there'll always be airheads (no pun intended) who view and buy the macbook air as their main ride, can't be helped.

    No money, no honey
    Thus I say "how lian" show boat toy" heheh.. This one will do well in Asia for sure. We are still so stuck to that materialistic one-upmanship 24/7. Stay tune...appearing at an outdoor cafe or MRT near you in the near future. heheheh.... I like it when someone at DIGG wrote that they should call this the "MacBook Paris Hilton"

  17. #37

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I like it when someone at DIGG wrote that they should call this the "MacBook Paris Hilton"
    Not until it comes in pink

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Actually its price is in line with what sub-notebooks from other manufacturers are going for.

    Like all new Apple gizmos, it pays to wait for at least the second revision of it. I'll probably hold out until the price of the flash drive normalizes. It's still in the novelty stage.
    Compared to the small Sony models I've seen in the U.S.A., the MacBook Air is cheaper and more powerful. Sony has been selling a 1.0 GHz model for US$2000 and Apple is selling a 1.6 GHz model for US$1800.

    Still, it's not for me but I'm sure a lot of people with money to waste will buy one. I'd spend the extra US$200 and buy a MacBook Pro or better yet, spend US$100 fewer and get a refurbished MacBook Pro.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    There is no ethernet port for MacBook air.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Macbook AIR !!

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    There is no ethernet port for MacBook air.
    I wonder why

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •