Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 611141516171821 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 438

Thread: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

  1. #301
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i heard that no pork is allowed in some place of tekong island.
    Whatever it is,so many stories can make ppl chua sai...

  2. #302
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa, sure or not

    oni officers right

    otherwise i surely join becos i want the $$ .
    Not too sure if only officers....but i remembered my whole BMT in 7BTS without PC. Then, he came back after passing out towards the end of my BMT and my entire platoon thinking this time siao liao......the siao lang come back liao sure tekan us ranger style...haha......lucky we going to pass out so no tekan.....the next batch don't know how.....

  3. #303
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Something actually bothers me.

    Apart from mishap occurig from military training,why are there so many spirits of long ago?

  4. #304
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Whatever it is,so many stories can make ppl chua sai...
    we were told by CSM some camps were formerly muslim graveyards, so therefore pork is not allow on the premises.

  5. #305
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i heard that no pork is allowed in some place of tekong island.
    Well...

    I ate pork there for a whole week... nothing happened to me...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  6. #306
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Something actually bothers me.

    Apart from mishap occurig from military training,why are there so many spirits of long ago?
    The only way to know would be to open GS table and ask them when you get there....don't forget the benches......might get crowded......

  7. #307
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Something actually bothers me.

    Apart from mishap occurig from military training,why are there so many spirits of long ago?
    apart from the paranormal issues, the place is hotter than any part of mainland Singapore.

    there is a place somewhere, where the magnetic compass will go weird ! the needle spins like mad...

  8. #308
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i heard that no pork is allowed in some place of tekong island.
    yup.


    heard of the Yun-Tun noodles incident?

    apparently during one such parent visiting visit to the old camp 1, one recruit's mum bought a packet of yun-tun noodles for him la. as we all know, yun-tun noodles contain char siew n dumplings, which are made with pork la.

    the recruit left the yun-tun noodles inside the locker n ate it later in the evening.

    tat night when the parents left and the recruits went to bed, this particular locker that had the yun-tun noodles inside for a while in the day, rocked n shook so hard the whole platoon woke up to see the commotion.

    apparently some temple medium has to be invited down from the local temple to stop the whole commotion.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #309
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    Not too sure if only officers....but i remembered my whole BMT in 7BTS without PC. Then, he came back after passing out towards the end of my BMT and my entire platoon thinking this time siao liao......the siao lang come back liao sure tekan us ranger style...haha......lucky we going to pass out so no tekan.....the next batch don't know how.....
    oic
    din't know tat as i tot the RANGER course is a new novelty opened for NSF.
    most of them come out become dingdong la. sadist, some of them.


    airborne confirm for regulars n commandos only.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #310
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well...

    I ate pork there for a whole week... nothing happened to me...
    when i was in Camp 3, the CSM and Sgt pleaded with us not to bring pork. Reason is becos the previous BMT batch had a woman sitting on the cabinet in my bunk at night.. someone disobeyed and the horror show got started.

  11. #311
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    The only way to know would be to open GS table and ask them when you get there....don't forget the benches......might get crowded......
    sure or not? now still use GS TABLES n CHAIRS MEH!!


    tot that is during our classic time.



    wait they carry here there, injure themselves, how??
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #312
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    my bunk mate heard someone shouted "fall in.." at 3am from the parade sq.

    ......... but there was no one at the parade sq.

  13. #313

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa, sure or not

    oni officers right

    otherwise i surely join becos i want the $$ .
    SGT can volunteer liao not sure about CPL yup the year should be around 1994-95, If I am not wrong 2 NSF pass out as a Ranger from that batch
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  14. #314

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa, sure or not

    oni officers right

    otherwise i surely join becos i want the $$ .
    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    That fellow, my company mate drink and vomit continuously loh. It is usual to drink min of 2 litres 1 shot loh. Drink and vomit also. Theory from the instructor is that once u vomit means u have enough water. The worse is once our instructor was so mad with one sabo king and punish the whole grp by making us eat a lot and drink a lot, then do pushups. Wah lau eh, vomit out everything in front of us.

    Yeah, the instructors were quite sadistic when during our 1st yr of commando trg but during our operational days, we can laugh abt it. We are not that complaint type and went thru all those nonsense like sleeping in toilet, stand by cupboard in parade square, change parade, fall in toothbrush, mess tin, etc, etc. Nearly went bonkers during those periods. However, can appreciate why the instructors did that. Go thru siong mission also can take it. Make us feel like real men. Imagine those trained by Israelites . Lesser pp fall out.

    Our later companies did not go thru so much nonsense cause we had a big case in our batch. Since then, the juniors had a slightly better time but less tolerance also.
    Bro you from Hendon camp also? I am from the Lion Company
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  15. #315
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Bro you from Hendon camp also? I am from the Lion Company
    Cannot remember the camp name but training was in the old camp. Beside Changi hospital. Less monitoring as very far from HQ. More than ten yrs liao. 1st Coy. Right beside the Changi Hospital.

  16. #316

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by megkris View Post
    Realised that there is a lot of recce guys here. Brings back interesting memories....

    The POW course was after my time (luckily) but the training was tough nonetheless...i remember that there was lots of injuries from bike accidents (lots of pple falling asleep while riding back to camp after exercise).

    But i never hallucinate or was too shacked out....I was a TC and my team was only 3 person in a supposedly 4 man team....the most fun part is that you can tuang a lot during exercise w/o authorities, so pretty much anything goes.....Once play mahjong/shower in marsiling farm house.....
    Lucky for me. Six 3SGTs of my platoon were attached to 4 SIR for Thailand exercise as their controllers. Rest of my men went thru the POW course. They told me their terrible experience.

    Anyway I kind of miss Tekong :P :P

    1991 - BMT @ Tekong Camp 3 in Jaguar Platoon
    1992 - 1 SIR as Scout section commander
    1994 - ORD
    1995 to 2005 - Reservist 7 high key and 4 low key
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  17. #317
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    when i was in Camp 3, the CSM and Sgt pleaded with us not to bring pork. Reason is becos the previous BMT batch had a woman sitting on the cabinet in my bunk at night.. someone disobeyed and the horror show got started.


    Who saw the women in the mid of the night?

  18. #318
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    sure or not? now still use GS TABLES n CHAIRS MEH!!


    tot that is during our classic time.



    wait they carry here there, injure themselves, how??
    Nowadays its plastic. last time was wood.

  19. #319
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    I always had very strong uneasy feeling when go to Kg Unum mangrove area. Not only me, my elder brother also said that.

    Maybe subconsciously we feel uneasy because of what we had previously heard or something really out there.

    But that is a place that i don't really want to set a foot on.

  20. #320
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I always had very strong uneasy feeling when go to Kg Unum mangrove area. Not only me, my elder brother also said that.

    Maybe subconsciously we feel uneasy because of what we had previously heard or something really out there.

    But that is a place that i don't really want to set a foot on.
    what is it about that place?

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 611141516171821 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •