Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 438

Thread: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

  1. #261
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    send the OC for culling.

  2. #262

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    got. i'm a tekong resident for full 2.5yrs ns. seen a lot, heard a lot etc. went to serjahat twice too
    so u were there when serjahat was still around? haha
    now reclaimed and barren right? all those buildings demolished, so sad. History gone.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  3. #263

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Mmm didnt notice anything over at tekong....
    i stayed at the old rocky hill camp, old sispec training place, zulu company(new one) didnt see/hear anything suspicious... all i know is that we are not allowed to go to the 6 leveled building across the cook house..

    The only odd thing is that there is a malay talisman pasted on one of the level 2 mirrors, next to the rec annex.

    our CO always mention abt the hot spring + some old lady walking around the parade square with a little girl (anyone seen before?)

  4. #264
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,257

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    that was the former sispec Alpha/Bravo coy :P... nothing much lahh

  5. #265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,257

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    so u were there when serjahat was still around? haha
    now reclaimed and barren right? all those buildings demolished, so sad. History gone.
    yesh..
    my first time there, the metal jetty collapsed. took the HL there

    second time, was already pre-reclamation works going on, got some pontoon already.

  6. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,609

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    From sources,tekong.

    Apparently,there will be a malay girl and granny in the bunk at the late of the night.
    The girl will be bouncing her bball and counting.
    source says that one of the mate in the bunk was not sleeping and saw the girl counting "1,2,3..."
    When she pointed at the mate who wasn't asleep,she shounted,granny he's not sleep"
    Suddenly,both the girl and her granny stood by his bed and stare at him.
    Apparently, they tell every NS-man this story to make them sleep.

    I've heard of it before, from friends who went through NS on Tekong, even recently.

  7. #267
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by inckurei View Post
    Mmm didnt notice anything over at tekong....
    i stayed at the old rocky hill camp, old sispec training place, zulu company(new one) didnt see/hear anything suspicious... all i know is that we are not allowed to go to the 6 leveled building across the cook house..

    The only odd thing is that there is a malay talisman pasted on one of the level 2 mirrors, next to the rec annex.

    our CO always mention abt the hot spring + some old lady walking around the parade square with a little girl (anyone seen before?)

    I though old lady and little girl is about the bunk?
    Aiya,the spring one must be just to prevent ppl from using the ht spring so that the oc themselve can use.

  8. #268
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    What about the statue of the warrant officer in lim chu kang which is said to move at night?

  9. #269
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,807

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    What about the statue of the warrant officer in lim chu kang which is said to move at night?
    oh that statue?lim chu kang camp in front of the HQ block?
    that was my camp
    When i 1st went in,the statue was so old and falling apart
    They've refurbished it.I've heard bout this story before but never encountered anything strange during my time there though

  10. #270

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    from tekong, now lim chu kang liao. hahahahaha
    signal camp, what's with the hq building with the top floor of thrown talisman.
    how true is that?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  11. #271
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    from tekong, now lim chu kang liao. hahahahaha
    signal camp, what's with the hq building with the top floor of thrown talisman.
    how true is that?
    That old place. When I was in that camp doing my signal course training (2004 or 2005), i heard of the story from my platoon mate. That a female cadet committed suicide for some reason i forgot aready. Then even since that day, the floor was haunted.

    During my stay down there we still saw the thrown talismans + offerings but i never encountered anything throughout my stay. Probably too tired from training. However the whole buidling was rumoured to be "not clean" as several of my platoon mate encountered quite a few unhappy incident during our course there. One of which was that my platoon mate from another bunk heard noises (opening of cupboards) from our bunk where there was nobody in there. We had locked our bunk with a lock from outside when we booked out on saturday.

  12. #272
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,200

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Cheese, how come u go thru the POW treatment. U have gone thru Singapore ranger course? Some of the officers who involved in the news were my former instructors. So jialat under the old system. Nowadays, they so gd life still got pp suicide. I guess pp now softer.

    Talking abt the jerry can, my company's record for one person finishing a jerry can of water is 4 hours. Terok man. Lucky, I never kena.

    Talking abt overseas training, my friend was possessed and we heard the mayday over the comms. That joker suddenly woke up in the night and sat up straight. His section mates saw what happened and immediately put on their boots preparing for action. Suddenly, he bolted barefooted into the darkness. Imagine Brunei terrain and being barefooted in jungle. His section mates ran after him and subdued him. Tied him using toggle ropes and he was struggling madly. In the end, they tied him to the tree using toggle ropes. His section mates were kind of prepared cause he was not himself the whole day. According to him later, he claimed that a boy is following him and claimed that he wanted to take his life.

  13. #273

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    basket, u earn S$10k n up per month right!!!! no wonder!
    if only..
    Canonite
    Disciple of the Canonical Order

  14. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,257

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by inckurei View Post
    Mmm didnt notice anything over at tekong....
    i stayed at the old rocky hill camp, old sispec training place, zulu company(new one) didnt see/hear anything suspicious... all i know is that we are not allowed to go to the 6 leveled building across the cook house..

    The only odd thing is that there is a malay talisman pasted on one of the level 2 mirrors, next to the rec annex.

    our CO always mention abt the hot spring + some old lady walking around the parade square with a little girl (anyone seen before?)
    my time dont have lah..

    i stayed in the old alpha block, directly opposite the canteen/cookhouse, i.e. facing the parade square.

    come to think of it, i personally didnt see any ghosts/spirits during my stay on tekong, but i do believe they exist, at least those recruits/trainees have their own share of experiences.

    most people loved to get lost arnd the reservoir.
    kpg unum area had a history.

    the hotspring is quite interesting a place, if you know how to bash, you can hit the coast in a couple hundred metres, or the marshes in under 100 metres. too bad water not that hot these days, lots of algae etc.

    tekong used to be quite occupied in the early days. i had read a book belonging to the CCO/TMSO, it was in chinese, on history of the xiong te kong temple, and the history of the island. some history on serjahat too.

    btw if the canteen 2 uncle still around, he is the "care taker" of the shrine at serjahat.

  15. #275

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    No more reservist for me since MR in 2005.


    Quote Originally Posted by dotaboy View Post
    Must make sure i bring dslr with long long zoom to take pics of tekong when i enlist.
    I had exercise at reclaimed land of Southern of Tekong. That place is the nature heaven for photography. Early morning can see ray of light pass though the trees and kingfishers are flying around hunting for food.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  16. #276

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Teegongkia View Post
    That old place. When I was in that camp doing my signal course training (2004 or 2005), i heard of the story from my platoon mate. That a female cadet committed suicide for some reason i forgot aready. Then even since that day, the floor was haunted.

    During my stay down there we still saw the thrown talismans + offerings but i never encountered anything throughout my stay. Probably too tired from training. However the whole buidling was rumoured to be "not clean" as several of my platoon mate encountered quite a few unhappy incident during our course there. One of which was that my platoon mate from another bunk heard noises (opening of cupboards) from our bunk where there was nobody in there. We had locked our bunk with a lock from outside when we booked out on saturday.
    Ah...interesting. The furthest i went was only the first floor, where i viewed the trophies and a fake tiger in those glass cabinets, was there for some event.

    Read elsewhere the top floor was actually locked with those stairway metal grilles? So serious ah?

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    my time dont have lah..

    i stayed in the old alpha block, directly opposite the canteen/cookhouse, i.e. facing the parade square.

    come to think of it, i personally didnt see any ghosts/spirits during my stay on tekong, but i do believe they exist, at least those recruits/trainees have their own share of experiences.

    most people loved to get lost arnd the reservoir.
    kpg unum area had a history.

    the hotspring is quite interesting a place, if you know how to bash, you can hit the coast in a couple hundred metres, or the marshes in under 100 metres. too bad water not that hot these days, lots of algae etc.

    tekong used to be quite occupied in the early days. i had read a book belonging to the CCO/TMSO, it was in chinese, on history of the xiong te kong temple, and the history of the island. some history on serjahat too.

    btw if the canteen 2 uncle still around, he is the "care taker" of the shrine at serjahat.
    Wow...u must have read up on lots of history. Are those historical info available elsewhere, online perhaps? Would be interested to read up on the history of the island, the village, the spring, the temple and Serjahat too.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  17. #277
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,022

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Cheese, how come u go thru the POW treatment. U have gone thru Singapore ranger course? Some of the officers who involved in the news were my former instructors. So jialat under the old system. Nowadays, they so gd life still got pp suicide. I guess pp now softer.

    Talking abt the jerry can, my company's record for one person finishing a jerry can of water is 4 hours. Terok man. Lucky, I never kena.

    Talking abt overseas training, my friend was possessed and we heard the mayday over the comms. That joker suddenly woke up in the night and sat up straight. His section mates saw what happened and immediately put on their boots preparing for action. Suddenly, he bolted barefooted into the darkness. Imagine Brunei terrain and being barefooted in jungle. His section mates ran after him and subdued him. Tied him using toggle ropes and he was struggling madly. In the end, they tied him to the tree using toggle ropes. His section mates were kind of prepared cause he was not himself the whole day. According to him later, he claimed that a boy is following him and claimed that he wanted to take his life.
    i think nowadays recce, snipers, scouts... still go through POW training. need to report to the commando camp for all the crazy training n lectures on jungle survival n skinning of snake la, frogs la... everyone take a chicken n twist its head off la...

    ya. i think its a pretty useful course less the POW part. haha

    think only recently the RANGER course is open to NSF too...?





    one of the regular encik told us of this story when i was in the sad camp for POW training.

    some recruit kena possessed for dunno what reason la.he has superhuman strength.

    it took a no. of guys to subdue him, bring him down and finally an old regular encik moved in with the crest on the red beret n totally subdue the poor recruit.


    makes for great bed time stories.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #278
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,022

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Cheese, how come u go thru the POW treatment. U have gone thru Singapore ranger course? Some of the officers who involved in the news were my former instructors. So jialat under the old system. Nowadays, they so gd life still got pp suicide. I guess pp now softer.

    Talking abt the jerry can, my company's record for one person finishing a jerry can of water is 4 hours. Terok man. Lucky, I never kena.
    a jerry-can is 20L right? wa kauz, 4hr finish 20L. really power. 1hr 1L i already can die.


    too much water in our body can kill leh! those crazy ppl really like to tekan.

    those instructors from hell(they proudly wear their black RANGER T-shirt) that were involved in the incident of drowning the trainee, really deserved it. they are sadistic n totally crazy. KNN, they even laughed when they dunked not only my head into the pail of cold water n rinse n repeat for a few more times, but every trainees.

    those higher ranked ones had the most jiaklat time. there's a regular captain during my course... n i think he really kena a lot of kicks n slaps, not to mention 'water treatment'.

    they really shud be banished from S'pore n get their arses poked by porcupines.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #279
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,022

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by canonG9 View Post
    if only..
    cheer up la! maybe in another few year's time. keep ur chin up!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #280
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    East/west
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: Pulau Tekong-True Fact

    Realised that there is a lot of recce guys here. Brings back interesting memories....

    The POW course was after my time (luckily) but the training was tough nonetheless...i remember that there was lots of injuries from bike accidents (lots of pple falling asleep while riding back to camp after exercise).

    But i never hallucinate or was too shacked out....I was a TC and my team was only 3 person in a supposedly 4 man team....the most fun part is that you can tuang a lot during exercise w/o authorities, so pretty much anything goes.....Once play mahjong/shower in marsiling farm house.....

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •