Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 438

Thread: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

  1. #341
    Member D100S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Somehwere near the medical centre(don't know whether it still is a medical centre!). There was a fenced up installation we had to sort of defend!


  2. #342

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Cheese, how come u go thru the POW treatment. U have gone thru Singapore ranger course? Some of the officers who involved in the news were my former instructors. So jialat under the old system. Nowadays, they so gd life still got pp suicide. I guess pp now softer.

    Talking abt the jerry can, my company's record for one person finishing a jerry can of water is 4 hours. Terok man. Lucky, I never kena.

    Talking abt overseas training, my friend was possessed and we heard the mayday over the comms. That joker suddenly woke up in the night and sat up straight. His section mates saw what happened and immediately put on their boots preparing for action. Suddenly, he bolted barefooted into the darkness. Imagine Brunei terrain and being barefooted in jungle. His section mates ran after him and subdued him. Tied him using toggle ropes and he was struggling madly. In the end, they tied him to the tree using toggle ropes. His section mates were kind of prepared cause he was not himself the whole day. According to him later, he claimed that a boy is following him and claimed that he wanted to take his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by D100S View Post
    I was a PC during my NS days(ended up as Coy 2 i/c for the last 2 ICTs). During an exercise(1 PDF type) in Tekong my men and I had this interesting experience. It was like thursday night just before midnite(Malays believe Thurs nite is ghosts playtime!). A nice fragrant filled the tent we were in. My runner and medic and 2 other soldiers looked at each other and didnt say a word. After midnite, the fragrance turned into a strong stench! Suddenly all the guys in the tent became religious, reciting verses of any good Book they know! Nobody slept the whole night!
    At another location, we experienced hair raising activities everytime we passed by it. It can really grip you!
    Top of it all, while driving past somewhere near the Fibua or Cibua trg area, we saw a lady in white waving at us. The driver went like crazy and drove like he was going to win the 4WD GP!
    The saddest experience was when I lost a silver chain my late grandma gave me while bathing in the old camp's showers. It just disappeared from the place I left it, which was like a few cms from me!
    Tekong - a place where spirits and souls are left to wander!
    So the White lady at FIBUA is true lah as you actually saw her... Luckily I don't hv to go there anymore Only time is if I were to have a son andgo visit him during Parent visiting day
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  3. #343

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    What is the place which made your hair stand?

    Btw are there huge urns where recruits has to pass through while patrolling?
    they could be the same pots they found in punggol and some other places in singapore. Early days big pots were used as containers, some are filled with soil to use as temporary walls, or to stop soil erosion.

    Pottery found

    how big were the pots seen?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  4. #344
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Relax la....Reds buang u also no like dat, u old enough to be his father lei...
    i'm very young leh!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #345
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    they could be the same pots they found in punggol and some other places in singapore. Early days big pots were used as containers, some are filled with soil to use as temporary walls, or to stop soil erosion.

    Pottery found

    how big were the pots seen?
    But from what my facilitator said today,it was used to filled bones by the malays who lived there long ago.
    he said there some urns were smashed and ashes could be seen.
    Most of the urns were reclaimed by families of the mainland but the rest stayed there...unclaimed..

    Well he said they were TALL.

  6. #346

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i'm very young leh!!
    I am very sure if you short gunned at 16 yrs old then you can be his father liao
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  7. #347
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    I am very sure if you short gunned at 16 yrs old then you can be his father liao
    wa! GHOST AH!!!

    anyway, my maths damn jiaklat la. but i m only 18 this yr and already ROD liao.


    u commandos only do 7rs? or 8yrs reservist?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #348
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa! GHOST AH!!!

    anyway, my maths damn jiaklat la. but i m only 18 this yr and already ROD liao.


    u commandos only do 7rs? or 8yrs reservist?
    Don't lie.
    How can u ROD when only 18....

  9. #349
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Don't lie.
    How can u ROD when only 18....
    Spare the ROD, Spoil the child...

    Bad Cheesecake...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #350
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa! GHOST AH!!!

    anyway, my maths damn jiaklat la. but i m only 18 this yr and already ROD liao.


    u commandos only do 7rs? or 8yrs reservist?
    Thats why we help u calculate ... n u sure old enough to be his ah pa...

  11. #351
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Thats why we help u calculate ... n u sure old enough to be his ah pa...
    That's why i say cheesecak vintage liao

  12. #352
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    But from what my facilitator said today,it was used to filled bones by the malays who lived there long ago.
    he said there some urns were smashed and ashes could be seen.
    Most of the urns were reclaimed by families of the mainland but the rest stayed there...unclaimed..

    Well he said they were TALL.
    i thought by the islamic tradition, have to be buried?

  13. #353
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by D100S View Post
    I was a PC during my NS days(ended up as Coy 2 i/c for the last 2 ICTs). During an exercise(1 PDF type) in Tekong my men and I had this interesting experience. It was like thursday night just before midnite(Malays believe Thurs nite is ghosts playtime!). A nice fragrant filled the tent we were in. My runner and medic and 2 other soldiers looked at each other and didnt say a word. After midnite, the fragrance turned into a strong stench! Suddenly all the guys in the tent became religious, reciting verses of any good Book they know! Nobody slept the whole night!
    At another location, we experienced hair raising activities everytime we passed by it. It can really grip you!
    Top of it all, while driving past somewhere near the Fibua or Cibua trg area, we saw a lady in white waving at us. The driver went like crazy and drove like he was going to win the 4WD GP!
    The saddest experience was when I lost a silver chain my late grandma gave me while bathing in the old camp's showers. It just disappeared from the place I left it, which was like a few cms from me!
    Tekong - a place where spirits and souls are left to wander!
    thursdays are fine, i did 24km and 32km route marches, both on thursdays

  14. #354

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    If I am nit wrong you can enlist yourself into Army at age of 16, thats the youngest
    Commando do 6 high key for the Strike Company and the other type (cannot say) do 6 high, 2 low
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  15. #355
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    i thought by the islamic tradition, have to be buried?
    Then i don't know le but my teacher doing his NS that time said it had bones in them..

  16. #356
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I always had very strong uneasy feeling when go to Kg Unum mangrove area. Not only me, my elder brother also said that.

    Maybe subconsciously we feel uneasy because of what we had previously heard or something really out there.

    But that is a place that i don't really want to set a foot on.

    *wink*

    if you see lots of fireflys.. that is kinda uncommon though :P but the fireflies require lots of phosphate to power the luciferin reaction.. and.. incidentally bones are rich in phosphate (calcium phosphate)

    hehehe.
    but there are a lot of first hand accounts on happenings arnd unum.

  17. #357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Then i don't know le but my teacher doing his NS that time said it had bones in them..
    hahaha ok lah..

    bones that scary meh?

  18. #358

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    i thought by the islamic tradition, have to be buried?
    thot they have to buried in a certain position, grave marked by two tombstone or something. (there's a term for it, i forgot. apologies no offence)
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  19. #359
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    *wink*

    if you see lots of fireflys.. that is kinda uncommon though :P but the fireflies require lots of phosphate to power the luciferin reaction.. and.. incidentally bones are rich in phosphate (calcium phosphate)

    hehehe.
    but there are a lot of first hand accounts on happenings arnd unum.
    care to say what's wrong with the mangrove swamp?

  20. #360

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Ya heard that before the mangrove swamp at the North-east area and got lost there too whats the story there?
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •