Thread: Wacom Tables problems with Vista

Default Wacom Tables problems with Vista

I am running into problems with Wacom Tablet working with Vista.

For some unknown reason, the Tablet and pen will revert back to working as a mouse, but only after a period of inactivity. What I meant is, as pen and tablet, wherever I point the pen on the tablet, the cursor should jump to the corresponding point on the screen. This cease to happen after a period of inactivity.

Once I reboot the pc, the pen will work like a charm, until a period of inactivity takes place.

Anyone with similar problems.

I have updated to the latest driver from Wacom.
    I am running Vista. Changing back to XP is not an option, nor switching to Mac.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Default Re: Wacom Tables problems with Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post

For some unknown reason, the Tablet and pen will revert back to working as a mouse, but only after a period of inactivity. What I meant is, as pen and tablet, wherever I point the pen on the tablet, the cursor should jump to the corresponding point on the screen. This cease to happen after a period of inactivity.

Once I reboot the pc, the pen will work like a charm, until a period of inactivity takes place.

Anyone with similar problems.

I understand your problem.
    I am using XP but also facing similar problem.
    I believe that you connected quite a few of USB devices to your computer I presume.
    I believe the problem lies with the USB hub.

To overcome this problem, I usually just pull out the USB for the Wacom and reconnect it back then it will resume it function.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Funny thing is I have never encounter this problem before regardless of whether the computer is operated in XP, Vista or Mac OS (In my studio, I have computers that use these OSes and each has a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet connected to it).

In addition, I am too lazy to download the latest driver. I always use the accompanied driver in the CD.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th January 2008 at 04:47 PM.

Have you tried plugging it straight into the USB port on the motherboard instead of going through a hub?

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Have you tried plugging it straight into the USB port on the motherboard instead of going through a hub?

Wes
    That could be the cause.

The tablet is plugged directly to the mother board.

I had actually more USB devices when I was using XP, and had never encounter this problem.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

The tablet is plugged directly to the mother board.

I had actually more USB devices when I was using XP, and had never encounter this problem.
    This doesn't sound good. It could be due to a few factors (motherboard, mobo+vista, mobo+wacom software, etc). When you meant period of inactivity, do you mean the PC goes into sleep mode or no? Windows sleep modes (XP and Vista) have some small issues.

Wes
    Last edited by wesley; 15th January 2008 at 03:07 AM.

inactivity as in the comp goes into sleep mode?... maybe switch off sleep mode... may be some kind of prob with the tablet driver... me, I have not seen this problem cause I prefer the tablet to be in mouse mode and my comp's sleep mode has always been disabled...

just dug into the power settings (control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings)... there is this option in advanced power settings called "USB settings" where there is the option "USB selective suspend setting"... if this is enabled, maybe can try to disable it... might stop USB from going to sleep... mine is disabled... hope this works

Yes, when I meant inactivity, the pc has entered sleep mode. The problem happens when I wake up the pc.

If I unplug the tablet and plug it back in, it works fine again.

Will disable sleep mode and see if it helps.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

I am and running Vista with Wacom tablet. No issues with mine too. Do check your USB connection
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Me too.. Yet to have problem hot-plugging for either XP and Vista. I'm using an Intuos3 tablet.

seemed plugging directly to the motherboard solved the problem.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Strange, mine is plugged to my usb hub and is working fine..
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|